Mass Effect 2

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
just make sure you get the ship upgrades as soon as possible ;)

how upgraded you ship is affects last mission, less upgrades = more dead team people

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
just make sure you get the ship upgrades as soon as possible ;)

how upgraded you ship is affects last mission, less upgrades = more dead team people

I think it takes into account
how many missions you took each member on

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I had Jack's loyalty but then lost it because I sided with Miranda (naturally, feisty brunettes ftw). Jack died when I left the rest of the team to hold the door. If not because of the lack of loyalty then it might have been a lack of upgrades ... I did kind of rush to the end to see how the story unfolded

Turamber

Part of the furniture
then you probably missed half of the actual story :)

Not really, I just didn't search the universe for all of the random missions and didn't upgrade all weapons/shields/armour. Doing that now, and catching up on dialogue with the rest of the crew.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
and if you on dual core pc having long loading times, best fix i found was to alt tab out of game, bring up task manager and processes choose Mass Effect2 process, open up the part with processors, untick 2nd one and retick it. I do this now each day i play the game and get insta loading when zoning, prior it sometimes took up to 5 min to load a zone.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
There wasn't much to miss :/

Wtf? Story was excellent, made Dragon Age look like a childrens bedtime story in comparison. Being able to interact with the cut scenes with the trigger buttons was also a very novel departure for BioWare.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Wtf? Story was excellent, made Dragon Age look like a childrens bedtime story in comparison. Being able to interact with the cut scenes with the trigger buttons was also a very novel departure for BioWare.

I'm talking about the main plot. Sure, there was plenty of side-story in recruiting and loyalty missions, but the main plot was so simple and undeveloped. It was basically there to bridge the gap between ME1 and ME3. Compare it to ME1 where the plot had a fair few developments and twists.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I'm talking about the main plot. Sure, there was plenty of side-story in recruiting and loyalty missions, but the main plot was so simple and undeveloped. It was basically there to bridge the gap between ME1 and ME3. Compare it to ME1 where the plot had a fair few developments and twists.

I agree. They said that the side quests would be more involved with the main plot, but it seems that they almost totally
did away with side missions. There's the chef/doctor quests, for example, and the anomolies, but the extra planets just seem totally (except for the godawful "scanning" borefest) pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I loved everything else in the game, though there's still some niggles : I'd have liked segmented terminus/blood dragon armour and more guns
(I mean... two? That's rather few!).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

aye, i felt that ME2 was pretty damn linear, never really pondered if i should kill someone or not when the option came up as i never fealt that it would have reprecautiouns(sp?) later on...

and most of the times i also never fealt that i had much of a choise at all in doing what i ultimately ended up doing.

sure saving the galaxy were a given must do, but from start to there it was mostly just a traight line of "meh" :(

i mean, i couldn't even piss off that "illusive man" no matter how hard i tried >.<

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
i mean, i couldn't even piss off that "illusive man" no matter how hard i tried >.<

That's because he's given you free reign on the mission. The only way you can piss him off is by not doing it... and the only way of not doing it is to not play. :D

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Valentines.jpg

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That's because he's given you free reign on the mission. The only way you can piss him off is by not doing it... and the only way of not doing it is to not play. :D

awell, bet i get to kill him in ME3 so i'm happy...

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I've got all the team members prior to the IFF mission loyal to me. Now doing all the little side missions/exploration, as I understand that gets a lot more difficult after the IFF mission!

Enjoying it so far, but, as people say, it's a bit linear.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think it gets any more difficult. Horizon was probably the peak in difficulty.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
No, when I said difficult I meant railroady. No real opportunity for side quests.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
awell, bet i get to kill him in ME3 so i'm happy...

I am not so sure about this. There will be so much other stuff to tie up in the third part that killing the illusive man sounds like a side-issue and something that I, for one, wouldn't be interested in. Indeed, if you DO get to kill him, I reckon that it will be one of those "Save him/Let him die" choices like you get with the Destiny Ascention.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well, i gave that base to him insted of blowing it up. so chances are he will have a massive power trip and needs to be put down before HE does what the reapers wanted to do... :p

or he goes there and gets brainwashed and needs to be killed that way :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
well, i gave that base to him insted of blowing it up. so chances are he will have a massive power trip and needs to be put down before HE does what the reapers wanted to do... :p

or he goes there and gets brainwashed and needs to be killed that way :)

Interesting. I'd take into account that they want to make as little branching content as possible, so if you do one thing, the repurcussions can't be THAT different a plotline than if you'd taken the other option, surely?

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Anyway, I wanted to complain about how
crappy the Human Reaper idea is. I think they really jumped the shark on this one. It's ridiculous. I mean:

1. If they have beaten every race that came to galactic prominence time and time again over aeons, why does the ENTIRE army of Reapers at the end all look like Cuttlefish and not a variety of radically different races?

2. Can you imagine a giant human floating through space? Laughable! We're designed for 2D environments (the fish makes sense because the sea is a 3D environment) not outer space!

Just my 2p.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Anyway, I wanted to complain about how
crappy the Human Reaper idea is. I think they really jumped the shark on this one. It's ridiculous. I mean:

1. If they have beaten every race that came to galactic prominence time and time again over aeons, why does the ENTIRE army of Reapers at the end all look like Cuttlefish and not a variety of radically different races?

2. Can you imagine a giant human floating through space? Laughable! We're designed for 2D environments (the fish makes sense because the sea is a 3D environment) not outer space!

Just my 2p.
Well the human reaper is only in its infant stages and during the questline leading up to the "end" you got information stating that all races are not compatible to become reapers..

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
I waited until this month to get it as I had a feeling they'd be releasing some content for the game. Like a number of peeps have said the game's main quest line was a little linear, but then again I suppose that was for the fast food console junkies/Americans who have an attention span of a goldfish.

All in all a really good romp. Am looking forward to replaying it already and I only finished it on Friday.

Only things I'd change would be to make some of the zones a lot bigger and to add some more armour choices. Did anyone else think that the Death Mask helmet looked like Chodax wearing make up on a Saturday night out? It was bloody awful, I'd rather have imported a Herman Munster head than wear that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom