Mids in emain, a general thanks for playing way you did today

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
i pretty much solo'd a level 45/46 merc to rr4l5 so i would say in the old days it would of been possible to solo a rm to RR5 :D
I played rm same time as he did and I know he didn't. Im not saying it's not possible :>

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
i think you will find i did m8....only real rvr i did in grps was from bout rr4l6 or so on wards with enharjarna....didnt do much other than that and the odd guild here and there so get your facts straight.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
DaggerElivager said:
i think you will find i did m8....only real rvr i did in grps was from bout rr4l6 or so on wards with enharjarna....didnt do much other than that and the odd guild here and there so get your facts straight.
Get my facts straight? You are saying yourself you grpd now so how wrong am I to say that you did?

And I remember grp with you when I was in WR and Fedaykin so ^^

MaditioneR

Fledgling Freddie
Stinko said:
You didn't find groups with alliance material of over 120 player... remember

i did with some from bulle.. rest wanned to play with computer-controlled-monsters...

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda obvious to me that mids have more opted groups out atm, albs/hibs dont generally have any or just one hence random alb/hib groups get smashed by opted groups and log, mid random groups survive and make some rp's = mids zerging for the scraps and less enemies.

very narrow minded to blame random groups for something opted groups are equally to blame for.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Funny how a thread progresses and grows.

As a hib here is how I see it. Hib's tend to run in numbers which range between 1 and 8. Looking at the realm stats it does not take a genious to work out we have less active players and certainly less who are capable of holding their own in RvR battles. Bugged ml's do not help (kind of hard to complete them when they are bugged).

If a fg meets a zerg or gets added to then the hib group tends not to come back. Why ? Because we all play this for fun and getting smacked as soon as you set foot in emain by an overwhelming force is not fun.

Maybe that makes me a qq merchant but the way I see it is there are other things or other games I could play instead of running emain just to get ganked. Hibbies are now using a phrase called zerg o'clock, it is that time when we know there will be a large force of albs or mids running around emain. Many peeps I know will not run emain after that time because it is not fun.

Not adding is hard. I tend to see an enemy and automatically go into 'who do I kill' mode. But I am learning. I guess this all boils down to thinking about the future and not hunting your prey to extinction.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Ahh makes me think of the time when i played my thane, someone yelled DO NOT ADD ***, BLOODY NOOB. Later i ran past the same guy playing my shaman, he died. Then he yelled WHY THE **** DIDNT YOU HEAL NOOB.

Just said, well you told me not to add, and with that attitude you can just use the /release.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Get my facts straight? You are saying yourself you grpd now so how wrong am I to say that you did?

And I remember grp with you when I was in WR and Fedaykin so ^^

no m8 i mostly soloed...wud never say i did completely...but in those wr grps and stuff i didnt get many rp's...was mostly keep takes and stuff....i used to solo in odin's and HW mostly with the occasional guild grp which didnt do very well most times so shut up....i think i know how i got rp's on my chars not you. you know fuck all about me so dont try and tell me wot i did and didnt do.

Tirfo

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
How? Randoms don't whine 10% as much on these forums as ppl playing in opted grps.

Mael, 50th ment.

Please explain why you have such a huge problem with opted or rvr grps? you always seem to be sticking your 2 pennies worth in on threads like these but dont ever explain why you yourself have such a chip on your shoulder about them.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Maleg said:
Valg's group wouldn't jump in on an even fight you're already engaged in.
Dumle said:
Wanna bet?
You've taken that statement well out of context. I'll repeat the full paragraph below.
Maleg said:
I don't think people are saying that, from what I've seen this is a FG of Hibs (you'd be lucky if there is more than 1 FG of Hibs in Emain these days) saying thanks for not steamrollering us and giving us a chance to have a fight. Fact is I don't necessarily agree with Valg's language, but how a 'adding' group dieing if you don't add to a fight Valg is already engaged in? Boot on other foot one assumes Valg's group wouldn't jump in on an even fight you're already engaged in.
The end part was slightly retorical and a bit tongue in cheek

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Tirfo said:
Please explain why you have such a huge problem with opted or rvr grps? you always seem to be sticking your 2 pennies worth in on threads like these but dont ever explain why you yourself have such a chip on your shoulder about them.

I don't, I just have a problem with peeps telling others how to play with self-serving rules...especially when they couldn't give two shits about the in-game fun of they people they are lecturing to. You wouldn't listen if randoms whine at you to take keeps in jamtland all night, so why whine at middie randoms to play on your terms?

For the record I don't see current middie overpopulation as anything that won't fix itself, eventual middie gank grps will get bored and move on and the hib/alb randoms will be back out and their gank grps with them. Anyhow NF soon and new scenario inc.

Mael, 50th ment.

Sagano

Fledgling Freddie
ok we will all play like we want then , oops we already did that , oops there is nothing left to fight...

and most comments are totally clueless tbh
i hope the next one that says *i add on everything coz i pay and i play how i want* gets zerged 24/7 , lets see how long it takes before he starts to whine or quits :m00:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
DaggerElivager said:
no m8 i mostly soloed...wud never say i did completely...but in those wr grps and stuff i didnt get many rp's...was mostly keep takes and stuff....i used to solo in odin's and HW mostly with the occasional guild grp which didnt do very well most times so shut up....i think i know how i got rp's on my chars not you. you know fuck all about me so dont try and tell me wot i did and didnt do.
I don't know why you have to call me names but, seriously.. I said that you grpd and you say that you grpd, whats your problem? ^^

Sagano

Fledgling Freddie
thats why we whine we should stop doing it because we screwed everything ?

maybe if some would start caring about others YOU and your *little* grp will move back to emain then ?
or do you want mids to keep adding so all grps start moving to your little precious odins where its still playable for you atm ?
thank god for you NF is comming soon because more and more mids were already moving to odins and not only randoms...

are you into SM maeloch ?
sure looks like it when i read your posts tbh
how can someone bloody want to get zerged 24/7 ?

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I don't know why you have to call me names but, seriously.. I said that you grpd and you say that you grpd, whats your problem? ^^

didnt call you names i said shut up..is a diff m8....im saying i mostly soloed my rp's on my chars (unbuffed as dont own buffbot unless i can leech buffs off friendly people which was often sadly :() you saying i grp'd my rp's to rr5 and im saying i did majority SOLO...that is my problem...you trying to say you know me better than i do.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
DaggerElivager said:
you saying i grp'd my rp's to rr5
I've never said that, can you quote me saying that plz?

I think you need to get your facts straight ><

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I've never said that, can you quote me saying that plz?

I think you need to get your facts straight ><

I played rm same time as he did and I know he didn't. Im not saying it's not possible :>

that is saying i lied about soloing to rr5 meaning i rvr'd...so there i quoted you.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
I don't, I just have a problem with peeps telling others how to play with self-serving rules...especially when they couldn't give two shits about the in-game fun of they people they are lecturing to. You wouldn't listen if randoms whine at you to take keeps in jamtland all night, so why whine at middie randoms to play on your terms?

I think the point 'we' tried to make was that 'play by our self-serving rules' in the long term also benefits themselves.

I dont expect em to listen to me; but dont expect any sympathy when 'they' start to whine 'we need more enemies in Emain'. See Heheyougotboned his thread about advising Albs/Mids to stop playing stealthers and play group-classes instead. I mean WTF how daft can you be; why you think people start playing stealthers? Coz they cant be arsed running to Emain only to get trampled into the ground by 28 enemies each time they dare to make it past Bolg/leaving ATK.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
k this was the sceneario the other nite:

Got a nice group together, decided to go to emain, heard there was 4-5fg's mids fighting 4-5fg's albs fighting at amg, decided to go mmg, ran thru mmg and was surrounded by 2-3fg mids, regrouped ligen decided ro run together with another group (about 20 ppl in bg in total iirc) to amg, had good fight with about 3fg's albs, the minute the last alb died mids attacked and killed us (naturally enough all our ra's, mana was gone), the minute the last hib died another hib group jumped in and killed the mids (obviously they wasted everything fighting us)... is this the way its gonn b then, what next take a ticket and get in line and w8 ur turn for a fight.. like obviuolsy mids/hibs were w8ing for previous fight to end before jumping in... is this not silleh or is it me?

Tirfo

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
k this was the sceneario the other nite:

Got a nice group together, decided to go to emain, heard there was 4-5fg's mids fighting 4-5fg's albs fighting at amg, decided to go mmg, ran thru mmg and was surrounded by 2-3fg mids, regrouped ligen decided ro run together with another group (about 20 ppl in bg in total iirc) to amg, had good fight with about 3fg's albs, the minute the last alb died mids attacked and killed us (naturally enough all our ra's, mana was gone), the minute the last hib died another hib group jumped in and killed the mids (obviously they wasted everything fighting us)... is this the way its gonn b then, what next take a ticket and get in line and w8 ur turn for a fight.. like obviuolsy mids/hibs were w8ing for previous fight to end before jumping in... is this not silleh or is it me?

....or maybe the hibs just werent close enough to the mg to help you out, theres such things as resist breaks people losing stick and ofc the wonderful speedwarps.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
I think the point 'we' tried to make was that 'play by our self-serving rules' in the long term also benefits themselves.

I dont expect em to listen to me; but dont expect any sympathy when 'they' start to whine 'we need more enemies in Emain'. See Heheyougotboned his thread about advising Albs/Mids to stop playing stealthers and play group-classes instead. I mean WTF how daft can you be; why you think people start playing stealthers? Coz they cant be arsed running to Emain only to get trampled into the ground by 28 enemies each time they dare to make it past Bolg/leaving ATK.

Pupp has it spot on. The emphasis is that it might be better to have a situation where there is rvr on this server, rather than 50 mids zerging on everything. In the long run it will just destroy things further if that continues.

No-one is telling people how to play either, play like that if you want of course. Maeloch you should really know better than to come out with such an asinine statement as "we pay to play" when its people trying to be constructive about the situation.

That situation is Prydwen is under represented by 2 realms due to one realm being more rvr populous currently than the others.

Sagano

Fledgling Freddie
ofc waiting in line is stupid but i do it just because i know that in the end people keep comming and you wont have to wait anymore because there will be enough to fight

and thats the bloody thing some of us want to make clear and some people dont want to accept because they cant put their pride/greed aside it seems ...

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
So whats the difference between adding on a fight and waiting for them to spend all their power and RAs/Articharges and whatever and then attacking them the second they stop fighting?

Not much, attacking them in that state is like stealing candy from a sixyearold, its damn near free RPs and you know it. Dont say you are waiting cause you want to give them a fair fight, if that is what you were after you would let them run off and rest for 10 mins or so but I doubt that is what happens.

I do however think that most groups that do wait, wait until their realmmates are dead just to get full RPs for the kills they do get quite easily on a grp that has spent its resources fighting previous group.

So please dont speak about greed, it runs sooooo deep in every player in every realm as soon as they set foot in the frontiers, noone excluded not you and not even me.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Bah. Soon enough NF will go live, and all the little caster alts who've spent the last couple months polishing off their ToA set and completing the last MLs will come out to play. Then the sorc and baseline stun whines begin for real.

If we're lucky, a bunch of the alb and hibs who usually just PvE will have gotten a few realm ranks under their belt, and a taste for more RvR, which will lead to fun for all when 1.72 hits :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom