DoD maps

T

throdgrain

Just to let you know, I've had dod_medurat and dod_vincenza taken off the BW 1 server. This is because they are on a separate download, so not everyone has them. Also because they are a bit rubbish too tbh. Well, actually medurat is just ramelle for 1.0, but it seems to be missing a load of textures and looks pants :(

T

Trem

Take that mother fucking forest trench thing off as well, the one where you come out through a waterfall if you are on axis, that is a badger-pooh of a map.

G

Gumbo

Kalt, the one in the snow with the sewers and the bridge is a fantastic map 5v5, and is the worst map ever invented in the whole world for any game ever, at 7v7+.

With bigger teams it is just spawn, run to house or bridge kill someone/get killed, repeat ad nauseam.

Just seemed like the right place to get that off my chest.

Favourite map I think so far, the Glider and 2 tanks one, loads of routes loads of rubble close in fights, fights at a distance, grand :)

Another good one if the teams are 8v8+ is the map where allies have to cap a fountain before going on to destroy 3 tanks, really good lots of people map.

Speaking of which, can we get a bigger server before Thursday please? Otherwise, join early to avoid dissapointment.

T

throdgrain

Tbh I imagine ill be told that 16 is the max they can cope with ...
Never mind, its gone a way when we might be moaning that the server is too small :)

My favourtie map atm is Dod_flash, and also the new version of Anzio.

G

Gumbo

Surely there is plenty of unused shiny server space though, this is a HL mod after all, so a 20 man server wouldn't be too resource hungry?

Come on Game.net, support one of the only games actually played on your service....

I've blown it now haven't I :(

T

throdgrain

When (beta) 2.0 came out they took it down to 12 man :( It took me noths to convince them to return it to 16 :)

edit noths ?? MONTHS I mean ...

J

Johnny Bravo

Yeah there plenty of 18/20 man servers out there and run very nicely without any lag......I'm sure Game servers can match them easily ;)

J

jis

Would be nice to see a 20 man server, and perhaps another night added to the diary for dod !

T

throdgrain

Just been playing on the Jolt 20 man server, my ping was never below 150, nor was anyone elses.
Also, a lot ofthe maps wern't made for them kind of numbers. I think Ill stick at 16 for the time being .. :(

J

Johnny Bravo

Fair enough with sticking to 16 men, but please don't use Jolt as an example m8 :D

Jolt will have 5 games running from 1 server, whilst Game may do the same they won't have all 5 games running full :)

Users who are viewing this thread