Midgard GOA Quest : The Ravages of Ignorance Quest

katjak

Fledgling Freddie
Quest is given by Gjaloin Sagemot in Haggerfel, and seems to be directly linked to the "Midgard GOA Quest : Punishing of the Inferiors"

Does anybody know which "neighboring" village he is refering to?

katjak

Fledgling Freddie
checked the 3 towers in Vale of Mularn and Aegirhamn since the bindstone there was cursed (ok, I know it was a longshot :D )

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Talk to the Troll at the Vasudheim bridge

limbo

Fledgling Freddie
What is the step1 text for the quest?

I lost it *blush*

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
What level is it, is it solo-able, and what do you get at the end?

deaz

Fledgling Freddie
stupid quest

I got problems at step #2. I cant get him to talk with me :/ tryed everyting. Anyone know what to write to that fag0t? ive tryed almost everything >_<

- Deaz

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
I've done some Goa-quests in Albion and Midgard, but what I would like to know is: where can I find a listing of all the Goa-quests? Preferably with the starting NPC's, I can't seem to find them on Allakhazam :(

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I thought those "skalds of midgard" npcs were added for this reason, but I've not seen them being used for goa quests as of yet.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I thought those "skalds of midgard" npcs were added for this reason, but I've not seen them being used for goa quests as of yet.

they tell where to start a GOA quest.

VivaLaDan

Fledgling Freddie
I'm also stuck with Gjaloin where i can't tell him Marmapia's story like the journal tells me. This is 'step 2' btw

KrilleKrokodil

Fledgling Freddie
Hm. I'm also stuck at that step 2,cant get that stupid dwarf in haggerfell to talk to me,tried everything lol

Redrummy

Fledgling Freddie
Im on the kobbie version... anyone know where to get ebony stick? i think the pink horse head is those viking horses by Vasudheim bridge, you have to keep runing back to kill em cause the npc throws you in water.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
KrilleKrokodil said:
Hm. I'm also stuck at that step 2,cant get that stupid dwarf in haggerfell to talk to me,tried everything lol

Same here.

Thrustme

Fledgling Freddie
Redrummy said:
Im on the kobbie version... anyone know where to get ebony stick? i think the pink horse head is those viking horses by Vasudheim bridge, you have to keep runing back to kill em cause the npc throws you in water.
you need a crafter to make the stick(ebonwood staff)

VivaLaDan

Fledgling Freddie
I've submitted the question about being stuck on step 2 to DAoC customer support. Will update this thread assoon as i hear anything.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
There's nothing wrong with that step, you just haven't found the right thing to say.

If you've done any GOA quests before you should realise by now that they're not just "click click kill monster get reward" quests. You need to think about the things you've learned and/or seen and then figure out what you have to tell Gjaloin to make him talk back to you. He's not psychic and won't coax the proper keywords out of you, you have to get there on your own.

What did Gjaloin tell you to do? What did Marmapia tell you? (hint, ask a troll friend to speak to him incase your Troll is rusty). All the information you need is there :) In fact, (one of) the answers has already been mentioned in this very thread :p

Redrummy

Fledgling Freddie
Make sure you spell right =) as the kobbie version of new quest asks for you to say something so can curse the bindstone, because had capitals in could of been I or l =)

Btw since doing the inferior quest for kobbie, can i do the ravages of ignorance quest too on same player?

[GOA]Erivoss

Redrummy said:
Make sure you spell right =) as the kobbie version of new quest asks for you to say something so can curse the bindstone, because had capitals in could of been I or l =)

Btw since doing the inferior quest for kobbie, can i do the ravages of ignorance quest too on same player?

no, you can't do both quests on the same character.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I've tried every single sentence from what Marmapia told me, even typing his whole damn speech, and nothing...

*eats a passing kobold in frustration*

[GOA]Erivoss

Svartmetall said:
I've tried every single sentence from what Marmapia told me, even typing his whole damn speech, and nothing...

*eats a passing kobold in frustration*

ok, you might be taking what I said too literally. Sometimes we indeed hide keywords within sentences and just leave out the square brackets that make them clickable. Other times the keywords won't even be in the text but it will be the logical answer to a query. When you speak to NPCs (especially GOA ones) then you really have to imagine you're speaking to a real person. If they ask a question, type out how you would answer it as if you were talking to a real person.

Also, keywords don't have to be single words - they can be short phrases too. On the other hand, there's a maximum limit on the size of a keyword so it'll never be more than 4 or 5 words. (that's the maximum - not the number of keywords you need to tell Gjaloin for him to speak to you).

Now back to this quest. Gjaloin asks you to investigate the bind stone cursing problems that have been occuring. In your journal it suggest you speak to people who live near cursed bindstones. Marmapia is one of these people. What does he do? What is he having problems with? What are they doing or trying to do? The answer to one of those questions will allow you to continue. Of course instead of eating that passing Kobold, you could have asked him why he was there ;)

Redrummy

Fledgling Freddie
Still, despite difficulties, I really this is an awesome quest made my mythic :p I cant wait for anything connected to the Punish of the inferior quest. A kobold rebelion perhaps? A inter-realm war? I can't wait for the next chapter

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Svartmetall said:
Can confirm that this works.
Actually you only need to say
horse head

have you figured out how to get Svarri's help?

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I talked with Svarri and she needs
a set of runic stones
but got no clue where I can get it...

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:
I talked with Svarri and she needs
a set of runic stones
but got no clue where I can get it...
How did you get her to say what she needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom