Midgard under siege 24/7.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Was a fun weekend. Great defence by mids in hanging on to and then finally retaking their keeps (though I still hate that underwater camping of drop off points - seems a little lame :p). From the alb point of view was good to spend the weekend on the offensive looking for a way to make the decisive break through...is it me or did it feel more of a strategic "war" than it ever did in OF? And good that hibs finally had some breathing space in their own frontier. Good stuff all round :D

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
Constant flow of both hibs and albs attacking primary bledmeer and Blendrake since friday night.. we are still holding pretty well even if it's over 250 enemies in our frontier! Not easy to split our forces and defend 2 keeps at the same time...

I salute both albs and hibs for trying.. but I wish we could kick the albs out of nottmoor and invade Albion :>

(Psst listen hibs I will give you a tip.. instead of attacking blendrake go for Beno :> )

HEHheahEHAhaHEhaHEHaHEHahehaHEHahehehAHEhaHEahehaHEhaHEhaehahEHaHEahehAHEahEhaHEHAEhAHEahehaheahehehaehHEAHEhaHEaHehaHEhaHEAHE

i always see funny things in such posts ... >.<

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Up the Villa!

Enjoy the match tomorrow! I'm quite sure I will :D

And yeah, I actually find myself enjoying some keep takes and defending. Like the first big fight at Bledmeer (after NF of course) when mids charged albs back to the tower and killed about everyone. Good stuffs :)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Or maybe Midgard has the bigger population?
Maybe everybody should face the facts.
Regards, Glottis :fluffle:

Wow open beta ruined the stats for the last week before NF imo. If you check the other weeks you see that Albion win in numbers every week
week preceeding 28/10/04:

1k+
1 Excalibur Albion 1,270 38.02%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,129 33.80%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 941 28.17%

week preceeding 21/10/04:

1k+
1 Excalibur Albion 1,271 37.58%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,135 33.56%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 976 28.86%

week leading up to 10/10/2004

N Server Realm Population Percentage Graph
1 Excalibur Albion 1,242 37.69%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,057 32.08%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 996 30.23%

week before 31/08/04

1 Excalibur Albion 1,240 36.42%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,139 33.45%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 1,026 30.13%

17/08/2004

1 Excalibur Albion 1,208 35.47%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,154 33.88%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 1,044 30.65%

2/8/2004.

1k+
1 Excalibur Albion 1,080 36.08%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,030 34.41%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 883 29.50%

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Aloca said:
Wow open beta ruined the stats for the last week before NF imo. If you check the other weeks you see that Albion win in numbers every week

I would say WoW beta affected the DAOC player database with independence than the realm played.

If you want my opinion, we are assisting to the spring of the ppl who rerolled mid in time for NF and moderna sm pl'ers who now have a reason to go rvr.

Laalaa

Fledgling Freddie
Well those web pages that show population, show the active population.

That is entirely different than how much people are online on given time.

Afaik there isnt any gatherer that gets that data.

Sofar hibernias online population has been around 280-300, and gets to 350 at peak times. (1800+ on excalibur on that time so wonder how the remaining 1450 are divided amongs alb/mid). Oh and that population includes levels 1-50.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Laalaa said:
Well those web pages that show population, show the active population.

Would active population not be the only thing relevant?
And besides that, it is well know Albions play several toons, so then we could argue that the numbers are distorted because it also shows pve toons.

And Aloca, as is already pointed out, WoW beta would impact each realm in the same fashion.
Face the facts, and stop sobbing.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
glottis you really are funny, the facts put out in front of you and yet you still say they are wrong. ALBION HAS THE MOST PLAYERS OK? ALBION ALSO HAS THE MOST ACTIVE PLAYERS.

Herjulf

Banned
Glottis said:
And besides that, it is well know Albions play several toons, so then we could argue that the numbers are distorted because it also shows pve toons.

And Aloca, as is already pointed out, WoW beta would impact each realm in the same fashion.
Face the facts, and stop sobbing.

Well about WoW beta depends on how much ppl enjoys daoc also.
Considering Hibernia was under constant siege, from launch more or less then lost str relic.
I for one would have reactivated my planetside account a month, if i got zerged over and over again with 5 times our numbers for days. With lack of strong leaders taking charge.

I can tell you been there a couple of days now, its 2-3 to 1 but still uphill every fight.
We got the leaders but ppl are loosing the will. no fun the zerging. simply providing rps to scouts/sorcs.

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
Raven, Glottis have NEVER understood anything about this game, its just to much alb in him to see things clear, well all knows this is, not anything new.

Laalaa

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
QUOTE]

Um no it isnt. You cant have more people on rvr , than you have people online at given time.

Say, it shows 900 people active in hibernia (from flimgoblins stuffa) giving hibernia 29.35% of active people in rvr, but that doesnt mean hibernia has 900 people online at same time.

When we have 350 outta 1800 it gives just about 20% of population and not all those are rvring. Not are all from albion/midgard but thing is , if you have lot of people online, you have hefty base of people rvring, and also lots of people pveing too.

Hibernia has also lot of alts. And farm anis :D.

So hibs are strugling, and everyday more hibs are leaving. I hardly see light in end of tunnel. (AFter first days of NF , 300 seems to be max people we have online, i remember it being over 500 at spring :/)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Herjulf said:
Well about WoW beta depends on how much ppl enjoys daoc also.
Considering Hibernia was under constant siege, from launch more or less then lost str relic.
I for one would have reactivated my planetside account a month, if i got zerged over and over again with 5 times our numbers for days. With lack of strong leaders taking charge.

I can tell you been there a couple of days now, its 2-3 to 1 but still uphill every fight.
We got the leaders but ppl are loosing the will. no fun the zerging. simply providing rps to scouts/sorcs.

That makes no sense, the figures on that statistics show OF DAOC (15-11-2004 week pre NF release)

Claudius

Fledgling Freddie
Laalaa said:
When we have 350 outta 1800 it gives just about 20% of population and not all those are rvring. Not are all from albion/midgard but thing is , if you have lot of people online, you have hefty base of people rvring, and also lots of people pveing too.

Where do you get the 350 number from ? /who all ?
Where do you get the 1800 number from ? The login screen ?

/who all doesnt take anons into account, so you cant compare the numbers directly. You would really need a /who all from the other realms made at the same time, to be able to compare.

Hibernia is not loosing more players than the other realms. If you look to US servers, you will even see that Hibernia is one of the top realms now. So stop the crap about no light at the end of the tunnel, please. :)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Albion: Active: 8.913 (41.15%)
Midgard: Active: 7.394 (34.14%)
Hibernia: Active: 5.352 (24.71%)

Enough said.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:

hmm, i see what? 5-10% difference in mid-alb rvr active population? :flame:

Urme the Legend said:

Enough said.

Oh yeah, let's count all characters and not the ones making difference in rvr: the ones actually doing rvr?! I only use my armsgimp to pay rent and check ME but guess he makes so much difference in rvr from housing zone?! ;)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
hmm, i see what? 5-10% difference in mid-alb rvr active population? :flame:

Oh yeah, let's count all characters and not the ones making difference in rvr: the ones actually doing rvr?! I only use my armsgimp to pay rent and check ME but guess he makes so much difference in rvr from housing zone?! ;)

And it's only albion that got characters not used in RvR? :p .. I have a SB that I'm only using for tailoring.. a skald that I recently started to craft alchemist with, a RM that I rarely do anything with...

So albion got 41% and midgard 34% ... but midgard still got a bigger RvR population? Who are you kidding...

Claudius

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:

Enough said.

Population - Excalibur, minimum 15k realm points per week

N Server Realm Population Percentage
1 Excalibur Midgard 485 36.71%
2 Excalibur Albion 482 36.49%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 354 26.80%

Enough said.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
I just love retards trying to slag me, and making a complete and utter ass out of themselves in the process.
As I pointed out, Albions have more alts than other realms, so it is vital to look at actively played toons in RVR.
And oh wait, thanks for pulling the latests figures Claudius!

Yet another week Midgard tops the population graphs!!!!
Nerf Midgard and their zergs!!!!
Tarts.
Regards, Glottis :m00:

Lembit

Fledgling Freddie
Everytime you post population stats, god kills a kitten

Please think of the kittens :(

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
I just love retards trying to slag me, and making a complete and utter ass out of themselves in the process.
As I pointed out, Albions have more alts than other realms, so it is vital to look at actively played toons in RVR.
And oh wait, thanks for pulling the latests figures Claudius!

Yet another week Midgard tops the population graphs!!!!
Nerf Midgard and their zergs!!!!
Tarts.
Regards, Glottis :m00:

I've been playing 7 of my chars in rvr since we got NF and I know a lot of my friends have done the exact same thing, so there goes your theory down the drain. The figures you are using shows exactly what? Maybe they show all chars played in rvr, yes, but do they show the amount of ppl? Instead of trying to convince all of us maybe you need to think a bit more for yourself.

Check this one http://daoc-stats.com/realmstats.php?server=Excalibur What do you say about that?

Elewyth

Banned
Phule_Gubben said:
I've been playing 7 of my chars in rvr since we got NF and I know a lot of my friends have done the exact same thing, so there goes your theory down the drain. The figures you are using shows exactly what? Maybe they show all chars played in rvr, yes, but do they show the amount of ppl? Instead of trying to convince all of us maybe you need to think a bit more for yourself.

Check this one http://daoc-stats.com/realmstats.php?server=Excalibur What do you say about that?

lol you pwnd yourself.... :clap:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:

It shows what I say.
Albion has a lot of people with toons that do not RvR.
Explaining why from 214k rp onwards the population numbers are the same for Albion and Midgard.
It also still does not refute the point I make when I say that just logging in your toons does not mean they are active part of the realm vs realm battle.
Which is why I feel that some rp a week is more relevant.
Regards, Glottis

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Claudius said:

Enough said.

And if you count all the albion zerglings that are running 200 peeps and earns 1k rp's / week? How are the results looking then?

Edit:
Population - Excalibur
1 Excalibur Albion 1,414 37.61%
2 Excalibur Midgard 1,275 33.91%
3 Excalibur Hibernia 1,071 28.48%

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom