Midgard GOA Quest : The Ravages of Ignorance Quest

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:
I just said..

"curse" - and then - "help gjaloin" - and then - "help midgard"

ta
knew the first two, but was stuck on the third... now to find the runic stones..

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
This thing's a bit too damn cryptic if you ask me...she needs a set of runic stones. Something vaguely resembling a clue would be nice; I went to Marmapia and Gjaloin and tried every variant I could think of along the lines of 'Svarri needs stones' or 'get stones', 'find runic' or whatever, but nothing; all Gjaloin does is say 'don't just stand there!' which is about as much use as a soluble condom.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
It might not be Gjaloin or Marmapia that has the runic stones either... I tried to talk with NPC's in Jordheim, Mularn, Vasudheim, Fort Veldon, Audliten.. could probably be somewhere else.. and since it's a level 26 quest I doubt there's any killing involved and I doubt you need any expansions like SI or TOA...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Urme the Legend said:
Noone found the runic stones?

No, there's no clues at all. Maybe it was obvious to whoever wrote this but it's just too cryptic for most of the rest of us.

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
gifv answer to next step... its impossible....:touch:

Sortbane

Fledgling Freddie
Been running around all night trying to figure out where I can get those stones, but have absolutely no idea where to find them.. cant think of any logical conclusion to where they can be.. reminds me of old times playing rpgs and I was the GM, made the players an easy quest but they could just not see the answer that was so obvious for me :)

Sortbane

Fledgling Freddie
ok, been doing some more thinking and research and came up with these two stories on www.camelot-europe.com that might have some clues in it:

Conversation overheard by an eavesdropping and pointed ear

The red, scorching sun reaches for the haven of the calm waters that border Vasudheim. A young kobold, newcomer to the city, lurks about in search of loot. The strong stench of a dwarf pipe draws his attention behind the forge. There, sitting on an old bench, a man and a dwarf are deep in conversation, gazing at the sea. Worming his way through the barrels and fishing nets, the kobold inches closer to eavesdrop on the conversation.

- Gjaloin, my friend, are you not alarmed by these rumors ?

This was the man talking. The kobold finds him looking old and weathered, his eyes still gleaming shrewdly in the setting sun. He is wearing an ancient, tattered armor, worn by time and bearing here and there the discreet alterations of a master blacksmith. The dwarf is at his side, smoking a long pipe, dressed in the large blue robe of the Gothis. Must be important, thinks the kobold, delighted to eavesdrop on such a conversation, when suddenly he starts at the vehement answer of the dwarf.

- First of all, I am not your friend and I must bear with you only because the stupid diplomatic protocols force me to. I'd much rather spend the time with my studies and my lazy students, who are probably shirking the classrooms as we speak. Moreover, when you will be my age, you will find that one must not believe the rumors told by barflies. These are but tales of drunken trolls and lying kobolds. You cannot believe such foolishness ! There is nothing to be alarmed about.

The kobold barely grabs the net he bumped into, holds his breath and finding that he has not been discovered, listens to the rest of the conversation.

- Do not let anger carry you away, brother dwarf, I know that rumors are but a deformed and distorted version of reality. However, we must not brush aside the fact that they might hold some truth, which is exactly what is bothering me.
- I am not your brother either, Adalradr ! A dwarf, a man's brother ! Who has ever heard of such nonsense ! Please do stop taking such liberties with me, they might be useful when you want to convince your fellow men of your silly ideas but do not even think that you will be able to dupe me with your sweet tongue ! I have already seen you rally clans and change the mind of entire armies more than once. I know what a manipulator you are beneath your feigned respectability ! You will not fool me ! I sometimes even doubt you fight for Tyr instead of Loki...

The man seems hurt by the remark and even if his tone remains even, anger can be felt in his answer.

- Enough, Gjaloin ! I am willing to ignore your chronic irascibility once in a while, but this accusation is a real insult to my honor !

The dwarf seems to understand he has been too far and answers in a more moderate manner.

- Very well, I must admit I let myself get carried away. But you must understand, you come here with incredible tales of spies lurking among us, unbeknown to all Jordheim's priest and great warriors. It is very difficult for me to keep an event temper. I am even surprised that you, of all people, could believe such foolishness and come to tell me about it !
- Then I imagine you will not mention any of this during the next council of the Masters of runes ?
- That I cannot do ! I am already the target of many an insult because I sometimes have better things to do than to listen to their insipid discussions. Imagine if I came to them like an old fool scared by silly tales ! It is out of the question ! You hear me ?

The man sighs and shrugs.

- So be it. I shall therefore try to find others more modest but also more concerned...

As the old warrior stands to leave, the dwarf answers, pointing at him with his pipe.

- Oh and don't you try to make me feel guilt ! I know your tricks ; they do not work with me !

With this last answer, the dwarf stares at the setting sun and resumes smoking his pipe, his brow furrowed, deep in thought. The man leaves for town, an enigmatic smile on his lips. To the kobold's great surprise, he winks at him as he passes by his hiding place.

and then the newest one on midgard :

A night on Midgard

Beneath the cauldron the fire was slowly going out. The thick bubbles had ceased to pierce the surface, and already the blood was coagulating over the bones carefully placed for the divination spells. The old kobold shivered while he regained consciousness, and he quickly jumped from his stool, rushing to prepare his bundle. The shamans eyes shone brightly with this common glint among the blue-skins : that of greed.

The dwarf took another breath and closing his eyes he threw once more his set of runic stones. The same pattern repeated itself, yet again Odin's will remained clouded. How could there be a knowledge superior to that of the runes ? Where there some other runes, forgotten even by the gods themselves ? The priest shook his head, as such a thing was inconceivable. Carefully, he placed the stones back into their bag. He was going to have to seek counsel, and he could think of only one person who would be able to give it. Quickly putting on his cloak, the dwarf seized his walking stick and disappeared into the night, forgetting to close the door in his hurry.

The whole clan had gathered together in the large common room to celebrate Thor, in honour of their leader, returned once again victorious and laden with presents. The feast was at its highest with everyone sharing the blood and flesh of the sacrificed animal, each one declaiming more laudatory and foolhardy skoals than the other. Inebriated and excited, a young Thane pronounced the following vow :- "I swear before Thor, before my ancestors, before this assembly that I will travel the world to cover myself in gold and glory ! And if there are no more challenges to take up in these lands, I will find others elsewhere !"

Outside thunder rumbled and the rain whipped relentlessly the roof of the house, but this night nothing could have woken up the slumbering Shadowblade, usually so prompt to react at the slightest sound. A blissful smile illuminated his scar covered face, and he mumbled in his sleep while his hands clumsily reached out into the night as if to seize invisible riches : "Loki, old goat, show me the way."

Alert in the darkness, listening to the sounds of sleeping around him, the Valkyn watched. The pack came before his own fatigue, but his body claimed rest, aching from the latest hunt. Fighting sleep, his spirit found refuge in the Unity. The presence of those who were and those who would be the pack comforted him and brought him the necessary strength for his watch. What hunts to come, what preys for Kelgor ! The huge creatures with terrible horns, the beings clothed in metal and the wood that walked ! The chasing and calls of the pack, through the snowy expanses, the green plains, the tormented mountains. And that shoal of fish underwater. The Valkyn jumped up growling, lips pulled back. Water ? Bah !

The dead were walking, hunting for the warmth of life, heading without hesitations to the hiding place of the last survivor. Sitting among the bodies of her enemies, the troll waited for her servants to return, once their task completed. The Ancient Trolls' magic was strong, raw, and overtook her sometimes, like at this very moment. So muck knowledge, so much understanding while they were the masters of Aegir... Standing up heavily while the dead returned, weapons shining with fresh blood, an amused rictus covered her face. Such pitiful enemies would not know how to seize such secrets, for even if they found the way to the island, the Morvalt would make short work of them.

The more interesting part is bold.. anyone that can get some facts out of this for the quest? :) and how many bindstones have been cursed so far on excal?

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:
ok I found the stones!! :))

A merchant in JH are selling them for 1c
i knew it was found in JH... but cant find wich one... if been at most merchants...

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:
ok I found the stones!! :))

A merchant in JH are selling them for 1c
i knew it was found in
JH...
but cant find wich one... if been at most
merchants...

Dr.Frau

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm

ive talked and looked at everymerchant in jordheim but didnt find any stones eather im blin(i prolly am) or he isnt there so whats his name or where he at?

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Not that easy to spot:

At the vaultkeeper, go up the stairs and check the opposite direction from the stairs.. one of the sides there is a merchant. He is selling other cool stuff to :)

But got no clue what to do next :mad:

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:
Not that easy to spot:

At the vaultkeeper, go up the stairs and check the opposite direction from the stairs.. one of the sides there is a merchant. He is selling other cool stuff to :)

But got no clue what to do next :mad:
ive tried everything:

quest.jpg

Dr.Frau

Fledgling Freddie
hmm im on step 6 and i guess it has something to do with the bindstone in aegirhamn or to find the stone of heart mautite but im not sure what to do have tried alot of diferent tings but will keep on looking for more weird stones.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Urme the Legend said:
anyone figured out step 6?
Don't remember what step 6 is, but when I finally had time to get the stones etc, I couldn't find a cursed bindstone.. LOL... They've been annoying for ages, and when you need one, there isn't one available.. LOL

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
Don't remember what step 6 is, but when I finally had time to get the stones etc, I couldn't find a cursed bindstone.. LOL... They've been annoying for ages, and when you need one, there isn't one available.. LOL

Yeah that is step 6 :D

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Then, no. I don't know how to do step 6, as I couldn't find any cursed bind stones.

But...
Did you remember to write down what she said was marked on the stones?"

katjak

Fledgling Freddie
tried to

/use the enchanted runic stones

and say

in different permutations, but without luck...

KrilleKrokodil

Fledgling Freddie
katjak said:
tried to

/use the enchanted runic stones

and say

in different permutations, but without luck...

Tried that too at the cursed bindstone in Aegir,with no luck,the enchanted runic stones couldnt be used it said,and i also tried to say taht about Berkana,Dagaz,Algiz & Ansuz,but absolutly nothing happened.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom