Mass Effect

Yaka

Part of the furniture
anyone know the total game time for this? is it more than 30 hours?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
anyone know the total game time for this? is it more than 30 hours?

No one knows yet but multiple endings should extend the lifespan of the game somewhat. I would imagine at least 20 hours on first run through but you never know these days tbh.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Bioware said that the if you only do the main storyline and don't do anything else it should take roughly 20hrs, but seeing as there are tons of planets to explore and tons of side quests you are prolly looking at something upwards of 40hrs

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
We often get alien lesbian sex on Channel 4 most weekday afternoons over here! :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
ME reviews tonight. Let's see whether it lives up to the hype :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
3rd post in a row, cant edit.

The RPG elements are very good appearently, but the action is shit ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Got the game but not playing until I can get a 10 hour run at it, I like to immerse myself into games like this.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
When will you get 10 hours at it? :)

If all goes according to plan then it will be Wednesday from 10am until 8pm with a couple of 15 min breaks thrown in for food and bathroom breaks :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Got the LE version come in yesterday, played for about 6 hours and have to say its bloody fantastic, theres so much to do and I can see the replay value, espically as you can use the avatar you created in your first play through again on your second.

The way the dialogue is handed works really well and keeps everything flowing quite quickly.

Graphics are nice and sleek, there are a few pop ups of textures but its nothing really to niggle about, I actually like the fact theres no tutorial and you get straight into it off the bat, the universe Bioware has created is so immense, the only downside is that im going away for a few days and won't get to play anymore of it till at least next tues and the Mako they could have done this a bit better, I tend to find it easier to drive to the enemies and jump out and fight without the Mako.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just played 10 hours straight, totally knackered but very happy. Will post more tomorrow. :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Been playing since around 9am this morning with breaks inbetween im 9.25 hours in and i have yet to scratch the surface of the main campaign.

Enjoying everything about it from the fantastic acting, the sweet fight system to driving my buggy up a mountain as far as i could go and looking out at the view with the amazing looking sun glare on me.

So far am going Renegade and feel really guilty when i do something bad, more then a few people that i could have saved have been killed by me ;/

However someone please tell me that i am not the only one who DIDN'T pick the soldier class? everyone on my friends list roughly about 15 people are all soldiers :p

I'm an Adept really enjoying flinging enemies about with my Biotic powers, nothing better then using Lift killing them while in midair with my acid rounds then watching them melt and just their gun dropping to the floor :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Soldier and wish I had gone for something more diverse.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I went Infiltrator and also going renegade:) Loving the game lots and dont see how it only scored 9.4 tbh . Havent seened any framerate drops or glitches yet. Turned off grain and motion blur tho if thats why.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Havent seened any framerate drops or glitches yet. Turned off grain and motion blur tho if thats why.

Could well be why. I knocked off film grain straight away, pisses me off when they add it to new films tbh and it has no place in a game. I went high definition for clarity, film grain just fucks up a lovely clear image.

I have had a few vsync issue, the framerate is fine but vsync is definately no enabled on this game sadly so you do get the occasional screen tear from time to time. I am going to turn off motion blur next and see if that helps, with other games motion blur helps perfromance by about 10% or so and that may well be enough to get past the vsync issues.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Soldier and wish I had gone for something more diverse.

I never ever pick a plain fighter class in an RPG they are so boring and 1 dimensional :p

Restart and pick something else :D

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
great game playing as an infiltrator and only choosing alien species in my party
in about 8 hrs so far and only complaint is that it is taking all my free time
lots of replay value,i am enjoying the story so far,lets hope it continues :)
who knows i may even finish this game
deepfried

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm playing as vanguard, great fun. This game really draws you in to the storyline.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just done Novaria, bloody hell does this game more auto save points. Combat ramped up massively.

Much fun fighting some proper enemies though, biotic battles are fun -although a well placed grenade quickly negates their abilities.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
pah i knew i should never have read this thread, so feel like ordering it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom