man down !

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Sorry to see you go Iain, best wishes for the future.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The guy was a tool but its a shame he has had to leave :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You dont even know me or my history with him.

So take your petty insults and go fuck yourself.

I don't need to know any of that (even if I do know)... my reaction was based on you childishly (along with some others, seemingly dragged down to your leve) feeling the need to insult someone in a post aimed at nothing more than a *wave and take care* to someone who has been on these forums doing their job.

Would you go up to a work colleague at their leaving do and say 'about time you left, cos you're shit' ? If you did so, regardless of how good the colleague was or wasn't, would you NOT expect to be called a wanker for doing so? The sensible and sane employee would simply not go to the colleague's leaving do, and you can do the forum equivalent... fuck off and keep your comments out of this thread.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sad to see some people are so petty they bear a grudge for such a long time over something so trivial. It's obvious from the venom that this still burns, sad that he has not let go of that.

I had several run-ins and arguments with Requiel over the years, but i certainly would never bear a grudge like that. To me after it's over, it's over, move on.

Good luck Requiel, you will be missed by many of us.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Good luck mate, even if people might think otherwise I personally believe you did a great job.

Not everyone can be happy with certain decisions, which is what the TT-incident is about anyway (and I truly disagreed on that decision :p)

Sad to see you go anyway :(

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Would you go up to a work colleague at their leaving do and say 'about time you left, cos you're shit' ? If you did so, regardless of how good the colleague was or wasn't, would you NOT expect to be called a wanker for doing so? The sensible and sane employee would simply not go to the colleague's leaving do, and you can do the forum equivalent... fuck off and keep your comments out of this thread.
`

Requiel is not our colleague though. He is someone we payed for a service. If the service is shit and you're being lied to, you have every right to complain.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
`

Requiel is not our colleague though. He is someone we payed for a service. If the service is shit and you're being lied to, you have every right to complain.

No, goon, you pay GOA for a service, not Iain. Complain to GOA all you like, but take your shite out of what is a farewell thread.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
No, goon, you pay GOA for a service, not Iain. Complain to GOA all you like, but take your shite out of what is a farewell thread.

and GOA doesnt pay Iain to provide us service? :m00:

it's nothing personal, it's how things work. You don't do your job properly, you get told off and asked to leave. Simple as. I'm not saying he's a dick, he's just not the right man for the job.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Love the losers getting all heated up at a chance to jump on someone when hes down fuck me you wouldnt think DAOC was a game at all.

I know, I know before you start posting back.... You guys had phat lewt and 25gazillion rp's one time.

Your friend shouldnt get so upset about something on an internet forum regarding a game. He may actually need to seek help before he starts beating on the elderly and helpless to get off.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
TT got a kicking (read:bans) for abusing the DAoC system. Looks like they're never letting go of that rotting old bone. Their ire has nothing to do with the quality or lack thereof from GOA GMs, but the fact they abused the system and were punished.

Inconveniently for them some of us remember that side of the story too ;)

Move on, get over it. Be men enough to take your lumps, not whiny brats.

The rest of us remember the good that Req and co did in the community and that if anything is what this thread should be about.

Nate

FH is my second home
iirc, only one member of TT got banned and that was only for a few days. Did you get this from reading a thread on FH Roo? Seems you've got your facts mixed up.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
just goes to show in this thread how many sociopaths are out there

:m00:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
and GOA doesnt pay Iain to provide us service? :m00:

it's nothing personal, it's how things work. You don't do your job properly, you get told off and asked to leave. Simple as. I'm not saying he's a dick, he's just not the right man for the job.

Sorry but you blame the company not the spokesperson. The golden rule of CSR is you can say what you want about the company but anything personal is just bad manners. You blame him personally for a companies position without knowing him at all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
TT got a kicking (read:bans) for abusing the DAoC system.

Sorry, I know its an old subject and really should be left 6 feet under but all they did was what everyone else was doing at the time, lowering the level of a keep with the intention of releasing a relic which was captured in a lame way (3am or whatever)
Requiel decided to suspend them because in this instance Albion lost a relic, the realm he himself played. Whenever it happened to any other realm previously it was fine, people had even queried it over rightnow and were told they were free to do whatever they like to their own keep level. I think that was the reason so many people were pissed off over it. He tried to run the community, not assist it. Then ofc there was the constant promises of "working on something" with hints of clustering with other EU server which he maintained for nearly a year until he jumped ship to warhammer. He basically had no idea at all about RvR in daoc having only got a couple of 100 thousand RP on his main (a paladin)

He was out of his depth, through no fault of his own but he helped me out on more than one occasion when we had an issue on a master level raid, was always polite and helpful when spoken to in-game. It was kind of funny the first few times he spawned high level mobs on people for no other reason except his mates were getting spanked hard by the soloers.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter any more does it? :)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Later req, good luck with new job:drink:

and keep it on topic, isntead of slaggering eachother off :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, I know its an old subject and really should be left 6 feet under but all they did was what everyone else was doing at the time, lowering the level of a keep with the intention of releasing a relic which was captured in a lame way (3am or whatever)
Requiel decided to suspend them because in this instance Albion lost a relic, the realm he himself played. Whenever it happened to any other realm previously it was fine, people had even queried it over rightnow and were told they were free to do whatever they like to their own keep level. I think that was the reason so many people were pissed off over it. He tried to run the community, not assist it. Then ofc there was the constant promises of "working on something" with hints of clustering with other EU server which he maintained for nearly a year until he jumped ship to warhammer. He basically had no idea at all about RvR in daoc having only got a couple of 100 thousand RP on his main (a paladin)

He was out of his depth, through no fault of his own but he helped me out on more than one occasion when we had an issue on a master level raid, was always polite and helpful when spoken to in-game. It was kind of funny the first few times he spawned high level mobs on people for no other reason except his mates were getting spanked hard by the soloers.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter any more does it? :)

You are eloquent Raven, you managed all that without mentioning SotG ;)

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Good luck in the future Req :worthy:, and thanks for all the help in the past :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
what everyone else was doing at the time

Actually noone else was doing it at the time - there might have been guilds that would claim keeps/towers and drop them to level 1 (IIRC it was just people releasing the keep - which is an entirely different matter) but noone had done it with a relic inside the keep before then.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Actually noone else was doing it at the time - there might have been guilds that would claim keeps/towers and drop them to level 1 (IIRC it was just people releasing the keep - which is an entirely different matter) but noone had done it with a relic inside the keep before then.

IIRC people had done it before, but I am not completely sure. What I do know for a fact though is that people actually brought back the relic to the other realm by dropping it for them to pick up. This happened more than once on both EU and US servers. This 'offense' to me seems much greater as we at least kept it protected (albeit by a lvl 1 keep), while they just returned it to their 'owners'.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck for the future, you were a good GM. I can remember a time at Erinys Charm artifact when you came to us and sorted it out when we couldn't get it to work properly. In fact you made it "work" a few times for us that evening :)

but, and there is no getting away from this fact...

Whether it was Req, or other people at GOA, the decisions over the TT incident effectively killed the server, or at least seriously shortened its lifespan, and it could and should have been handled differently on all sides. My opinion btw, TT did nothing wrong. Sure what they did wasn't in the spirit of the game, but neither was taking relics in the middle of the night either but I didn't see anyone getting suspended for that.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Best of luck
Hopefully you find a fun job better suited to your talents

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Best of luck Ian! You've been doing some great work for both DAoC and WAR.

P.S Hopefully you have already found some other job, maybe apply to Darkfall Online crew.. looks like they need help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom