morning maintenance

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
today they are bringing down the servers at 9am till lunchtime for an update

does anyone know if that is gonna be the norm for them to be doing maintenance in the mornings, instead of during the wee hours like most games do?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
maybe to fix the battlegrounds?

one can just hope

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie

does anyone know if that is gonna be the norm for them to be doing maintenance in the mornings, instead of during the wee hours like most games do?

Morning till lunch time is the norm matey. WoW has had updates on Wednesdays from 7am till 12pm regulary.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Most games usually do them in the morning one day a week. common practice

WoW was always wednesdays, all Codemasters MMo's was a thursday I think.

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
strange when i used to play at night the buggers always went offline at about 4 in the morning

6760Anders

Fledgling Freddie
Damn this is sad!
Just the week-day when i'm early of from school, i get online, play for a couple of minutes, and then update! 'Till noon!?
Geebuz..

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
wish it wasnt the norm, would be nice if they did it while i was sleeping, dam im bored now LOL :p

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
im getting fed up of all these bloody downtimes during the daytime hours :|
some mmos do them really late at nite like 3am or really early around 6am.

i really wouldnt mind but the game only launched yesterday and theres already downtime :|

wasnt there downtime the day before the official launch aswell just 2 days ago?

are we going to get downtime every other day for the foreseable future because it sucks!

change the time to something that wont interupt alot of peoples playtime or do it less often :lol:

i bet more than a few people booked days of work to have a nice play during the launce week and if they did now they just have to wait for the servers coming back up every other day....

pikeh

Resident Freddy
im getting fed up of all these bloody downtimes during the daytime hours :|
some mmos do them really late at nite like 3am or really early around 6am.

i really wouldnt mind but the game only launched yesterday and theres already downtime :|

wasnt there downtime the day before the official launch aswell just 2 days ago?

are we going to get downtime every other day for the foreseable future because it sucks!

change the time to something that wont interupt alot of peoples playtime or do it less often :lol:

i bet more than a few people booked days of work to have a nice play during the launce week and if they did now they just have to wait for the servers coming back up every other day....

They are fixing issues from launch ffs, stop complaining.

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
Well if they fix my CTD problem and increase the server cap on 8 Peak's, then I will happily wait till lunchtime. WOW has am downtimes every week as did EQ2 at the start. Annoying that I'm sitting here unable to scratch my War itch but this sort of stuff will always happen at an MMO launch (unlike the Beta cock up) and it's better they sort out issues now.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Nothing you could be doing in the mean time?

Clean the house which is no doubt in a state after some of the 13 hour sessions you have been pulling since headstart?

:m00:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
"OMGLOLWTF" my epix pants are not working?!?!?!?!?"

"OMGLOLWTF" my server is not working?!?!?!?!?"

See the problem?

If they didn't bring them down for regular maintenance people would complain things don't work, if they do bring them down people complain that the server is down.

Do something else for a few hours! (like get a job or study)

6760Anders

Fledgling Freddie
I have been to school, but we we're off early, and i was really looking forward to an entire day of gaming = my sad face about now.
I am not complaining that they do maintenances, that's fair enough, but does it have to take 2 hours??
I don't know.. But i am indeed frustrated..

killfest

Fledgling Freddie
Well i was hoping to spend this time setting up my new laptop but the buggers still havnt delivered it.....

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
Go to bbc iplayer and watch nevermind the buzzcocks. What a funny funny program :D

Thought the servers would be back up by then, but alas... no such luck :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom