METAL fans..

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
was too late to add to the A7X thing,,,,but in all honesty i wouldnt really class them as metal...others might but i really dont...i would say they are more the modern "hardcore" type stuff...but its an insult to hardcore really..madball is hardcore...a modern band that really keeps the hardcore element is hatebreed...i like hatebreed...but A7X suck....cos i see them more as "heavy emo"..lol...each to their own tho....i just fuckin dislike them

Bush

Fledgling Freddie
favourite band/artis is:

Yngwie malmsteen
vinnie moore
tony macalpine

Symphony X
Savagate
Jag Panzer
Fear Factory
arena
ac/dc
metallica
ark
pantera

and sountrack to need for speed 1, 2 ,3 kickss ass to (the rock / metal tracks)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
was too late to add to the A7X thing,,,,but in all honesty i wouldnt really class them as metal...others might but i really dont...i would say they are more the modern "hardcore" type stuff...but its an insult to hardcore really..madball is hardcore...a modern band that really keeps the hardcore element is hatebreed...i like hatebreed...but A7X suck....cos i see them more as "heavy emo"..lol...each to their own tho....i just fuckin dislike them

See, this is what pisses me off. You quote no reason for disliking them other than the fact that you can't class them as a sub-genre within the imagined "metal hierarchy"?

Now, I may be wrong of course, but have you actually listened to them at all? They are fucking heavy metal, and anyone that says they're not either has their head stuck up their arse because they're so busy trying to sub-categorise bands, or is deaf. If you don't like the music for whatever reason (for example I don't like Cradle because I think they sound great until Dani Filth opens his mouth) then thats fine, but don't say its not something that it is because you personally do not like it.

MaCaBr3

Banned
On a Metal note.

Machine Head - Davidian > allot

Also found some awesome music clips on youtube, but can't post them from work.

But look for Morbid Angel - Rapture on youtube

Good old Headbanger's Ball time.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Naetha said:
See, this is what pisses me off. You quote no reason for disliking them other than the fact that you can't class them as a sub-genre within the imagined "metal hierarchy"?

Now, I may be wrong of course, but have you actually listened to them at all? They are fucking heavy metal, and anyone that says they're not either has their head stuck up their arse because they're so busy trying to sub-categorise bands, or is deaf. If you don't like the music for whatever reason (for example I don't like Cradle because I think they sound great until Dani Filth opens his mouth) then thats fine, but don't say its not something that it is because you personally do not like it.
i have listened to them and tbh unholy confessions is the best song they have done imo but even that is nothing special an plus the up his own ass twat guitarist...synster gates "im synster gates and i fucking rock"...now...if it was coming from a truly fuckin amazing guitar player then fair enough....for example...put him up against the great dimebag fuckin darrel (R.I.P) an he would get his ass handed to him (i could go on and on about better guitarist but i will refrain) yet dime was one of the most down to earth people an wasnt wedged in his own rear oraphis. ego's that outweight skill piss me off for starters an as far as im concerned they are just ya run of the mill band of that scene an by fuck do i find the whining vocals annoying.
ofc this is all my opinion but maybe i made my stance on the matter a lil more clear? :)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
i have listened to them and tbh unholy confessions is the best song they have done imo but even that is nothing special an plus the up his own ass twat guitarist...synster gates "im synster gates and i fucking rock"...now...if it was coming from a truly fuckin amazing guitar player then fair enough....for example...put him up against the great dimebag fuckin darrel (R.I.P) an he would get his ass handed to him (i could go on and on about better guitarist but i will refrain) yet dime was one of the most down to earth people an wasnt wedged in his own rear oraphis. ego's that outweight skill piss me off for starters an as far as im concerned they are just ya run of the mill band of that scene an by fuck do i find the whining vocals annoying.
ofc this is all my opinion but maybe i made my stance on the matter a lil more clear? :)

See, I just listen to the music - don't give a shit about egos and all that bollocks, thats part of the image, not the music. Going by that criteria, bands like Guns n Roses, Kiss, Faith no More and Kid Rock would all be classed as shit, and no matter what your opinion on the music itself, they're not shit ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Here's my guilty pleasure: Final Countdown

lol

Irinnis

Fledgling Freddie
If you actually had an inbiased opinion you'd see that synister gates isn't up his own ass and he's a very skillful guitarist :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Irinnis said:
If you actually had an inbiased opinion you'd see that synister gates isn't up his own ass and he's a very skillful guitarist :p

Well...judging by this, he really isn't anything special, to be honest. Paul Gilbert does the sort of thing he's trying to do in that solo so much better.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I wear blue jeans (since all my black ones went poof randomly) and band t-shirts... I listen to 'Happy Hardcore' and norwegian/finnish metal (No, not HIM) - I open doors for people, say thank you and smile... I can sit down and listen to Reggae and enjoy it, I can listen to Indie/certain hiphop (Like... 2 songs oO) AND appricate classical music.

I went to school which was 95% chavs, me and my friend Violet; and 4.9% 'somewhere between chav and emo' - I go to college which is 45% chav, 45% emo... Once again I'm in that minority who can see past how "Omgwtf my chemical romance are metal innitsz!" (Yes, people say that - No, I don't) and "omg grungers suxx!"

I've got friends who are Chavs, friends who are Emo (Pure bullshit, they're too afraid to stop being a chav (partially) and too afraid to do/listen to heaveir music) friends who are 'Goths' and friends who are 'normal' -

YET, the people who are (stereotype etc) 'Goth' I find to be generally nicer, alot more fun to be with and generally chill out more, where as people who listen to Rap/RNB(Not Rhythm and Blues) (in my college) are the most self-centered pain in the ass retards who walk the earth... Yet I get slated for listening to things like: (The list)

- Slayer
- Nine Inch Nails
- Anabolic Frolic
- Vivaldi
- Wumpsuct
- Velvet Anti Christ
- Metallica
- Megadeth
- Arch Enemy
- Cradle of Filth
- Dimmu Borgir
- Rob Zombie
- Kittie
- Angra
- Sentanced
- System of A Down
- Pantera
- AC/DC
- Apoptygma Berzerk
- Apoctilyptica
- etc (All currently bands I've listened to in the last 2 days)

What people don't seem to realise is that without each type of music, all this new crap wouldn't be out now.. There'd be no real screamcore/rap etc... The whole 'omg u grunga' argument (IRL crap) is pure bullshit and people need to get a life.

Lucky for me I wasn't born in the Emo stage, I missed it by 2 years... People call me a metaller/grunger or what ever... I'm happy about it. Would rather be that than emo/chav.

(English terminology btw)

Okay, not sure why I posted this... But I feel like I'll carry it on somewhere else...

Uhmm yeah...

xox.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Now if we talk about guitarists I must add Iced Earth and Deamons & Wizards, Jon Schaffer is one of the most brilliant guitarists on this friggen planet.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Metallers argueing amongst themselves is self defeating. We should all celebrate the huge range of rock and metal bands available to us nowadays and stop being arrogant pricks denying all metal that is not the bands they like. Not so long ago metal was dying and if not for a small number of die hard fans would have virtually ceased to exist, does anyone really want to see all of these hugely successful and influencial bands dissapear and with them the many many fans they've brought into the metal culture? If you do your very short sighted and clearly a fool.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Cemeterygates said:
now this guy is awesome...makes that a7x gimp look totaly retarded.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8aVlLguYkIY
Cooley's pretty good, although I've never yet seen him do anything that's uniquely his own thing - he's basically recycling Gilbert, Malmsteen and Kotzen licks at high speed. He has good technique, although still a few botched bits here and there if you listen closely. Watch some of the the Outworld live footage and he's using an 8-string guitar, which is good to see (although I had one of those back in 1990 :p), but all he's really doing is playing the same standard arpeggio/tapping shred licks across 8 strings instead of 7. Would have been nice to see someone really explore the chordal possibilities of an 8-string instrument.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Case said:
Metallers argueing amongst themselves is self defeating. We should all celebrate the huge range of rock and metal bands available to us nowadays and stop being arrogant pricks denying all metal that is not the bands they like. Not so long ago metal was dying and if not for a small number of die hard fans would have virtually ceased to exist, does anyone really want to see all of these hugely successful and influencial bands dissapear and with them the many many fans they've brought into the metal culture? If you do your very short sighted and clearly a fool.
Absolutely. Although, metal is cyclical - it has its ups and downs, but it's always there. Other forms of trendiness come and go, but metal - in all its varied forms - always endures.

Someone make one of these icons with the flag saying METAL, please :D

:england:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
into post-hardcore stuff like funeral for a friend and atreyu. Also love Story of the Year, Every Time I Die etc. Having said that, cant beat a bit of Dragonforce air guitar at parties, or Avenged Sevenfold.

Finntroll is always good for a laugh though :)

trollhammeren!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom