Mid -> Alb Relic take (31st jan) thread

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
A splendid job,

knowing that Mids were gathering forces at Bold 4 from 4 o'clock in the afternoon....
Knowing that a lot off ppl were informed on the fact that Mids were up to something (i personally informed /as , talked to a couple of Gm's from other alliances and asked if they could get some ppl to set up defence in Boldiam cause there was something verry suspicious going on at Bold) and all chose to ignore this information, i have to say.. a splendid job from mids.

Everytime i passed Boldiam tower.. and i changed my camera vieuw to look at the tower, my Framerate went flat... there was only one possible reason for it, TONS of mids there.

My last passage along the tower was at the start off it all.. i saw the zerg departing from the tower... immediatly spammed /As ... and in the following 10 minutes not one person reacted...

The thing i want to add is this:
The speed by wich mids went was SUPERB, no tarrying, no laming, immediatly i saw troops heading to the flanks off the keep to guard the secondairy entrance.. the main zerg immediatly went for the main gate... i tried to get the ram down, but all was invaine, the speed by which the first gate dropped was extrordenairy... and one reason for that was that the gate wasn't fully repaired to start with.. (error from albs)

it was frustrating to see that none reacted and the few ppl that came to the spot when they started on the second door had no chance off countering things.

So albs have absolutely NO excuse for failing in defending, they chose to ignore it. The consequences are there.

Again gratz to the Mid leader who did a splendid job in organizing and planning this thing.

Also thanks to Phos who , yet again, took control off the retake and made sure things ran a bit more organized.

it has been proven, with a bit off research and planning, prime-time or not.... central relics (those in keeps) can be regained by all three realms if they work on it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Colenzo said:
A normal /who on hib shows max 300 ppl in primetime, and thats not 50's :)

must be a lot of anon people - or hibs just play 24/7 :)

hmm interesting:

Characters 10,916 (44%) 6,162 (25%) 7,714 (31%)
Active Characters 4,725 (46%) 2,499 (24%) 3,095 (30%)

Alb has a higher percentage of active chars than it does overall - so either a lot of mids/hibs inactive or albs are very active (fotm rerollers perhaps?)

Now this is characters so if one realm is more alt-ish than another it will skew things - doubt that's the case though.

According to these stats: if alb has 580 on, hibs should have 302 and mids 378.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Eggy was leading a raid. Being a leader (or wanting to be one) gives you certain responsibilities, whether you like them or not.
In this case he should have lead the 100 people on the ml4 raid to come defend.
Simple.
Although those Albs that stayed also suck donkey balls.

...they say jump and you say "how high?"

BS! With 500 people online, there was more than enough "responsibilities" to go and defend the relic if people wanted. People having other priorities than you doesn´t give you any right to judge those people. Pay for their subs, then tell them what to do ingame, otherwise stfu.

And just for the records: no, I wasn´t on the ml4 raid, I was out there, defending the relic.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
...they say jump and you say "how high?"

BS! With 500 people online, there was more than enough "responsibilities" to go and defend the relic if people wanted. People having other priorities than you doesn´t give you any right to judge those people. Pay for their subs, then tell them what to do ingame, otherwise stfu.

And just for the records: no, I wasn´t on the ml4 raid, I was out there, defending the relic.

thor, every time again is see that same line...

ppl pay for their subs to do what they want....

you have a point there...

but

you pay and enter a community where there are about 500+ ppl that ALL pay for their subs ..
if you always do what YOU want in a community, then the community has absolutely NO use for you and you are an egotistical basterd.
It is a community which normally has the same purpose.. to fight the war versus Midgard and hibernia. That is what ppl pay for.
The proces off evolving in PVE is an add to the RVR part off the game.
And true, ppl, have the right to ignore a Relic alert. But then none should whine about the fact that they lost something.

ps: that mentality was one off the reasons why i dropped out off rvr in OF with my main also. The basic off just farming rp's, not giving notice to the spirit off the game made me leave and become a full-time pve player and also ignore that fact.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
/who showed 580 albs

103 on ml4
108 in pennines

why not go blame the other 369 albs?

End of the day, who are you to tell people how they should play the game? If people wanted to go on ml4 isnt that their choice? so kindly fuck off and get a life?

Wth, why do you lie mate? Aren't albs supoosed to have around 1000-1500 people online? At least according to hibs and mids ;)

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Wth, why do you lie mate? Aren't albs supoosed to have around 1000-1500 people online? At least according to hibs and mids ;)

They rest are /anon of course! ;) They're all lvl 1-2 and is exping outside Camleot :)

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Lootie said:
Eggy was leading a raid. Being a leader (or wanting to be one) gives you certain responsibilities, whether you like them or not.
Simple.

LOL...have you ever had a clue?.......ever?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
if you always do what YOU want in a community, then the community has absolutely NO use for you and you are an egotistical basterd.

Being part of a community doesn´t mean you always need to contribute to the community. People are supporting the community in many aspects. Getting a higher ml level for 100+ people is one of them. You can´t reduce the community aspect to just RvR and relic raids. I think it´s safe to say that I´ve contributed quite a lot to this community during my 3 years of DAoC. And yes, I claim the right to occasionally do what I want ingame and with my playtime without the feeling of cheating "my community".

It is a community which normally has the same purpose.. to fight the war versus Midgard and hibernia. That is what ppl pay for.

No, that´s just one part of it. It´s also a community´s purpose to level guildie alts, to increase crafting skill, to farm artifacts, to run ml raids, to go whine and discuss on FH boards. Some people may just pay their subs for the RvR war against Hib/Mid. But there´s a HUGE number of people who´re having other priorities.

The proces off evolving in PVE is an add to the RVR part off the game.

Says who?
A guildmate of mine has 12 or 14 lvl 50ies and is a LGM crafter in all crafts. He has accumulated the amazing ammount of about 50k rp´s amongst all his chars. He´s been supporting the realm FAR MORE with his crafting and bringing money into the guild and sorting guildstuff than the odd Infi who´s standing at Beno bridge, waiting for other stealthers to come by and jump them.
RvR is one aspect of the game and there are many different approaches to this aspect. If you just see this entire game as a huge "level to 50, then go out and kill" scenario, then you´re too narrowminded.

And true, ppl, have the right to ignore a Relic alert. But then none should whine about the fact that they lost something.

As you might notice, the whine is coming from the ones who´re blaming the "ignorant" people. Least that´s what I was refering to.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Being part of a community doesn´t mean you always need to contribute to the community. People are supporting the community in many aspects. Getting a higher ml level for 100+ people is one of them. You can´t reduce the community aspect to just RvR and relic raids. I think it´s safe to say that I´ve contributed quite a lot to this community during my 3 years of DAoC. And yes, I claim the right to occasionally do what I want ingame and with my playtime without the feeling of cheating "my community".

No, that´s just one part of it. It´s also a community´s purpose to level guildie alts, to increase crafting skill, to farm artifacts, to run ml raids, to go whine and discuss on FH boards. Some people may just pay their subs for the RvR war against Hib/Mid. But there´s a HUGE number of people who´re having other priorities.

Says who?
A guildmate of mine has 12 or 14 lvl 50ies and is a LGM crafter in all crafts. He has accumulated the amazing ammount of about 50k rp´s amongst all his chars. He´s been supporting the realm FAR MORE with his crafting and bringing money into the guild and sorting guildstuff than the odd Infi who´s standing at Beno bridge, waiting for other stealthers to come by and jump them.
RvR is one aspect of the game and there are many different approaches to this aspect. If you just see this entire game as a huge "level to 50, then go but and kill" scenario, then you´re too narrowminded.

As you might notice, the whine is coming from the ones who´re blaming the "ignorant" people. Least that´s what I was refering to.

about that nr of lvl 50's, i understand that there are a lot off gamers out there, that don't play rvr in any way. or they just go there to get some lower realm rank to gain some minor benefits off the rvr system in pve. (like MCL etc) THey have their reasons,

And it is, indeed, logical, if you look at the Roleplay concept off the game that Not all players are warriors willing to die for their realm. The working -class as we can call em :)

and true, there will always be ppl whining about things where they don't contribute themselves. An easy way out is to blame someone else.. as always :)

so , it is true, none should whine about others, as long as all is done fair and honest, none should whine. But still, as you pointed it out... that mate off yours who's a pro-pve'er does contribute a whole shitload more to the rvr concept then we notice. he makes sure his warriors are suited to fight. So in a roleplay way he's the leader of the guild and supplier of his army.

there are moments in and out of thise game ppl need time for themselves... that is a fact. Just normal. And if that timing seems bad ( like last night with the rr) we should be able to say...'shit happens' ... but you can't put aside that a lot off ppl will be frustrated and have a hard time to deal with a Loss that could have been prevented ...maybee.

ps: if you read my first thread , you'll see that i tried to prevent it.; even a long time before things even happened..and yes i was ..not really angry, but frustrated to see what was happening..standing there, helplessly, looking at the raid... it was indeed not a pleasant experience. Also base upôn the fact that a couple off days ago when mids tried the same thing, A relic alert was called and the reaction off albion was Superb, they annihalated the enemy within minuts...
This is just a whole difference... one day you have all...; another day you have nothing..

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
LOL...have you ever had a clue?.......ever?

those raids are needed... it was just a good moment for a minority to go for the gold. And it is logical that ppl on such a raid, which takes several hours, will not immediatly react and leave that when they know that they will have to , yet again, restart that raid again, so that the first hours of their raid would have been invain. ppl have a shitload more to do then spend over 50 hours of game time trying to get to ML 10.

But still that won't take away ppl's frustrations about losing something :)
We're all humans, and losing isn't always funny, nor is it taken lightly.

to put it short , SHIT HAPPENS

ps, should have been quoting the person you quoted elb, no offence

you know what the utmost and exellent way off showing our superiority would be?

Go for the relics in other realms and conquer ALL in one raid.

That would indeed be a huge challenge.. but that would prove we are the true rulers of this universe :)

FOR ALBION :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
And it is logical that ppl on such a raid, which takes several hours, will not immediatly react and leave that when they know that they will have to , yet again, restart that raid again, so that the first hours of their raid would have been invain.

Raid only took 1hr20 in total, people didn't wanna leave, I get flamed.

Rock on :p

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Congratulations to mids - a little thought and you finally exploited your strength and our weakness.

Your strength - planning and organisation. It may not always work, and its taken 3 or 4 shots but this time it went well. There is nothing to whine about on this raid - textbook.

Our weakness - complacency, and more specifically the 'ah well - someone else will do it' attitude. Too many people on ML4 figuring 'ah theres plenty of Albs - the rest of them will defend.'

And I didn't even make it to Bold - got stuck at eras with opportunistic hibs. 6 trebs and a catapult required a response - think at one point it was me and Jimmi on palintones/balistae. One got knocked out - another went up.

Marc

FH is my second home
Lootie said:
Simple.

lol err ok

Eggy told bg they could go and defend. No one left, which meant they wanted to do ml4. Soooo if Eggy had said "lets go defend" im guessing there would be uproar and people would have stayed to do ml4 regardless.

As for staying, why do I suck donkey balls?. I do what I want, when I want and im not about to start changing my play time for some anonymous nerd on FH.

Lootie

Fledgling Freddie
I don't need a clue.
104 Albs on Eggy raid would have ganked the Mids silly due to having one leader.
Would have been better than the 70 Albs already there all probably solo and doing their own thing.
Then again, if there where 350 Albs online, only those 70 who came to defend do not suck donkey balls.
Has nothing to do with deciding how you should play a game, but relics are in your own self interest. If you look at the Alb frontier CG, it is the same few people giving info, and the same people leeching info from it. It is the same people defending a tower/keep and the same few people repairing a tower/keep each time. It is the same few people bringing wood to the repairer each time.
The rest of Albion are just leeches, and ruin it for the rest of the community.
And sadly enough, that makes up for about 90% of Albion.

Marc

FH is my second home
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Too many people on ML4 figuring 'ah theres plenty of Albs - the rest of them will defend.'

That was me!!!!!!

Marc

FH is my second home
Lootie said:
I don't need a clue.
104 Albs on Eggy raid would have ganked the Mids silly due to having one leader.
Would have been better than the 70 Albs already there all probably solo and doing their own thing.
Then again, if there where 350 Albs online, only those 70 who came to defend do not suck donkey balls.
Has nothing to do with deciding how you should play a game, but relics are in your own self interest. If you look at the Alb frontier CG, it is the same few people giving info, and the same people leeching info from it. It is the same people defending a tower/keep and the same few people repairing a tower/keep each time. It is the same few people bringing wood to the repairer each time.
The rest of Albion are just leeches, and ruin it for the rest of the community.
And sadly enough, that makes up for about 90% of Albion.

rofl post of the day, fck it, week. Who are your chars in game so everytime i see you i can spam laugh at you?

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

no offence intended, but your raid are indeed held in over-drive :)
for a new person who has to experience it for the first time it isn't always pleasant, cause most thing happened without them knowing... but hey...you get some, you lose some, results are there, they are ml4.

and indeed, not wanting to leave is logical... it was something they got ridd off..no more ml 4

can't blame no one really , and indeed it is logical, i said it myselfe... that that raid was a possible reason for albs not defending.. (just first reaction off ppl really)...
Ppl go: where are those albs?
/who stygia... omfg.. albion is running in the desert, and no one reacts... aaargh, pisses me off.

but now ...after having a good sleep over it....

if you look at the number off ppl that left the raid.. suicided.. and ran towards the relic keep... i personally think that not a lot would have changed...
we tried to anticipate on the loss ... tried to find a way off intercepting..we failed...

The mids just crashed in way to fast to have been able to counter the taking.... not the intercepting.

this forum is just a vast source off info for all.... call it the CIA off DAOC... good intentions from ppl are exploitable, like your raid announcement.

but then.... first reaction off ppl always will be (i did i myslefe, so not beeing hypocrite here) look for a scapegoat..... and a bit off sleep makes all look a lot clearer.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

BTW....

i seem to recall one line... in the Bg..

"eggy promised that we would get the relics back and he will organize it"

was i hearing voices???

or..... or.....

muahahhahaah :)

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
for a new person who has to experience it for the first time it isn't always pleasant, cause most thing happened without them knowing... but hey...you get some, you lose some, results are there, they are ml4.

and indeed, not wanting to leave is logical... it was something they got ridd off..no more ml 4

can't blame no one really , and indeed it is logical, i said it myselfe... that that raid was a possible reason for albs not defending.. (just first reaction off ppl really)...
Ppl go: where are those albs?
/who stygia... omfg.. albion is running in the desert, and no one reacts... aaargh, pisses me off.

but now ...after having a good sleep over it....

if you look at the number off ppl that left the raid.. suicided.. and ran towards the relic keep... i personally think that not a lot would have changed...
we tried to anticipate on the loss ... tried to find a way off intercepting..we failed...

The mids just crashed in way to fast to have been able to counter the taking.... not the intercepting.

this forum is just a vast source off info for all.... call it the CIA off DAOC... good intentions from ppl are exploitable, like your raid announcement.

but then.... first reaction off ppl always will be (i did i myslefe, so not beeing hypocrite here) look for a scapegoat..... and a bit off sleep makes all look a lot clearer.

It could have been stopped - 100 albs moving from, say eras, plus those who had tried and failed to get in hitting the mids in the ass would certainly have slowed em down. And thats what would have thwarted this raid - time. Could have gone back and contu=inued ML4 later/another day.

Ah well - least we get to go flatten bled/nott again :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:

We're going offtopic here but...that's the point of my raids. I couldn't give a shit if you don't get full roleplaying experience. Some of us have done ML raids 4 or 5 times over. Besides, whatever level the mob, it'll still die in 3 seconds with 115 people bashing it with sticks.

ML5 and 6 on Sat, 7 and 8 on Sun - go for the relics hibs/mids, I won't be stopping my raids.

Laalaa

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
must be a lot of anon people - or hibs just play 24/7 :)

hmm interesting:

Characters 10,916 (44%) 6,162 (25%) 7,714 (31%)
Active Characters 4,725 (46%) 2,499 (24%) 3,095 (30%)

Alb has a higher percentage of active chars than it does overall - so either a lot of mids/hibs inactive or albs are very active (fotm rerollers perhaps?)

Now this is characters so if one realm is more alt-ish than another it will skew things - doubt that's the case though.

According to these stats: if alb has 580 on, hibs should have 302 and mids 378.

For last 1 month now, everytime i have done /who in hibernia prime time, its been around 300, highest ever was 320. And thats all players, normally around 100-150 lv50s

We do have underpop status, and really fast level too, if our numbers would be closer to mids/albs, dont you think our camp bonuses & free level would be close to albs/mids then ? like 4 or 5 days of free level not 2 days?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Dont forget that about 23.5% of Albs are still working out how to open the door at CS.

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Haha! let the alb civilwar break loose on FH :clap: Lootie is sure as hell doing good ^^

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
grts mids, now get the power one aswell :D

RR threads (or well, just FH/irc but RR threads are 'intense') are a huge display of different perspectives and 'game moral values'. Full filled with hypocresy and 'l33t' attitude at its best. Reading multiple ppl's posts u can often 'see' tru them and 'understand' their mechanics, spot their thoughts. Makes one sad to see so many pathetic individuals, and even worse, makes one sad to realize someone u may have respected/appreaciated would be better off outside getting a life. PLEASE god make the RRs stop, i can take it no more :mad:

Complex

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
Gratz to mids, well done, VERY well done, primetime, fast, smooth, nice raid :clap:

Hibs can now learn from Hib/Pryd AND Mid/Excal :eek:

Albs can learn from it too, you don't need a force of 100 when you hunt grey cons in your homeland. :kissit:

Marc

FH is my second home
lofff said:
and even worse, makes one sad to realize someone u may have respected/appreaciated would be better off outside getting a life.

hi Garba

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom