Mincer Questions

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Nothing effects charm cept +skill and spell duration, and duration only reduces they time they break charm when they do resist.

Red con = 56th lvl mob = 70 composite skill to handle perfectly without resists, although a mincer can maybe get by with a bit less music by spamming the charm when it's resisting.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Yea like maeloch said , the simplified formula for mistrels is Base Skill+RR/Spellcrafted skill -10 is the level of pet one can hold reliably so at rr6 its 50+16-10 which is 56<Red Con> Its not a perfect formula and it scales unevenly after monsters are above level 54 but its a good thing to have in mind :D

Spell duration also effects as it means the charm lasts longer per pusle , 2 Full charm pulse resists though will get you killed and also worth noting is the fact that as its an active pulse/song when you or the pet get cc'd you will lose charm quickly , this can also be abused by releasing the pet when mezzed/rooted to free you then quickly recharm , helpful i hope this was mmm yes :D

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Yea like maeloch said , the simplified formula for mistrels is Base Skill+RR/Spellcrafted skill -10 is the level of pet one can hold reliably so at rr6 its 50+16-10 which is 56<Red Con> Its not a perfect formula and it scales unevenly after monsters are above level 54 but its a good thing to have in mind :D
Yeah I've seen a couple of formulas, the same for ments and mincers, and they don't exactly fit the curve. That would give me lvl61 pets (low purps) which in reality is suicide.

That said, I did borrow a rr11 mincer once and had a play. IIRC could hold upto lvl63 pets (purple levians) and run around with them with a lot of spamming the charm at teh pet. Not sure if could have held higher, was highest charmable mob in the frontier I could find. Give ments spammable charm!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Isnt there a mincer vid with a charmed ToA ML boss at the end (Vazul and or Battler I think)?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Isnt there a mincer vid with a charmed ToA ML boss at the end (Vazul and or Battler I think)?

Yeah, I remember a mincer running about with a charmed Battler. I think most of the epic mobs have been fixed and flagged uncharmable however (the Glacier Giant used to be charmable, although good luck with that)

tbh I think must use some sort of program/or macro to spam a constant, high repeat stream of insta charms to the server. Even if you put a coin in the kb, it will only spam like 10 charms a sec or whatever. Above a certain lvl, nearly every charm is resisted and that's not enuff to hold anything.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Don't wurry CorNokZ, I used to think the color of the charm should match the color of the mob for it to be effective.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Nice mini/Ywain video Punishment, what is the first song called? Its very catchy...

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Dont call it "a mini".. Dont know where the yanks got it from, but it sucks balls

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Tbh i dunno what the 1st track is called :(

Hope you enjoyed the video though ;)

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
"it sucks balls"? You will have to come up with a better argument than that. Mini/mincer, whats the difference.

and yes I really enjoyed the video Punishment.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Bit of a question here, say the minstrel is like RR9+, would you get away with dropping weapon spec to 39 from 44 in favour of some stealth to be able to hide from visi's and not lose out too much in terms of stand and fight ability?

I'm kinda thinking the weapon skill won't drop too much between 39 and 44 if you have +11 from items and being RR9 =+19...

Also, what stat makes a difference to the mincers dd's? and is it the same stat that makes the charm more effective?

olco

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of a question here, say the minstrel is like RR9+, would you get away with dropping weapon spec to 39 from 44 in favour of some stealth to be able to hide from visi's and not lose out too much in terms of stand and fight ability?

I'm kinda thinking the weapon skill won't drop too much between 39 and 44 if you have +11 from items and being RR9 =+19...

It's like any other melee, so your defense penetration and stuff could suffer, how much / if it makes a real difference on a minstrel, i don't know.
On the other hand, even if you'd got for 39slash, 50 instruments, you'd still only have 21 stealth. 21+19(template/rr) is still only 40 stealth. Not really sure if you'd be able to avoid visibles like that (doubt it), avoiding any other sneak won't work, that's for sure).
Also, what stat makes a difference to the mincers dd's?

Charisma (and general acuity) is the stat that will increase the damage on your dd's. Instruments alsop increase the dmg. How much x amount of instrument/char actually ups, i don't know ;)

and is it the same stat that makes the charm more effective?

The charm is NOT affected by any stat, you could run around with no +charisma and you'd still charm the same. The only way to make the charm better is upping you instrument skill.
The calculation was given earlier (i think) but it is:
0.66*<character lvl> + 0.33*<instrumentlvl (base spec, +from template, +from rr)>.
Personal experience is that rounding down yields the best results. I've noticed that even when i should be able to charm a X.95 lvl pet, if i decide to use a X+1 lvl (e.g. 52.95 and use a 53) i have a much higher maintenance cost. Charm breaks more often, have to actively doublecharm and stuff.

Note that this is only for the pulsing charm, the permanent charm allows to charm up to yellow con, lvl 50 mobs (at lvl 50), no oranges.

Punishment

Resident Freddy

Also, what stat makes a difference to the mincers dd's? and is it the same stat that makes the charm more effective?

Hit them on the head jamie , it works for me !

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
could anyone please nerf this char ?

plzzzz ? :p

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Vamp only !

Skald, Valk leave em as they are : D

Genedril

Part of the furniture

Went 39 instruments myself anyhow. In a group it makes no difference as your an interrupter and as a solo I rely on my pet and dd's to do the damage. Thought I didn't go high stealth for the stealth... Figured I'd probably fall off something sooner rather than later and safe fall was a no brainer.

Now if I could just find something lower than rr9 solo I'd be sorted.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
2 dd's with proper setup do over 600 damage before crits so actually they DO make a big difference ;)

Genedril

Part of the furniture
2 dd's with proper setup do over 600 damage before crits so actually they DO make a big difference ;)

I meant slash - typing fail.... Or thinking fail? I was reading the 44 slash and thought I'm not that; what am I? (It's been over 2 months away due to a broken collar bone). Went and checked and then couldn't even hold the thought long enough to tab back and make a post.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ahh well 44+15 slash on my minstrel does give nice damage tbh and i dont see the point in speccing stealth unless its for climb wall @ 25 , main thing is to have backslash tho

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Couldn't get that much +slash on my mincer after aiming for 10 sp / 10 mage dmg and high duration :(.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I'm a bit reluctant to share it, but it's a rather cheap temp i've come up with that consists of...
34/50 AF
387 hits
10% mellee dammage
6% style dammage
4% mellee speed
capped sists appart from thrust at 16% (i know, bad) energy 25%, slash 22%....thrust and slash not much of a prob with the CL melee sist buff.
+11 slash and instruments
95 charisma
95 str
85 con
52 quick
7% heal bonus
6% spell range
6% spell dammage
12% pp
1% spell duration
Lots of heal procs....4 infact.

only expensive Item is astral blade, but the temp is basically weaponless anyway so you don't have to have astral for it :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Lol just use mine , spell piercing is over-rated :D

Tankstrel approach + a nasty pet is ftw ;)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
gay class ! kite kite kite

You have obviously never fought my mistrel :D

I stand toe to toe with rr8-9 heavy tanks and beat them, i have even beaten the mighty Akdave in mortal combat ;)

sshot042.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom