Map Pool

B

bigfoot

I'm after suggestions for what maps should make the cut for the new season. We need probably 8 different maps. Discuss :).

M

mr_greedy

Assuming I can get this piece of shit update to work sometime soon, of the new/altered maps I'd like to see de_torn and de_inferno in the mix. Storm is just too big for a 5v5 match (as that's what we seem to have decided on).
Of the old favourite, Dust is a must (ha! poetry!), and I think Office is the best of the hostage maps.
That's my 2 cents' worth anyway.

O

old.drc_lock

ok personal interest here i admit but i could finish polishing my map cs_inc and customise it for BWCSL if u'd like :D

tis a decent map i promise. have a look on my webby if you want:

http://www.thedigitalsoul.com

other than that:
de_torn yes plz
italy,
inferno,
prodigy,
cbble would make a nice change from dust,
estate cos its different to most maps these days

O

old.nge

Im pleased that BWCSL is going ahead as a 5v5. 6 People are generally harder to organise and as some1 already mentioned games are much more tactical with only 5 defending players.

I'm dissapointed that PB ain't gonna be used but as Ch3tan pointed out to me its hard and unfair on clans if PB plays up and a clan loses a round as a result. I think tho the admins should ask 3 random players to record a demo before the match. They can either be checked out or ignored after the game - either way itll scare the shi t out of those who wud use an aimbot.

I cant be arsed discussing maps now. I typed too much already

O

old.Lemming

Inferno is good
Torn 0wns
Italy is good
Prodigy? NOO NOT AGAIN!:)
Dust2 should be in there IMHO

O

old.nge

Militia was an amazing map to be included in the first season - everything worked so well in. There were no long waits and it provided a new tactical experiance.

In fact all of the maps were fine in my opinion except for cobble which sucked major ass. Can't it be replaced by a map more people like ?

oh and one final thing. Lemming sucks ass.

C

Ch3tan

Torn and inferno should be included.

Old classics dust, and its new prodge dust2.

Prodigy and militia.

Italy and cobble.

Thats my pick of 8 maps, italy and militia as the only hossie maps, de maps are betetr as hossie bugs can really ruin a game.

I would say thoose maps offer the best balanced gameplay, and expecially if u are using chargeonly rules.

M

Mophead

torn - Out of the new maps I think torn should defo make it in. The map looks fantastic and I am really eager to see how well it plays in a clan match, all those small winding allys and cut-backs.

Dust is an old favourite - you cant have a league without some dusty goodness :)

Dust2 should make it in - great map

inferno - I think they made some good improvements to this map - although it can be argued that it might be a tad big for 5v5 now.

cobble

prodigy

office

italy

personally i'm not a big fan of clan millitia - i dont like that little garage.

and cos this is the first time i;ve made a post, and i've just been looking at the smileys - :cowsleep: - that is fantastic hehe

O

old.nge

yeh i know you Mr Hold Your Horses,

sooooo...whens BWCSL starting ?

You can keep guessing who I am tho :firedevil

hahah BW has wicked smileys

O

old.Lemming

I could..... if I could be bothered

but it's a bit boring:sleeping:

O

old.[=G!R=]G4cE

hmm if i had my say, they would be ... :

torn
dust
nuke
dust2
estate ( yes u read right)
storm
prodigy
survivor

nuke : very tactical fast moving game, great match map.

estate : sums up what counter terrorism is in my opinion, should be in there as the hossy map

survivor : i think has great p[otential, and might make some interesting end of season games ?

there ya go :D

G4cE-

O

old.nge

So far people seem to agree that the following maps should definately make an appearance:

dust
dust2
prodigy
torn

and these are the maps people are debating:

(in order of personal preference ;)

|militia| (hehe this was a wickedly fun map to play)
|italy|
|estate| (interesting...)
|nuke|
|survivor| (pleaseeeee noooo boringly shit map)
|storm| (not pld it yet)
|cobble| (please dont stick this straightforward-no-excitement bit of trash in)
|de_ratz| (haha this map owns ur ass)

anyhow if you think that the map list is a little common/boring than why not consider de_dawn as a replacement to dust ?
Seriously tho, despite the fact that ppl will have to download it, it looks great & plays wonderfully. Every clan has played Dust a billion times before :+), DE_Dawn would provide a new experiance without the we-love-dust-whiners having a go.

M

mr_greedy

Interesting idea...
Dawn is a good change, but I can see a lot of complaints from people with lower system specs - it is a hell of a demanding map.

O

old.[-OF-]rosbeef

maps

i'd say

- dust
- cbble
- estate (to change a bit...)
- italy
- dust2
- inferno
- any other map
- any other map

PLEASE DON'T PUT ROTTERDAM OR VERTIGO COZ I REALLY :puke: AT IT WHEN I PLAY :p

Oh and i really want to tell everybody to try cs_alpin coz it's really ace (u can play it on customs maps servers) if you have a quick connection get the map pack it's worth it :) (l'oreal !)

cy@ all

French Terrorist

O

old.nge

Whats BWCSL waiting on now ?

cmooon bigfoot, move that lazy ass

O

old.[-OF-]rosbeef

afformative

yep! let's get in on with the killing!

O

old.nge

"..with the league likely to start on the 23rd or 30th of October"

----- O M G YOUR JOKING ??????????????????????????????

thats like 3 phookin years away that

B

bigfoot

You try sifting through 630 clans to find 35 suitable ones ;p.

G

Grom

1 - Dust
2 - Nuke
3 - Cobble
4 - Dust2
5 - Inferno
6 - Torn
7 - Aztec
8 - Prodigy

parp!

[GLtC]Grom

O

old.nge

'You try sifting through 630 clans to find 35 suitable ones ;p.'

i know i know, ur already workin ur ass off as it is

im just a really impatient bast@rd

O

old.-atl.James-

Grom has a nice list

1 - Dust
2 - Nuke
3 - Cobble
4 - Dust2
5 - Inferno : new map seem to be a good war map
6 - Aztec
7 - Prodigy
8 - One of the new maps: storm, survivor, torn, all of them having a nice warmap potential

CS maps are definitely not war maps, ending in boring hossies camping, without any tactics :/. estate is only a public map imo, militia is gonna end in a garage camping party for example.

nge: nuke, cobble and aztec are MUSTS, being amongst the best warmaps :).

O

old.sanction

I would like to see these maps in the league, all good maps for clan matches imo.

Italy
Prodigy
Militia
Dust2

O

old.nge

hehehe -atl.James- - CS maps can be fun if its CO rules :+)

trust me :)

nothin better than to shoot a couple of CTs in their backs while theyre runnin off with the hossies heheewe

G

Grom

I like Italy a lot but I feel it's had its day as regards playing league wars on it. Always up for a friendly on it, but I'd hate to have a seasonal decider on it, as it can be very frustrating indeed. It's too easy to defend, same for militia. Militia was the worst map last season, by far. Estate is an amusing map on publics, but not good for leagues - and I have tried it in a clanwar, it wasn't very fun.

I'd stick with de maps, and there are plenty of them. I would like to see torn going in; survivor is a gimmick map and storm is both virtually identical to dust and a bit too dull really. New inferno is great. Aztec is class, cobble is anything but straightforward, prodigy I have a kind of love-hate relationship with but it is a good map, Nuke is so wonderfully well balanced, Dust2 is a great rushy map and Dust is fun for a scrap...

that is all

O

old.seekjonesie

Keep it balanced

split it 50/50 to stop all these lan crazy clans cleaning up due to too many de's

4 de 4 cs

de_dust
de_dust2
de_aztec
de_torn

cs_italy
cs_office
cs_militia
cs_estate

O

old.dookie

de_dust
de_inferno
de_train
de_cbble
de_dust2
de_prodigy
de_nuke
de_aztec

Its gotta be de maps only, would u want a vital match against your closest rival to be in the hands of the counter strike hostage code?

C

Ch3tan

Actually dookie thats a very good list, but I think you do need a token cs map.

Anyway the final list is up on website, all de :)

O

old.mraargh

maps

dust, dust2, prodigy, inferno, italy, aztec, office, torn

Users who are viewing this thread