Missing DoD maps.

T

throdgrain

As with all things to do with half life, it seems there has been a fuck up with the maps. However instead of the paying customers getting short changed as in Counter-Strike, this time it's us downloaders for DoD. There are two missing maps for v1.0, they're called dod_mederet and dod_vicenza. I'll try to get them on the ftp, but dont hold your breath , as I am a complete idiot at such things :) They are OUT there on the net, have a look in the meantime.
One of the few things to disappoint me about the new DoD was that some of my favourite maps, ie zafod and ramelle had been dropped. Well this is good news , as dod_mederat appears to be simply a renaming, and reworking, of Ramelle, so 1 out of 2 aint so bad I suppose :)

G

Gumbo

I might add that they weren't simply missed, but actively dropped. It is my opinion, and those with whom I played this afternoon, that the Ramelle remake in particular must have been dropped because it wasn't completed in time. The map looks sparse and missing in detail to say the least, and the minimap is missing.

Still do download them, as those downloading them whilst others play tend to lag the game up for the rest of us.

Anyway, provided it's still up and until they find their way onto the BW ftp, you can get them here http://files.dodnetwork.com/uploads/maps/mapfix.zip

D

Daffeh

I must be the only person who thought Ramelle was the worst map ever.

The middle bottleneck with the bridge was the worst design ever.

i know zafod has/had the bridge as the only way to get between to the two sides, but its not so much of a bottleneck.

I prefer maps with multiple ways into each base, rather than a boring old 2fort map.

DoD suits open maps like Caen, Anzio, Avalanche etc.

Also the new beach map, Charlie is a huge improvement over Overlord, and Caen rocks with the PIAT's/panzershreck's :)

T

throdgrain

Yeah i know you're right too daf, on many levels, but ramelle is just a favourite, what can I say :)
The way the planes fly over the river looks great, I always loved it .
This new version does look unfinished though, I must admit.
Personally i cant understand why the only map they've left unchanged is Avalanche, for me the worst map on DoD. Ah well, personal choice I suppose :)

D

Daffeh

they could have at least fixed the grenade bug

thats got me kicked off a server many a time

S

Summo

Originally posted by throdgrain
Personally i cant understand why the only map they've left unchanged is Avalanche, for me the worst map on DoD. Ah
Wasn't that the map created by VALVE? I guess nobody wanted to piss the bosses off.

I SMELL CORPORATE!

D

Daffeh

best map ever has to be cr44b3

well maybe not best map ever, but it certainly was fun :)

theres some really great custom maps for 3.1, lets hope some get converted to 1.0

oh and then put some customs on a bw server...ta Throd ;)

ps Avalanche r0xx0r :D

T

throdgrain

Ive just not bothered as yet with custom maps mate, seeing as how the servers are 100% empty apart from one or two thursdays for dod night.
Nights YOU have been conspicuosly absent from ! :eek:

D

Daffeh

heh sorry :(

they keep slipping my mind

but i'll be there Thursday if the servers are up :)

edit: i see they are :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread