Film Man of Steel trailer

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Only one gripe; do we really need to see the origin story after all these years?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
We had to see the Batman and Spiderman origin twice, so why not?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, it's not a big issue, but it could easily drop it for more new stuff. Same was with batman and spidey(rather useless there too ;)) Unless the origin is chnaged somewhat to explain "new" superman.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I just find supermans story so boring. Mr goody two shoes who does no wrong. Is pretty much invincible except for one item the bad guys get in abundance.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well to be fair the last Superman origin story movie (rather than TV) was 34 years ago... (I agree about Spider-Man though, although I understand why they did it).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well have to see, it's not necessaarily bad as long as they keep it a bit fresh and don't overdo it. We all know he's going to be superman, so getting to that part in the last 30 minutes is a bit meh.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The original Superman films were awful. There, it's said.

At least the new guy has an occasional beard...er yeah.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Another fucking origin thing? Ffs - just watch Smallville. It's probably better than the films anyway.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Another fucking origin thing? Ffs - just watch Smallville. It's probably better than the films anyway.

Smallville is awesome damn that was a great 10 seasons, and one of the best endings of a television series.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Smallville is awesome damn that was a great 10 seasons, and one of the best endings of a television series.

Best ending? Really? When I watched it I felt more like they'd forgotten they actually needed to show him as Superman and had to cram everything into the last 10 minutes.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Re-inventing Spiderman was a very good idea. Stop being so fucking miserable.

Edit: :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
'The Amazing Spiderman' was not all that amazing.
I was disappointed with the film. Much preferred the one with Tobey Maguire.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The fights in The Amazing Spiderman were very good - the combat actually had proper spidey-swinging included in the choreography, instead of just having him use his abilities to occasionally leap into or out of trouble. The use of the web in the sewers was excellent. Some nice (although cheesey) touches like the sequence with cranes and workmen as well as Stan Lee's rather awesome cameo (terricheesey but cracked me up because it was sooooo at odds with the rest of the film). The rest of it was like Twilight generation shit.

Looking forward to the Man Of Steel film. Superman is way, way down my list of enjoyable superheroes but I still quite like him. I still have a fondness for the 1978 version. Gene Hackman is ace though I really didn't like Margot Kidder in the Lois role. Unlikely to bother seeing Man of Steel at the cinema, will wait for small screen release.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Only one gripe; do we really need to see the origin story after all these years?

Have to agree, sick of seeing the space baby story over and over and over :p

That said it looks alright, defo better than the last recent superman atleast.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture

It was great apart from the whole keeping his secret, secret thing going on forever, Chloe crying in more or less every episode, filler episodes more than the season story arcs etc. Oh and the series finale being totally wank, problem being no titanic fights, hell even the season 6 finale had more action. Apart from that it was good.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah i did love Smallville when it was on, but there was so many issues it soured it a bit.

I think the biggest one for me was Tom Welling not wearing the suit-proper in the finale, waited 10 years for it and the producers teased that he would, only for them to turn their back on it.
The monsters were a bit of a disapointment. Doomsday was good, but then virtually no fighting took place. They didn't even try with Darkseid.

I enjoyed Callum Blue's Zod, and when they "merged" as well. Lex was also amazing throughout it all.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Yeah i did love Smallville when it was on, but there was so many issues it soured it a bit.

I think the biggest one for me was Tom Welling not wearing the suit-proper in the finale, waited 10 years for it and the producers teased that he would, only for them to turn their back on it.
The monsters were a bit of a disapointment. Doomsday was good, but then virtually no fighting took place. They didn't even try with Darkseid.

I enjoyed Callum Blue's Zod, and when they "merged" as well. Lex was also amazing throughout it all.

Agreed, I found that feeling to the show too.

Although the young Zod never really captured me as this fearful charismatic leader.

I can't remember what he wore in the final episode, what was it ?

I loved the show, but often was just waiting for something more :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thing about superman(smallville included) and batman is that you only really watch them for the villains/other heroes.

Gray

FH is my second home
In the very final scene of Smallville all Tom wore was a T Shirt with the "S" logo on it, but for the scenes where he was "Superman" they where at a distance because they were CGI. Tsk tsk. Was sad really because in the early episodes of the last season they displayed the actual suit-proper. Hohum.

opticle

Part of the furniture
In the very final scene of Smallville all Tom wore was a T Shirt with the "S" logo on it, but for the scenes where he was "Superman" they where at a distance because they were CGI. Tsk tsk. Was sad really because in the early episodes of the last season they displayed the actual suit-proper. Hohum.

Ah yes, I remember this, and you're right, that was lame :/ I loved the show's concept, although they fucked about in the middle with some things I thought (the constant Lana love story).

I was mega upset when they killed off the teleporting girl in the same episode she made a come back. That was :cry::cry::cry:. However, Clark then seemed to have forgotten all about it in the following episode, which was lame.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I thought Smallville was absolute dogshit. "We want to do Superman but don't have an effects budget"...for ten fucking years.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Never watched it. From the ads it looked like superman meets Dawson's creek so I avoided it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's not perfect ofcourse, but a good/adequate superhero series is better then no superhero series ;)

opticle

Part of the furniture
On Topic:

Finally got around to watching the trailer. It's a good trailer.

Also, Director: Zack Snyder (Watchmen and 300) and Producer: Chris Nolan ?

Fuck yes. Now I'm excited for this.

Gray

FH is my second home
man-of-steel-henry-cavill-empire.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom