most Overpowered class in game?

A

Appollo

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
I say Elajt it's the most overpowerd class, just look at all wannabe Elajt runing around and df4tehwin ;)

Is there a fan klub?

D

Divinia

Originally posted by Belomar
Hmmpf. Compared to enchanters, Spirit Cabalists get a 140 delve lifetap (yes, it's a lifetap, but this is only useful when MoCing, a time when a chanter's PBAE shines) versus a 179 delve nuke (conveniently fixed next patch when resistance debuffs are nerfed), no PBAE, no speed (oh how I would love that), no or crap focus shield, and a crap class-specific RA. A darkcarver has speed, bolts, and GTAE (but no pet).

so that make the (utter useless mage) chanter best ingame?

edit: utter useless for me. dont bring anything.

M

marczje

Originally posted by luxia
Nerf Marczje ;) that sneaky lil hunter.

Molly
Heh seem to meet u over and over again in df :p

:wub:

R

Rg.Roller

savages They need a nerf but i dont think they will get thier Det skill removed form them other realms have an overlapping type of class like albs have 3 stealth classes and hib have 2x pbaoe class's, mids get a det tank class. I think it will be more orintated to major life being lost through thier buffs, or buff duration.

Enchanter Purely has too much with it in the mana spec line + a pet, debuffs etc. Main problem with facing hib grps atm is the pets, interupt interupt interupt.

Infils From seeing various movies and facing them, DF is a piece of piss to pull off. The move does ok damage too, suspect most thrust infils only use that button if they get the DF in its just a bonus. Somthing needs tobe done, but they have been like this for ages and i dont think it will get changed.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by xajorkith
Is it a coincidence?

Hibernia the magic realm ... er has the best magic user, the Enchanter.

Midgard the melee realm ... er has the best melee char, the Savage.

Albion the zerg realm ... er has the best stealther, the Infiltrator (and Minstrel and Scout.)

Seems all okay to me :) and I'm sure we'd be whining a great deal more if it was otherwise!

Every realm has its strengths and weaknesses, which is, as you say, as it should be.

P

pitspawn

Few classes are outrageously overpowered, most of the imbalance comes when teamed with other characters.

Hib casters are top of my annoyance list atm. It ceases to amaze me that mythic could be so fucking stupid to give classes that are designed for damage the highest form of paralysis. Never have i ever seen so much of an "i win" button in this game as to the stun, nuke, nuke tactic or worse still debuff, stun, nuke, nuke etc. When fighting an good enchanter/eldritch and you get the first nuke/bolt off all they have to do is a qc stun and its game over unless you have purge. Why is it that we have to have purge to compete with them? The problem is only worsened by hibs having all 3 power relics, which is almost entirely because of where the power relic keeps are positioned. The usual arguements for the acceptability of a 9 second base line stun on hib casters normally falls into ... "Oh but it costs so much to cast" or "Well we dont have a long duration root like wizards have" or "Well it gets resisted 50% of the time and only lasts a second after resists and det" Its all BS just to cover up the fact that its fundimentally wrong, and they know it.

Savages when buffed are just wrong imo. I never really saw much of what was wrong with them up until recently. Ive been quad hitted for 550+ damage on multiple occasions (Thats with 29% slash resist + 590 AF) No other melee classes come close to that damage on me especially from a realm with no str relics. Admittingly im a caster and im gonna get wtfpwned by a pure melee class but id like to live longer than 5 seconds when i have near tank hitpoints.

Sorry if I've overwhined but i really needed to get it off my chest :)

Hibernia the magic realm ... er has the best magic user, the Enchanter.

Midgard the melee realm ... er has the best melee char, the Savage.

Albion the zerg realm ... er has the best stealther, the Infiltrator (and Minstrel and Scout.)

Seems all okay to me :) and I'm sure we'd be whining a great deal more if it was otherwise!

Going by this logic mythic should delete melee classes in hib and delete mage classes in mid (although i think that already happened, cant remember the last time i saw a mid caster :p)

Seriously though, I like the deviation of spell listing given to the different classes of the realms but they need to all be equal to one another. We strive for class balance all the time, but if we adopt the above logic then that will NEVER happen.

S

Soromaar2

my little thought on infils is:

was in hmg odins met a rr6 dude had a fight he won but he had 20% hp left or so..ok fair fight

met another amg odins rr3 think it was he was much easier i won taht time..

so i think like this maybe infils are a tad to powerful, but all cry about em beeing owerpowerd..maybe they just ROCK at what they do..and savages im not sure but think they not taht good when unbuffed and solo...

B

belth

Originally posted by ab_fluid
So you think Dragonfang is balanced? or are you jsut saying this stuff cos u don't wanna see ur inf get brought back in line?

Hey mister. caster-groups only, look at Ravenbournes "suggestion".

K

Karlo

I dont think its a case of a single overpowered class tbh.

Its more of how the classes work together. For example, a mid group may consist of 2 healers, a skald, and 5 savages.

Try and get that sort of set up with a group frm any other realm and make it really work ^^

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by pitspawn
Few classes are outrageously overpowered, most of the imbalance comes when teamed with other characters.

Hib casters are top of my annoyance list atm. It ceases to amaze me that mythic could be so fucking stupid to give classes that are designed for damage the highest form of paralysis. Never have i ever seen so much of an "i win" button in this game as to the stun, nuke, nuke tactic or worse still debuff, stun, nuke, nuke etc. When fighting an good enchanter/eldritch and you get the first nuke/bolt off all they have to do is a qc stun and its game over unless you have purge. Why is it that we have to have purge to compete with them? The problem is only worsened by hibs having all 3 power relics, which is almost entirely because of where the power relic keeps are positioned. The usual arguements for the acceptability of a 9 second base line stun on hib casters normally falls into ... "Oh but it costs so much to cast" or "Well we dont have a long duration root like wizards have" or "Well it gets resisted 50% of the time and only lasts a second after resists and det" Its all BS just to cover up the fact that its fundimentally wrong, and they know it.

Ok, why are hib casters wrong if they say they think the stun is shit? do you feel you are going to last longer with 2/3 mages assist nuking you if you weren't stunned?

when fighting a mid grp or a FC grp for example you are looking at around 45-50% resists to the stun which lets say takes it down to 5 secs dura from 9, then take det into account on this... and you have a stun lasting < 2 secs on a tank, then tanks back on you and your dead, this is why a lot of hib casters would swap it for a root, a 60 sec single target root is gonna hold a tank still for longer than a stun, you can then run off and start nuking again. You're totally welcome to have my baseline stun if i get baseline root :)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by .Venge
vote....

my vote goes to savage... nerf ^^

Bard - See Tykas thread - OMG OMG I killed a scout solo (With all my mates) thread..

F

Fagane

Savage (Hybdrid with Determ)
Healer (insta-What Ever)
Enchanter (debuff own nukes with baseline stun)
Infiltrator (9 sec stun of 50% chance evade)

All easy to fix, just never will happen.

I got btw no problem with the damage output of a savage if there was a way to stop it, or lose the damage/self buffs or lose determ.

All other isues are more stun related, just lower the duration on it.

Fagane

U

ulke

Originally posted by Karlo
I dont think its a case of a single overpowered class tbh.

Its more of how the classes work together. For example, a mid group may consist of 2 healers, a skald, and 5 savages.

Try and get that sort of set up with a group frm any other realm and make it really work ^^

1 bard 2druids 5bm's ? :p

btw, no endreg/desease/not so good healpower isnt very good....

Z

Zoldot

My Class must be the most overpowered int he whole game!
I mean I wtfpwned a pala and a scout at the same time when I was out and solo with no buffs. (they had epic armor and I used IP but still :p)

P

pitspawn

when fighting a mid grp or a FC grp for example you are looking at around 45-50% resists to the stun which lets say takes it down to 5 secs dura from 9, then take det into account on this... and you have a stun lasting < 2 secs on a tank, then tanks back on you and your dead

I admit hib mages against high det tanks who have top heat resist buffs from a friar then your stun is shit. But only 2 of the 14 classes of albion get determination, having a friar in the group is rare and high determination isn't cheap on the few classes who can get it.

do you feel you are going to last longer with 2/3 mages assist nuking you if you weren't stunned?

Yes, most definately. Difference being that i can move out of LOS or LOR if i am not stunned. Difference being that i can even return damage back at the casters to interrupt their nuking on me.

this is why a lot of hib casters would swap it for a root, a 60 sec single target root is gonna hold a tank still for longer than a stun, you can then run off and start nuking again. You're totally welcome to have my baseline stun if i get baseline root :)

Our root gets resisted just as much as your stun does. If it lands then it will be only of any use to a pure melee class. Any hybrid, light tank, support or mages are gonna laugh at you for rooting them.

I wouldnt want to swap root for your stun, simply because i do not believe that ranged damage dealers should be granted the highest form of paralysis in this game (bar slam) I would be perfectly happy seeing you guys get a crappy root like we have for removing the stun ;)

F

finbahr

people say the savage/enchanter i do not have a problem with these 2 classes at all
1. enchater is from the magic realm the mages should be more powerful
2. the savage is from the melee realm it should be the most formidable fighter
3 albs are from the zerg realm they do zerg more nuff said

(ps No3 is a joke)

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by finbahr
people say the savage/enchanter i do not have a problem with these 2 classes at all
3 albs are from the zerg realm they do zerg more nuff said

(ps No3 is a joke)

1. - Hibernia being the magical realm has nothing to do with dmg wise but the fact that their chars are more migic based as all of them has some form of magical abilitie.

2. - As for Midgard, they have very few casters compared to Hibernia and albion, Midgard tank does not have to spec for dmg when useing 2H either so can spec more into defence then Alb tanks. Hibernias tank does not have to spec for dmg either but they can't use same styles for 1H as for 2H.

3. - So we zerg more than Hibs and Mids, when will you realize that it will most likely not change till the RvR expansion is out, just deal with it :)

P

pitspawn

1) If thats the case why make casters for other other realms if they are going to be inferior? And why create a bias for tank/mage balance in general?
2) Same as above but for melee.

#3 albs are from the zerg realm they do zerg more nuff said

(ps No3 is a joke)

:bore:

F

finbahr

Originally posted by pitspawn
1) If thats the case why make casters for other other realms if they are going to be inferior? And why create a bias for tank/mage balance in general?
2) Same as above but for melee.

why not make all the realms the same then you ass casters still should be usefull but not as good as hib casters
tanks still should be good not just as good as mid tanks
albs should be the jack of all trades better tanks than hib better mages than mid with some sort of added bonus ooops they did the infil

Users who are viewing this thread