Melee Scout to become FOTM??

gohan

FH is my second home
in the next patch (one after lotm for euro players) the bonuses/penalties for evade parry block ect are being scraped (i.e shield wont be cut in half by DW anymore) i think a melee scout gaurding an inf cud be quite nice (well asways was but to few scouts that arent in towers for any1 to notice) not exactly the melee boost scouts been waiting for but its a start

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
if it goes live Ï'll sure have a lot of fun raping assassins with their nerfed malice + dw bonus :flame:

Nate

FH is my second home
2h got nerfed too :( I hope they give some nice alternatives for skald in that patch

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Nate said:
2h got nerfed too :( I hope they give some nice alternatives for skald in that patch

dunno if its nerfed? only dont anymore halve parry.
atleast mine valks parry, 31+, have work allready quite effective ;)

scout guarding inf + minstr "spamming" insta stunn + AM, but dunno whats new here :)
and offcourse grapple helps allso..

gohan

FH is my second home
Tuppe said:
scout guarding inf + minstr "spamming" insta stunn + AM, but dunno whats new here :)
and offcourse grapple helps allso..
well dont see many scouts even brave enought to go BG spec an play like utter pricks they'd rather be a prick from the safety of thier own tower. but this does at least give them a viable option to solo, where as before a solo scout was basicly free rpts.

uron

Loyal Freddie
ill b giving my scout another go wen it finally gets here, should b fun to watch assasins die Vs scouts :p

decker

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
well dont see many scouts even brave enought to go BG spec an play like utter pricks they'd rather be a prick from the safety of thier own tower. but this does at least give them a viable option to solo, where as before a solo scout was basicly free rpts.

We have piffu!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
where as before a solo scout was basicly free rpts.

not really, but too much has to go exactely right for the scout to win. the only thing that really fucks up scouts is the sick combination of maliceproc + new ws debuff + dotmine + dw bonus.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
uron said:
ill b giving my scout another go wen it finally gets here, should b fun to watch assasins die Vs scouts :p
That wont happen..
Fosho ill take u down :)

gohan

FH is my second home
Vodkafairy said:
not really, but too much has to go exactely right for the scout to win. the only thing that really fucks up scouts is the sick combination of maliceproc + new ws debuff + dotmine + dw bonus.
ye so "basicly" free rpts.... i know how well a scout CAN do IF everything goes according to plan better than anyone

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
ye so "basicly" free rpts.... i know how well a scout CAN do IF everything goes according to plan better than anyone

well thats a fucking magnificent interpretation! :D

scout will lose more often then it wins in general, but its nowhere near free rps. also, this is from rr1-4 perspective - with purge3 things would have been so, so much easier vs assassins

uron

Loyal Freddie
Sarumann said:
That wont happen..
Fosho ill take u down :)

well if my infil with no MLs and rr4 can kill u, i guess a melee scout should have np at all :fluffle: :p

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Bring it on :D

Ill use more footwork and just hit u in the back all the time :D u will have a hard time blocking then :p

uron

Loyal Freddie
Sarumann said:
Bring it on :D

Ill use more footwork and just hit u in the back all the time :D u will have a hard time blocking then :p

hehe, well think we got a while to wait before he leaves housing again :) god knows wat rr u'll b by the time the patch goes live, but ill try :p

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie
look at 1.87C, both proc and charge are nerfed, and battler is nerfed too.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:

While the combo is nasty, my nightshade (who's pierce, and most scouts have 1 weak magic-resists) never had much troubles with scouts unless they dumped absolutely everything on me (IP, Purge, FZ, etc).

I wouldnt worry too much about the shield-changes for assassins, the fight is still in an assassins-favour , but atleast the scout has a chance. Scout vs. ranger will be quite tough for the ranger now I reckon.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
How will Malice be nerfed?

25% stat debuff nerfed to 10% (and duration nerfed from 1 min to 30 secs afaik)

charge will be 25% instead of 50%

battler charge will be 10/10 instead of 19/19 for 30 sec instead of 1 min

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
So, given these changes to Malice and Battler, will they be worth keeping in my Paladin's template, or should I explore using LGWs or BoS weapons instead?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
So, given these changes to Malice and Battler, will they be worth keeping in my Paladin's template, or should I explore using LGWs or BoS weapons instead?

i dont think malice will be worth haveing anymore but thats just me..

10% is just not enough, on a target with 400 str you will "only" debuff for 40 str.. I would rather use some item with better stats or proc..

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
i dont think malice will be worth haveing anymore but thats just me..

10% is just not enough, on a target with 400 str you will "only" debuff for 40 str.. I would rather use some item with better stats or proc..

Other then LGWs, what 'better' options exist for a 1H Slash user?

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Zimmeron's Wrath from Cathal Valley with AF debuff proc, and the PoC sword with abs debuff atleast

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
- The Charge has been changed from 50% melee immunity/vulnerability to 25% melee immunity/vulnerability. The negative effect after the charge is used is now unpurgable.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Eleasias said:
Zimmeron's Wrath from Cathal Valley with AF debuff proc, and the PoC sword with abs debuff atleast

They have either a shit proc rate or are % based as far as I remeber.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, the only weapon I can think of really is TD. It at least has similar cap stats, and the mists are good, but it's no Malice Axe unfortunately :(

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Hmmm, the only weapon I can think of really is TD. It at least has similar cap stats, and the mists are good, but it's no Malice Axe unfortunately :(

think i will switch out my malice on my merc for sok or maybe a lw . . . only reason i got malice was for the proc an its pretty much useless now imo..

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I've recently been playing on and off again while RL allowed time for DAoC, not sure if i'll still be playing when these changes go live, but its nice to see scouts getting a boost. It would be nice to not have to rely on arti and RA timers so heavily :)

Are you still playing your scout VF?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
malice is viable and the proc is still nice.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
malice is viable and the proc is still nice.

But it's not the best. I'm trying to determine what to swap Malice for. I'll stay with it for a bit after the patch and see how things go, but it'd be great to be able to identify a suitable replacement now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom