METAL fans..

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
this is kinda useless and im drunk so please forgive me but basically i wanna get an idea of metallers on FH...are u a powermetal man??...thrash,death,progressive etc.....just interested to know an discuss it cos i'm so passionate about music...especially metal.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I have no clue which subgenre the metal I listen to goes into :x

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
i am one of these people you speak off , was at Graspop 2006 in Belguim , i like m00sic

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I like metal but don't put myself in any sub-genre cos I like so many different bands / songs.

From Gary Moore, to Guns n Roses, to Metallica, to Sepultura, and System of a Down, to Rammstein. And everything in between. Apart from speed thrash like Slayer (who are all a bunch of Nazis anyway).

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I think FH needs a breathalizer every time you log in :(

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I like pretty much all types of metal, particularly death metal/black metal...

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Lamp said:
I like metal but don't put myself in any sub-genre cos I like so many different bands / songs.

From Gary Moore, to Guns n Roses, to Metallica, to Sepultura, and System of a Down, to Rammstein. And everything in between. Apart from speed thrash like Slayer (who are all a bunch of Nazis anyway).

its fun how you say you dont like trash metal, yet you like sepultura and metallica. but i understand what you mean, just weird terminology.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
fl3a said:
its fun how you say you dont like trash metal, yet you like sepultura and metallica. but i understand what you mean, just weird terminology.

Hehe

I mean what's the difference between black metal and death metal ?

Whats the difference between Grindcore and Heavy thrash ?

Whats the difference between industrial metal and alternative metal ?

LOL

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Machinae Supremacy is a metal band from Luleå, Sweden. They achieve a unique style through use of a special synthesizer called a Sidstation, which incorporates the sound chip of the Commodore 64 home computer. The retro-electronic sound is blended with a traditional metal sound to produce a special kind of "SID-metal" (SID - Sound Interface Device). > *

:D

I'm like every other teenager, I change my mind on what I like twice every week. I listen to most stuff within metal. A couple of years ago it was alot of Death/Black metal, then power metal and later on alternative. As it is now I've been listening to Machinae Supremacy and W.A.S.P alone for a month or two. Can't get enough of it. SID-metal and well, not sure what to call W.A.S.P, but I'll go with heavy metal. ;)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
My favourite metal bands are in no particular order:

Slayer, Metallica, Panthera, Sepultura, Guns n Roses, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Entombed

I also have one or two CDs with some artists that i've "sampled" and i think are kind of okay... like King Diamond, Black Sabbath, Clawfinger, Helloween, Running Wild (hair metal!)

I'm not too familiar with the newer stuff, as you can tell. :p

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Lamp said:

i'd say some old sepultura is just as fast as slayer and i dont believe they are nazi's....just jeff hanneman is obsessed with WW2

kirennia

Part of the furniture
No idea of the genre anymore; seems that everyone has different views of what fits into what genre so I'mm just list some bands:

Metallica
Pantera
Down (Well worth a listen for any old pantera fans)
Old machinehead
Old Deftones (although I've gone off them recently a bit)
Iron Maiden
System of a down
Just to name a few.

But then I also love rockier bands such as aerosmith, GnR and pink floyd :)

And some classical pieces from mozart. Classical metal fans would like jason becker, yngwie Malmsteen etc etc

It's all far too much stuff to pidgeonhole but that's a general idea of what I like :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Cemeterygates said:
i'd say some old sepultura is just as fast as slayer and i dont believe they are nazi's....just jeff hanneman is obsessed with WW2

"Auschwitz, the meaning of pain / the way that I want you to die" with nazi swastikas all over their album artwork isn't nazi-fuelled then...?

P l e a s e

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Lamp said:
"Auschwitz, the meaning of pain / the way that I want you to die" with nazi swastikas all over their album artwork isn't nazi-fuelled then...?

P l e a s e
swastikas all over their album work?? no...the SS eagle appears on some of their shirts an stuff....and thats a song about joseph mengele...an just like death metal bands goin on about grousome murders they arent promoting it an sayin its a good thing to go out an do...lol

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Cemeterygates said:
swastikas all over their album work?? no...the SS eagle appears on some of their shirts an stuff....and thats a song about joseph mengele...an just like death metal bands goin on about grousome murders they arent promoting it an sayin its a good thing to go out an do...lol

There's a load of stuff on the net about are they / aren't they. TBH I don't know. All I do know is that I find a lot of their lyrics and artwork offensive.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
In Flames
Rob Zombie/White Zombie
Machinae Supreme
Rammstein
Disturbed
Deathstars
Blind Guardian
Dimmu Borgir
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Powerman 5000
Soilwork
U.D.O.
Korn
Theatre of Tragedy

Some of the stuff I listen to

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Lamp said:
There's a load of stuff on the net about are they / aren't they. TBH I don't know. All I do know is that I find a lot of their lyrics and artwork offensive.
ye there has been speculation that they are nazi;s but i really dont think they are...cos they arent aryan (sp?)...especialy tom araya...dark hair and eyes...so ye...its like bein a jewish nazi :p

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Coldbeard said:
In Flames
Rob Zombie/White Zombie
Machinae Supreme
Rammstein
Disturbed
Deathstars
Blind Guardian
Dimmu Borgir
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Powerman 5000
Soilwork
U.D.O.
Korn
Theatre of Tragedy

Some of the stuff I listen to
would say its a mix of nu metal,powermetal and thrash....that is ofc if its old metallica u like...oh and modern black metal...dimmu

Irinnis

Fledgling Freddie
What would Bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold and InMe count as?

I also like dragonforce and coheed and cambria who are totally different :rolleyes:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
And how could you REALLY put System of a Down into a genre ? I dont think you can tbh

Everz

FH is my second home
I dont like it, i think its crap.. what genre am i in ?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Cemeterygates said:

A gospel singing about god existing

I find that more offensive

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
A gospel singing about god existing

I find that more offensive
i get the impression u got the wrong quote...cos where did i mention offensive?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Cemeterygates said:
i get the impression u got the wrong quote...cos where did i mention offensive?

Was a reply to the mini discussion between you and lamp, wasnt inciting that you were :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Power Metal, Rhapsody, Blind Guardian that sorta sizzle.

Nobloc

Loyal Freddie
Power metal: dragonforce, hammerfall, sonata arctica, rhapsody (of fire), europe, ...
Folk metal: Elvenking, skyclad, cruachan, finntroll, ...
And some good old Heavy metal like Iron maiden, yngwie malmsteen etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom