Master Levels (Possible. Might be bull, but certainly interesting)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Graknak
if it is fake, why did they remove the thread? ^^

Because the NDA means they can't say anything about them, true or false. And VN are obliged to delete anything which breaks NDA.

P

Pin

RR's, 20 odd ppl laying mines, whoom gone all rams, slaughter force who has no siege, nuff said, one of the lamest ones arround o_O

And counter-abilities:

Reveal Crystalseed - Sweep Mine

Unmake Crystalseed - Disable Mine

O

old.Tohtori

In my opinion people should just be let to mine their own business...

N

)nick(

IGN July 1st

Matt Firor: We are working on the design and implementation of Master Levels as I type this, so there's not a lot I can share with you. However, we can tell you that the skill and abilities you'll get from MLs will be "horizontal" in nature, not "vertical" - that is to say your character will become more full featured, but not necessarily strictly more powerful. Think of it more as your character gets more tools in their toolbox.

RPG Vault Sept 12th

Matt Firor: Master Levels comprise the new skills and abilities that players learn after completing each Trial. The skills / abilities / spells they learn differ depending on their class and general archetype (i.e. fighter or mage, etc.). In general, we are trying to expand the character's toolbox with these new skills - that is, to make them more well-rounded but not necessarily strictly more powerful. That being said, a player who has completed all nine Trials and has nine Master Levels will be at least a little more powerful than a player who hasn't.

Recent GameZone.com

"We are adding some new player abilities called "Master Abilities" that players receive after they successfully complete a Trial, but these are general purpose (although more useful in RvR) and won't change gameplay too much."

The truth:

You will be forced to buy TOA and go through the painstaking process of getting all master levels for all 10 of your lvl 50s to become viable in RVR again.

T

Tesla Monkor

Vanish = I win.
Volcanic Pillar = We win.
Bunker of Faith = You can't win.
Faith Healing = You WERE winning
Speed of Sound = At least we won't lose.

Heehee.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Vanish = I win.
Volcanic Pillar = We win.
Bunker of Faith = You can't win.
Faith Healing = You WERE winning
Speed of Sound = At least we won't lose.

rofl

Don't know how true that strictly is but is funny :D

And Nicolas, I tend to agree with you in your summary, though its based on experience, rather than knowledge of what is coming.

O

old.Thanatlos

These are fake, based on rumours and 'we'd like to have' threads. Some might be true due to pure guessing and making smart assumptions on things the devs said at one time.

The fact that the general beta tester of ToA cannot get master abilities and it's constricted to only dev's and TL's says something about the likelyness that these are a truthful representation of the master abilities.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by -nicolas-

The truth:

You will be forced to buy TOA and go through the painstaking process of getting all master levels for all 10 of your lvl 50s to become viable in RVR again.

boy am I glad I level slow :p

I think the trials will be fun :)

T

Tesla Monkor

Who cares, old.Thanatlos. Speculation is fun. In a few days we'll know for sure anyway! =)

D

Driwen

btw tesla snaring your opponent is useful for archers, means that they have less time to reach you or it takes them longer to flee out of your range (ie more chance on them turning into a human porcupine).

I think the ML's will probably be slightly powerful, but most likely at the level of an archer being able to snare his opponent on range somehow. Which makes it indeed easier for the archer to win, but the ability isnt the thing that will give him the victory (he will still need to shoot and possibly melee his opponent). But I might be totally wrong.
Anyway im looking forward to the trails fluff or actually useful in RvR :).

V

Vell

Erm, Bodyguard seem a bit stupid.

Warrior 1 bodyguards warrior 2. Warrior 2 bodyguards warrior 1. Neither can take damage until the other dies. So neither will ever die. Which means they can toddle off and kill any mob in the game, surely?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Vell

Warrior 1 bodyguards warrior 2. Warrior 2 bodyguards warrior 1. Neither can take damage until the other dies. So neither will ever die. Which means they can toddle off and kill any mob in the game, surely?

read abit more and see that this is 99% certaintity just fake ;)

here:

"The fact that the general beta tester of ToA cannot get master abilities and it's constricted to only dev's and TL's says something about the likelyness that these are a truthful representation of the master abilities."

A

Arnor

Originally posted by driwen
"The fact that the general beta tester of ToA cannot get master abilities and it's constricted to only dev's and TL's says something about the likelyness that these are a truthful representation of the master abilities."

mmm, promises alot for balance doesnt it? :puke:

P

Pin

Originally posted by Vell

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Taking the most quoted example above, 'bodyguard'.

What if it has a 45 minute recast timer and only lasts 30 seconds, and is invalidated if the guarder is mezzed/rooted/stunned or moves more than melee range away from the guardee, and increases the damage taken by the guarder, in much the same way as intercept, and puts a 50% snare and 50% cast time delay on the guarded player in order to simulate the dumb ass tank getting in your way?

I doubt it will be this extreme, but my point is that the devil is in the detail, and very few of the listed powers above give us a clear idea of strong they are.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Arnor
mmm, promises alot for balance doesnt it? :puke:

why dont you quote thanatlos on it as he was the one who said it and lets see first what it all is. Mythic isnt so incompetent as all you people want to believe as this is still a fun game and they have learned (slightly?) from their mistakes, so just wait 5 days iirc and see what those abilities actually are:p.

K

Kagato.

Anyone actually got any idea yet of what these silly trials we have to do are?

Sounds to me like its just going to be more stupid epic quests, Kill mob that requires X amount of fg's, and uses Y, Z types of attacks. Dull and pointless and by the time the expansion reaches us we'll just be able to read how the yanks beat each mob anyway.

Even if the mobs are cleverly designed its only going to be like the end battles of Sidi presumably.

Y

-yoda-

Bodyguard - whoever you bodyguard can't take physical damage until
you are dead

that ra will be uber overpowered and will get nerfed VERY fast

can u imagine a friar/pally combo they would be able to duo ANY mob in the game . pally bodyguards friar . when a friar is booning nothing cant take aggro from him .. so friar takes no physical dmge = mob will die (allbeit in a long amount of time)

P

Pin

Originally posted by -yoda-
you are dead

that ra will be uber overpowered and will get nerfed VERY fast

can u imagine a friar/pally combo they would be able to duo ANY mob in the game . pally bodyguards friar . when a friar is booning nothing cant take aggro from him .. so friar takes no physical dmge = mob will die (allbeit in a long amount of time)

try reading the thread?

S

Sharma

If anything these seem quite overpowered.

Speedwarp - cancels out speed buffs for a minute on anyone who passes
through this field

AHHahehaeaheahehaehhaeha, Just imagine how much that would own people coming outta their MG with speed on.
If thats a real thing i can see some really funny thing to do with this. :p

D

dracus

first of all..LOL...hope its not true...cause then we'll see guild RvR grps get even more bad arse... wow for a turn of events...now the almost unkillable will indeed be, UNKILLABLE!! :p

But hey...gotta wait and see right ;)

/Dracus

B

bone_idle

Hopefully only Animists will be the only class to get these abilities. :)

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Sharma
If anything these seem quite overpowered.

Speedwarp - cancels out speed buffs for a minute on anyone who passes
through this field

AHHahehaeaheahehaehhaeha, Just imagine how much that would own people coming outta their MG with speed on.
If thats a real thing i can see some really funny thing to do with this. :p

several stealthers with this MA hiding arround the milegates indeed ^^ so like, wait up folks lost speed..... uhm wait we all did.... wtf?!?!?!?! <dead ppl etc. ^^>

but why the thread close? i mean speculations makes more ppl buy the game, wether it's fake or not seems to me it's publicity, wether it's good or bad doesn;'t matter atm :D

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

several stealthers with this MA hiding arround the milegates indeed ^^ so like, wait up folks lost speed..... uhm wait we all did.... wtf?!?!?!?! <dead ppl etc. ^^>

but why the thread close? i mean speculations makes more ppl buy the game, wether it's fake or not seems to me it's publicity, wether it's good or bad doesn;'t matter atm :D

Because:

a) Someone has broken the NDA
b) A lot of the speculation so far has been negative
c) Mythic are going to get a shit load of complaints over why some of these Master Levels aren't in the game (assuming they are fake) or why they have been nerfed.
d) A lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that these changes are going to fuck the game up despite the fact that none of these new thingies have even been confirmed by anyone.

Mythic have been trying to clamp down on these types of threads on IGN (sp?), Catacombs and some of the other US based forums and I think the least the UK mods could do would be to help stem the spread of these rumours.

...although it is probably way too late now.

...and if anyone in my guild is reading this, yes, I know I'm a hypocrite! :p

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
Because:

a) blah
b) blahblah
c) blahblahblah

and ofcourse:
d) who cares ><

besides, new ppl will fill in spots of ppl leaving caus of bad this, nerf that etc., so moneywise Mythic won;'t give a rat's ass :m00:

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Of course Mythic would give a crap if there are random posts floating around which indicate that the highly anticipated Master Levels are going to screw up the game. If it wasn't the case then Sanya and her cronies wouldn't be working hard to try and get all these threads closed on the main US boards.

Originally posted by a very pissed off Sanya
The reason people remove crap like this is because real or fake, this list will now live forever, and in two years I'm going to get email from people demanding to know why we nerfed X, when X never existed in the first place.

And of course, we're still in beta, and the Master Abilities are changing sometimes every hour. But someone's going to look at this list, and think "this is the way it works" and get angry when it doesn't.

Just bear in mind that when you look at material like this that it is not authorized, subject to change (WITHOUT notice, because we're still in beta and do not provide patch notes), and judging from what I see, some of it isn't even true. Be careful, that's all I'm sayin'.

Edit to add: And of course, there's the little matter of the NDA someone was enough of an asswipe to disregard.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
you are dead

sounds gay tbh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom