Martial Arts

Bahumat

FH is my second home
In and around Leeds...just goto their football club if you wanna become r0x0r at fighting!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anybody got any experience with Wing Tsun?

My next door neighbour is a brown sash in it. He challenged me to a game of sticky hands, and I almost broke his arm in three places LOL

Having said that, its a very good martial art.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
7 pages long and i just read it all, and I'm not overly bored, well done ppl :)

lamp your on form

and Binary Surfer, what other forms can you reccomend that use knees aside from muay tai?

been mulling over the martial arts idea for a while now, did some TKD and basic kick boxing as a kid but as others have said, football and athletics took a forefront once I hit high school and the martial arts got left behind :(

definitely not looking for something with fancy kicks though, a mixture of grapples counters and strikes from various ranges with all body parts is what I'm after- effective + fun sparring basically

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
I have some experience with WT aswell. And between alot of MA's i'd say Wing Tsun is a legit choice. However, the operative word here is self defence. WT is designed to give you a fighting chance against an attacker who might be bigger than you. By using what works, in an aggressive manor, rather than "passive" much in the way Krav Maga does things. But unless you are extremely good at it, a key thing is the element of surprise. As little Ms. Johnson suddenly fights back in a way that minimise the handicap her brittle frame gives her. That would most likely lag any pursesnatcher.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol just dont break your hand in the 11th week lass, t'urts!!

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
My cousin is a teacher of Wing Chun very simple but amazingly effective from what I've seen, if its good enough for Bruce Lee..

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Did Karate for 5 years got Brown belt and 2 grades away from black. Then decided to go into boxing which imo is still fun and I still love it:p.

/Wave everyone.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Did about 4 weeks of kickboxing and wasn't anything like fit enough for it. Lost about 50lbs and play sports three times a week now, so I might give a martial art another whirl.

I've always had a problem with my temper, and when you're my size (bit, although Lamp might be bigger!) it doesn't hurt to have some discipline and self-control as well as some skill in self-defence!

I don't live far from Naetha so I'll ask her for recommendations :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom