Mincer Questions

tierk

Part of the furniture
I am thinking about starting a Mincer as a stealth class and been wondering what the consensus is regards how good /bad they are in stealth wars currently.

Any advice and information is gratefully received (read rep inc).

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
They bring quite alot of utility for a stlth grp (3ppl ->) but lacks alot of damage compared to inf\scout, and therefore is not so good in duos tbh.

In stealthgroups you will be bait, because other stealthers will see you miles away:)

tierk

Part of the furniture
They bring quite alot of utility for a stlth grp (3ppl ->) but lacks alot of damage compared to inf\scout, and therefore is not so good in duos tbh.

In stealthgroups you will be bait, because other stealthers will see you miles away:)

Is the stealth and damage that bad?

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Most mincers i see nowadays are running around with charmed pets, not so much stealthed...

Prolly better off with a Scout matey

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Is the stealth and damage that bad?

Well, yeah, its worse then a scout fireing a bow and a inf. And we cant spec MoS - Thats why we get spotted easily.

There are some good posts here: VNboards :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
you only need sos and a buffed pet

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
If you like fighting mincers, patrol the elyll camp...mincer after mincer after mincer after mincer...

They are plenty around, so they can't be so gimped. Pretty much everything running from duos up has Mach6 now so handy in grps whatever the size. No idea in stealth wars, I can't recall last time I saw one without pet like aika sez.

Puppet

Part of the furniture

Totally agree, except for the last remark: This is not true. A minstrel is just as easy (or hard) to spot as an archer from both an assassin or an archer PoV. The problem is that most minstrels do not have 50 composite stealth. If they do, they are just 'as hard' to spot as an archer.

Obviously the reverse doesn't hold: The mincer will not see the archer/assassin at the same range due to no access to MoS.

Frontload of a minstrel is pretty good, but the DPS is abit lacking. Melee-DPS is OK (better then a scout) but not the defense of the scout (shield-spec). DD's and Pet increase the amount of DPS substantially. And ofcourse utility which is unquestioned, but only start to shine at 2+ enemies imo.

Train

One of Freddy's beloved
The stealth was never a big issue back when I played as a stealth minstrel.
Ofc you always got jumped, so you'll learn to live with that - thing is just to interrupt (stun) the pa-chain.
If you just survive (don't go down too far in health) the initial attack from a stealther you'll wear them down with DD's. At least that's how it worked 4-5+ years ago.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I'm quite tempted to roll a minstrel on ywain, from having a little look at specs, would somethin like 44 slash/thrust 50inst be good? or maybe 39 slash and dump the rest into stealth?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
depends what your gonna do with it.

if your gonna run in groups then you don't need stealth. if your gonna solo then stealth (as crappy as it is) is quite vital to stay away from the biggest zerg fests.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I'm quite tempted to roll a minstrel on ywain, from having a little look at specs, would somethin like 44 slash/thrust 50inst be good? or maybe 39 slash and dump the rest into stealth?

Mincers are a very good class overall , if you kite a little you can take on any of the fotm tanks in the game and if you get ontop of caster and bard duos etc you can kill them with raw dps and your tools like fz mezz etc , personally i run with a buffed goblin searcher yellow con with sorc style charm so i can run ablative and speed perma as it backsnares and diseases alot , im 44 slash 50 instruments highlander myself :D

Stealth mincers are nice in stealth duo's/trio's but thats not my style , solo petstril is ftw

aika

Can't get enough of FH
didnt see any decent minstrels so far on ywain xD

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Mincers are a very good class overall , if you kite a little you can take on any of the fotm tanks in the game and if you get ontop of caster and bard duos etc you can kill them with raw dps and your tools like fz mezz etc , personally i run with a buffed goblin searcher yellow con with sorc style charm so i can run ablative and speed perma as it backsnares and diseases alot , im 44 slash 50 instruments highlander myself :D

Stealth mincers are nice in stealth duo's/trio's but thats not my style , solo petstril is ftw

Euhm can these be found anywere? or just in Mid?

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Two eye they can be found past the ellyls camp on the river bank. just wander along it you will find em : )

Genedril

Part of the furniture
CBA to read it all - has anyone said that petstrels are far more popular than sneakstrels yet? Good for groups and 'apparently' pretty decent solo.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
i agree with all basically, also remark that minstrel in stealth duo/trio vs non stealthers is really funny and enjoyable, guess this should be at laby spots, PoC, XP NF spots etc, minstrel dmg is not that great but with tools u can kill medium tanks, mages and some heavy tanks (not very high RR) ofc sometimes pet is needed, can always charm a healing pet (ellyl, cleric mob, etc) and if it is yellow u can always stealth and hide pet (until u attack which uncovers you) actually for me mincer is the funniest class i've played solo/duo/trio , scout did kill more and had more rps same way, but not so funny (mezz, fz, pet, songs, speed, RAs = quite lot of fun) :)

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
stealthed mincer

I am thinking about starting a Mincer as a stealth class and been wondering what the consensus is regards how good /bad they are in stealth wars currently.

Any advice and information is gratefully received (read rep inc).

btw against non stealther, mincer stealth is 95% or 100% as good as if u were 50 st assasin (if u have st 50 capped with bonus, like 33 st + 17 st from items)

tested :)

P.S. stealth mincer solo/duos/trios not also killing in PoC etc, also in bridges and normal RvR area, note that in normal areas and bridges there is more chance to get zerged or play only stealth wars, where mincer always suffer to be spotted and first target to kill :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
44weapon, 50 inst and 8 stealth..

When are people gonna realise that points in stealth are useless? You will be discovered from miles away, even by non-stealthers. Until minstrels get MoS, don't waste your points in stealth. But if you really want to stealth, I'd go 39weapon, 30stealth and 45inst

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Ill try out stealth spec with + 11 stealth on crafted gear, and if it doesnt work (isnt fun) ill respec and replace +stealth gear. I want to try 50 instr, 29 slash, rest stealth, that way I get amethyst anytime style, red ablative, red con pets, red dd's, red healsong.

Has anyone tried this spec?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom