Maybe a bit "touchy" subject, but is Hitler in heaven?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I got to wondering.

If Hitler personally didn't kill anyone, since he was a believer in god and bible and all, wouldn't by those rules he get to heaven?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Murder is not the only "sin" that keeps you out of heaven....

Summo

Loyal Freddie
Hitler was a furious masturbator, and for that his soul is burning.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Cyradix said:
Murder is not the only "sin" that keeps you out of heaven....

No ofcourse not, but if i remember correctly, all other sins can be forgiven...

But if he lived by the bible code so to say, like any other one of us(well if you are bible people), would he go to heaven even if he lead a rather nasty organisation?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The trick is to form a club with like-minded self-debasers and only tamper with each others peepee. Then you get to heaven !

Cyradix

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
No ofcourse not, but if i remember correctly, all other sins can be forgiven...

But if he lived by the bible code so to say, like any other one of us(well if you are bible people), would he go to heaven even if he lead a rather nasty organisation?

Aye, that's the good part about religion. Anything can be forgiven.
If he had a priest do that before he died anything could be possible I guess :eek7:

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Would there be a priest anywhere that could forgive what he has done though? I hope not!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
In what way did he "live by the Bible"? Christians are told to be "no part of the world" in the New Testament, let alone be the head of State for a government responsible for killing countless thousands in death camps.

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
He comitted suicide, so he did kill. He also killed his family before he died did he not?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Turamber said:
In what way did he "live by the Bible"? Christians are told to be "no part of the world" in the New Testament, let alone be the head of State for a government responsible for killing countless thousands in death camps.

No part of the world would be a tough one for anyone. Any country gone to war could be considered the same in a biblical sense. So as an example, british, US, iraq...etc etc...leaders arn't going to heaven either. A kill is a kill in the bible, no matter the situation. Be it a deathcamp or "war against terror".

jaba said:
Would there be a priest anywhere that could forgive what he has done though? I hope not!

In germany there would've been loads back then. As "religious" as the crusades had.

Alliandre said:
He comitted suicide, so he did kill. He also killed his family before he died did he not?

Well that would do for the whole "banned from heaven" thing, but is it a fact? Or just speculation.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
Well that would do for the whole "banned from heaven" thing, but is it a fact? Or just speculation.

He died as part of a suicide pact with Eva Braun, he shot himself, but she swallowed cyanide.

RB

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
He was catholic and he committed suicide - you get Hell just for that, notwithstanding all the evil dictator stuff. So no, if it existed, he wouldn't be in Heaven.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
what the bloke in the previous post said. something like the second layer of hell or something.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Alliandre said:

Iirc, I remember being told something in RE something along the lines of being denied heaven if you killed yourself.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Without wishing to go into detail (as it's clearly just baiting from somebody who doesn't even believe it) - only people who are called by God (the oft heard, if seldom explained "Born Again") that go to heaven at death. Do I know if he was Born Again? No I don't, but I find his actions to be incongrous to those of a follower of Jesus. Jesus said that his disciples should be no part of the world, just as he was no part of the world.

Jesus was not interested in worldly government. He turned Satan down when he offered him all the kingdoms of the world. When the zealots came to declare him King, and thus a symbol to rise up against Rome with, he ran away.

When he was dying Jesus asked God to forgive those putting him to death "because they know not what they are doing". Yet Hitler, thousands of years later, persecuted the Jews. Presumably he didn't realise, or didn't care, that Jesus himself was a Jew.

Jesus preached a gospel of tolerance - "going the extra mile" refers to carrying the pack of a Roman soldier, not the one mile you were obliged to under Roman law -- but two miles. The extra mile out of love for fellow man. He counselled turning the other cheek to those that would strike us - not rising up in arms against them.

Did Hitler call himself a Christian? Yes he did. Do you think his actions show that he was? I certainly do not think so.

On a side note, there is a lot of evidence that early Christians would not serve in the armed forces or take political office. I personally don't believe that Christians today should do either.

Anyhoo, I'm off to work.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thanks for the good answer.

RArely seen in this day and age :D

Yeah, i don't think he would be in heaven(atleast by the "laws" of following jesus), but then again, i don't believe in god(different religion here) so if i'm wrong about my religion, i can ask Adolf myself.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
As Sharma said, you dont get into heaven if you killed yourself.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Turamber said:

How does this work with the Vatican state, which is ruled inpart by the cardinals?
Just curious, as I haven't heard of this before!

Being "no part of the world" could just as easily mean not to live in one place, but to travel and spread the religion.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Even in heaven they need someone to clean the toilets, right?

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Firstly people dont go to heaven when they die, they dont go to hell either. For some reason everyone seems to believe this. When a person dies they just cease to exist.

Secondly its down to hitlers heart condition as to his future. Only God truly knows how bad he was, if he can be forgiven or not. God will take action accordingly. You cant just say im a christian and expect everythign to be ok. Faith without works is dead.

Suicide isnt showing true respect for the life you have been given, Jesus died for all mankind, the ransom sacrifice. Along these lines, living a risky life is also frowned upon.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Panda On Smack said:
Firstly people dont go to heaven when they die, they dont go to hell either. For some reason everyone seems to believe this. When a person dies they just cease to exist.

Prove it. I'm not a religious nut or anything, but I would like to know how you KNOW this, why isn't it possible that there is something after this life, a "different path" perhaps?

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I thought the whole point of religion was being able to give things up and go on just as well, if not better, anyway?

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Religion sucks. They say to lead a normal and holy life. But in all honesty how boring is that? You get to do nothing fun, take no risks..anything. What a waste of a life. You should take every second as if its your last.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Dommers said:
You should take every second as if its your last.

Time for a last wank!

*later*

Ah...still alive! Time for a last wank!

*later*

Ah...(and so on)

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
People who read the bible and follow its course daily are told that if we endure until the end we will be saved. The bible talks of everlasting life on earth for all those who do Gods will. There a chosen few called the anointed that God will have help him rule in heaven.

Its all in there.

People tend to go on what they hear and is generaly assumed instead of actually reading the book and finding out for themselves.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
All religions have some, quite difficult, loopholes in them.

Take viking culture as an example(yeah, i'm in that), to go to valhalla you should die in battle.

Now how the hell am i gonna get killed in a swordfight these days... :eek7:

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Heh

At the end of the day its about Faith. These 'loopholes' you mention are opportunities for us to prove our Faith. Shows who trully believes.

You a viking then?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Panda On Smack said:
Heh

At the end of the day its about Faith. These 'loopholes' you mention are opportunities for us to prove our Faith. Shows who trully believes.

You a viking then?

Sounds like a good way to explain it. True believers finding a way and all.

Yeah, you could say that. I believe in the ancient gods, odin and the brady bunch up there. Ofcourse i'm not a viking as it was back then, but i try to live my life accordingly to what i know about the culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom