8-bit

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I always had a fondness for Braybrook. Paradroid was great, but I liked Gribbleys day out and Morpheus too. (And Alleykat).

Of course, no computer ever beat the SID chip for music. People still covering C64 stuff now.

Want to go see Fastloaders live one day:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZ1O1LJg-k

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
For me Thing on a Spring, I nearly destroyed my mates C64 playing that cunt of a game but the soundtrack was out of this world considering I had the ZX Spectrum with its state of the art tin thing for a speaker.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Kids today thinking they know what a difficult game is because they have played Dark Souls or Elden Ring. Those pixel perfect jumps in Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy still give me nightmares.
Hah! Imagine giving them a ZX80 with Lunar Lander (think it was called that) and try to land it between the no tv signal screen redraws.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Kids today thinking they know what a difficult game is because they have played Dark Souls or Elden Ring. Those pixel perfect jumps in Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy still give me nightmares.

Yep, they never played Airwolf or The Last V8

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I know it isn't 8 bit but I'm playing Vampire Survivors on my Steam Deck and loving it.

Syri

FH is my second home
I didn't have a C64 for that long, think I got an Amiga when I was about 10, so I can't remember a lot of the C64 games. I remember playing one called "Cliff Hanger" a lot though. Nothing to do with the Sly film, it involved trying to set traps (usually involving rolling big rocks) to squash a bandit.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ah yes, I went Atari ST then felt warm and even more fuzzy inside when I upgraded to the Atari STE. Fun times back in those days....

Wonder if I still have any of that stuff stashed in 1 of 3 lofts, going to have to plan 2 raids to find out after I raid my own loft.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ah yes, I went Atari ST then felt warm and even more fuzzy inside when I upgraded to the Atari STE. Fun times back in those days....

Wonder if I still have any of that stuff stashed in 1 of 3 lofts, going to have to plan 2 raids to find out after I raid my own loft.

It's the monitor that's usually the most difficult part, everyone now calls CRTs "vintage gaming monitors" and wants a premium for them :( I keep hoping to see one languishing in my local tip. I have an Amiga monitor on my desk with what looks like a blown line output transformer that I really need to finish fixing.

I actually have a bunch of old computers now, a PET 2001, a MZ80k, vic-20, c64, plus 4, and my old Amiga (now quite yellow).

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's the monitor that's usually the most difficult part, everyone now calls CRTs "vintage gaming monitors" and wants a premium for them :( I keep hoping to see one languishing in my local tip. I have an Amiga monitor on my desk with what looks like a blown line output transformer that I really need to finish fixing.

I actually have a bunch of old computers now, a PET 2001, a MZ80k, vic-20, c64, plus 4, and my old Amiga (now quite yellow).
Totally agree... I am sure you know though (more for others wondering, I guess) that you can get suitable convertors? I have an RGB > Scart > HDMI combination which worked well for my Beeb.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Any conversion to digital will introduce a delay - so if you don't have a CRT or an old panel with analogue inputs, it's best to either mod the computer to output a digital signal straight from the board, or use an emulator.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Any conversion to digital will introduce a delay - so if you don't have a CRT or an old panel with analogue inputs, it's best to either mod the computer to output a digital signal straight from the board, or use an emulator.
Fortunately I only needed it to try to get the thing working.... I failed for now, by the way :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Three Weeks in Paradise (my first Spectrum 128 game)
Exolon
Seabase Delta
Heavy on the Magick
Daley Thompson's Supertest
Quazatron

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Super Castlevania 4 and Mortal Kombat 2 (SNES) - but they're 16s I think not 8

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had a full Amstrad something or other that I bought at the village fete, came with the green screen monitor thing. All worked except needing a rubber band in the diskdrive. Threw it out when I moved out 20 odd years ago.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I used my C64 as a cricket bat, with my brother lobbing lumps of coal as the balls.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Having a clear out. Looking to get rid of my Spectrum 128, a thermal printer, and 2 shoe boxes of cassette games.
Wonder if I can sell it to some gullible American for £1000.....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Having a clear out. Looking to get rid of my Spectrum 128, a thermal printer, and 2 shoe boxes of cassette games.
Wonder if I can sell it to some gullible American for £1000.....
Nice, when I can get my son round here I want to go into the loft to see what crap I have up there, know I have old computers and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom