Games Massively is Dead, Long Live Massively OP

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by svartalf, Feb 12, 2015.

1. svartalf

svartalf Can't get enough of FH

As you may or may not know/care, MMO news site Massively.com has been closed.

Here is the final post from the site:

2. svartalf

Here is Mark Jacob's tribute from here http://camelotunchained.com/v2/massivelys-closure-this-one-hurts/ :

3. svartalf

4. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

So they are resurrecting a "concept" that evidently doesn't work anymore? Yeah that will be well spent money for sure....

5. Hawkwind

Hawkwind FH is my second home FH Subscriber

Seems to me that they need to broaden their scope and not just about MMO's. Possibly include any Co-op games. The MMO community is relatively small albeit pretty hardcore and loyal, still probably not enough ad revenue to keep it that selective.

6. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

The problem with Massively was not what they did, but how they did it.. Fewer and fewer people go to sites like that for gaming related topics, instead they go to Youtube or twitch to watch people like TotalBiscuit, Angryjoe or JonTron..

A traditional games journalist have this or that much space to write their articles on, a youtuber can sit for fucking hours going as in depth as they please for as long as they please to get us everything we ever wished for and more.

What you get from written articles just can not even hope to compete with that.