Midgard GOA Quest : The Ravages of Ignorance Quest

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
GOA has certainly done some research before making this quest. I'm not sure if it has any relevance to us though, don't think GOA would want us to go to that length...

BERKANA: Growth, Goddess.
In each person, the adolescent must die to make way for the adult. Drawing this rune indicates that a rite of passage is at hand. Something within you must be sacrificed to allow the birth or creation of the new. Mysteriously, mourning and joy now coincide. This is the Rune of TRANSITION.

DAGAZ: Daylight, Dawn
Night shifts into day; for a moment, opposites are reconciled, the paradox of spirit and flesh transcended. One liminal instant arises in which, if radical faith and intense willpower are fused, a leap can be taken which will forever alter the Pattern of your life. Be alert; recognize this moment, and seize it. This is the Rune of BREAKTHROUGH.

ALGIZ: Watchfulness, Protection
Alertness, not defensiveness, is the best shelter. Be wary; watch for omens, which are plentiful now. Be fluid; avoid predictability and routine. Like the Elk, watch ceaselessly for rustles in the sedge grass. Danger seldom arrives unheralded. This is the Rune of WATCHFULNESS.

ANSUZ: Signals, Omens
A message is being transmitted to you through omens and natural signs, perhaps through some human channel or oracle. If you're fettered by your unconscious wishes and fears, they may distort that message. This is the Rune of OMENS.

Have you tried saying BerkanaDagazAlgizAnsuz in one word, or each at a time?

katjak

Fledgling Freddie
u rock! :clap:

saying "BerkanaDagazAlgizAnsuz" to the cursed bindstone in Aegir did the trick! - although the bindstone wasnt cured it did get me to step 7

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
katjak said:

saying "BerkanaDagazAlgizAnsuz" to the cursed bindstone in Aegir did the trick! - although the bindstone wasnt cured it did get me to step 7
w00t? i tried that too some days ago.. didnt work.. ill have to try again :cheers:

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
katjak said:

/blush
I just remember someone who cursed the bindstone saying they had to say a long word to it. ;)
And, gah.. I didn't try, since the bindstone wasn't cursed

Tried in Atla now, cause I was logged there trying to find a bindstone that was cursed. It didn't work. Got to Aegir, and the bindstone there was cursed. Saying "BerkanaDagazAlgizAnsuz" worked. I think maybe if the stone isn't cursed when you try, it has to be on a stone that has been cursed before. Not sure though, since I tried on a cursed one. Will try with another char later if the stone in Aegir isn't cursed to see if it works then.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Tried all bindstones in regular midgard and all bindstones in SI ... can't find anyone that is cursed.. so I'm stuck on step6 forever? This is on mid/exc btw.

Sortbane

Fledgling Freddie
we need some kobolds that can curse the bindstones for us, so bring them out from the old cupboard and do the "curse" quest with them :) hmm.. still thinking that there's bound to be somekind of grande majeure happening if all the bindstones are cursed.. :)

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Tried on an uncursed stone in Aegir now, so appears the stone has to be cursed the moment you do it, and not just have been cursed before...

Reward for a lvl 22: About 5 mill exp (2 bubs or so worth) and a book. If used shows you some of the Midgard "history"..

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
I accidently got this and after doing the steps in this thread Ive yet to find a cursed bindstone...dunno if they even exsist any more? And I cant delete the quest either...anyone know if this quest is possible to finish still?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom