Most overated band in the world?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm not trolling, I'm stating my opinion.

Blind Twat (that's trolling).

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
u all bein rebels by sayin metallica r shit? ho ho u guys really dont like metal or summet do you i think you should go back to listening to your s club juniors n that ;)

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
Scooba da Bass said:
The only alternative to metal is S Club Juniors? Wow.
theres probly other stuff but thats all crap to speccially that techno stuff

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
maxi said:
*la di dah listen to me cos i'm important and clearly know better than you cos I am maxi lord of all music taste. you will bow down before me peons*
I see your point, but I was putting forward my opinion, based on the Beatles tracks I have heard. Which were mainly shite. Hence, the Beatles are dire. I frankly don't give a shit how they "changed" music for ever, a lot of bands have done this without any where near the acclaim the "Fab" Four get.

In short they suck. They suck ballz.

*edit*

I've read the list of albums that were influenced by the beatles, none of them interest me either, except maybe early Led Zep, but then later > earlier Led Zep.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
stubbyrulz said:
u all bein rebels by sayin metallica r shit? ho ho u guys really dont like metal or summet do you i think you should go back to listening to your s club juniors n that ;)

I like metal. I just don't like shitty metal. By shitty metal, I mean Metallica, Linkin Park, etc.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I know musical taste is based on opinion and not fact but anyone saying The Beatles were shit is just plain laughable really. Saying you don't like them may be a bit more accurate, saying they were shit just shows a complete lack of musical understanding and appreciation.

Over-rated? Possibly, but that's the media machine at work for you, and after 40 years of hype it could quite easily build up to overbearing levels.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
stubbyrulz said:

You're the one being a retard. I grew up with metal, my earliest musical memory is sitting in my brothers room in the early 80s listening to metal vinyls for hours on end. Metal music is the musical genre that has played the biggest part of my life. It's just Metllica are bad.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Jonaldo said:
I know musical taste is based on opinion and not fact but anyone saying The Beatles were shit is just plain laughable really. Saying you don't like them may be a bit more accurate, saying they were shit just shows a complete lack of musical understanding and appreciation.
Not really. I just understand that The Beatles are on the whole pretty shit in my opinion. The tunes, whilst catchy, seem a bit twee to me (A lot fo the earlier stuff sounds exactly like Manfred Mann. I'm not saying who copied who, just that they sound similar. And Manfred Mann were pretty lousy as well.).

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
Nibbler said:
Being 15 isn't an excuse for being a dumbass :p
dam it aint? but anyway you cant say the beatles didnt have talent the same goes for metallica its just that the music's changed and that but they havent

mank!

Part of the furniture
maxi said:
The Mars Volta aren't dire, but they are overrated.
I'd agree with that. Decent band but I prefer ATDI.

I did like Deloused for awhile, but it all got a bit samey for me and I can't for the life of me understand the hype anymore.

ReActor said:
Back to the discussion... as I'm sat here in a Joy Division t-shirt with my Ian Curtis avatar and I think LWTUA is the best love song ever written, you might imagine I disagree. But actually I think they are overrated.

Their name gets dropped all the bloody time these days when referring to all sorts of bands (e.g. Interpol) who are actually nothing like them... and you get people saying they were excellent musicians and all this tosh. Christ, these people obviously haven't heard 'Still' (the live album). It's shite! Yes they did stuff that was influential but 'influential' doesn't always mean 'amazing' - look at the Beatles.

So, fair enough I say. There are a number of good reasons to like Joy Division but I can perfectly understand if people are totally bewildered as to how they got so revered.
I'd agree with that too. I love them and think they're a fantastic band but Ian couldn't sing, they weren't revolutionary or particularly brilliant musically (except Peter's bass style perhaps) and they didn't start any sort of trend.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
stubbyrulz said:
dam it aint? but anyway you cant say the beatles didnt have talent the same goes for metallica its just that the music's changed and that but they havent

George Harrison could play the Acousitc well, apart from that i don't see why The Beatles have any more talent than Boyzone or someone like that. They wrote catchy pop songs, nothing more.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Which when you look at the music around them was a bit of a godsend. Remember not everything is centred around your past 16 years upon this earth

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I love the music to come out of the time period. I'm not too sharp on it but my father is a huge fan of the likes of The Rat Pack, and others to come out of the era and i only go by what i've heard from his record collection. Also, I know full well not everything is centered around my time on this planet, and my record collection would mirror this fact. Now, please, go do what i suggested earlier. Thanks.

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
stubbyrulz said:

I love overlong/repetitive/dull songs with shit lyrics and vocals!

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
I see your point, but I was putting forward my opinion, based on the Beatles tracks I have heard. Which were mainly shite. Hence, the Beatles are dire. I frankly don't give a shit how they "changed" music for ever, a lot of bands have done this without any where near the acclaim the "Fab" Four get.

In short they suck. They suck ballz.

*edit*

I've read the list of albums that were influenced by the beatles, none of them interest me either, except maybe early Led Zep, but then later > earlier Led Zep.

Because I havent called you a **** or replied with a 'quick witted' one liner, or done any of the things you usually do to put your point across, you have to try and discredit my opinion? It's not clever, it predictable and very boring.

Back to the Beatles...I agreed they were overrated, i just didn't agree they were dire. It's called discussion! And you've not added anything new to the subject, which is probably why, we always end up going round in circles whenever we discuss anything. You jus reiterate you're brash and ignorant opinion until the other person folds with anger or boredom.

I'll do the later.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
i like the thingy to day tripper by beetles but thats it and btw i would says most over rated is linken park

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
stubbyrulz said:
linken park

I disagree no one I have ever spoken to(with a brain) has said said Linkin Park were good, they've always said they were shit.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
stubbyrulz said:
i like the thingy to day tripper by beetles but thats it and btw i would says most over rated is linken park
The thingy?

mank!

Part of the furniture
stubbyrulz said:
hows about bjork every1 seems to love her but shes crap imo
Dunno, I don't think she's THAT highly rated to even be considered overrated. I do like her music though and she's got a great - if very odd - voice.

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
The most over rated band for me is U2. I like them, but still think they are over rated.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
stubbyrulz said:
hows about bjork every1 seems to love her but shes crap imo

No-one i know seems to like her music except me :x

CertifiedBomb

Fledgling Freddie
busted are the most over-rated band ever... i mean are they even really a band? can they acctually play the guitar? ******* mummys boys.. :kissit:

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Who rates Busted beyond Smash Hits magazine and 14 year old girls?

The point of the thread is that you disagree with with the hype given to bands that are generally held in high regard, not randomly pick bands that you dislike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom