Make a Server with No Cata classes and OF ?

Do you want to make a server with OF and no cata classes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xiane

Fledgling Freddie
As in the last poll it was so popular to bring back OF why not make a new server?

Glastonbury is dieing a slow death cause its basically the same as a normal server without the TOA bouneses.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah lets make the population even more spread out.
It's time they merge more servers not create more pointless ones which have a max lifespan of 3 months.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
Yeah lets make the population even more spread out.
It's time they merge more servers not create more pointless ones which have a max lifespan of 3 months.

People might come back if they brought out a si one....

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Xiane said:
As in the last poll it was so popular to bring back OF why not make a new server?

Glastonbury is dieing a slow death cause its basically the same as a normal server without the TOA bouneses.

Its never going to happen, wishing for OF is a lost cause if your that desperate to play it there are freeshards.

I would how ever love to see a server with JUST Classic/SI BUT with SC removed. would make the game a lot more intresting and vared imho.

its just no fun these days fighting ppl you know are gonna have every stat caped etc.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
tis the hib zergs IMO that are killing glast ... not the "normal server without toa bonus' '" factor .

i'd like to see some sorta safety flag introduced .. but it has a few settings with it...dont know if its possible but i would like to think it could work like this...

in daoc we got 4 kinds of player

the 8v8 player
the 1v1 player
the zerg player
the pve'r

lets take the soloer as example.

he can stick his solo flag on .. so when he is flagged as solo ,, he can only be attacked by a certain amount of players at any one time... lets say 2 for example... hence if the soloer came across a fg they couldnt wipe him out cos there is 8 in that group.

if a fg has GROUP FLag on and they was fignting fairly vs another fg ... NO fg's could add and attack them due to it being a 8v8 encounter where flags have activated for those 1st two groups nwhome engaged each other.

for zerg v zerg maybe the keeps/towers and relic storage areas have a radius so any1 in that radius regardless of there flag status can be zerged etc etc "this would cancel out fg's abusing the flag system by running into a zerg knowing the zerg cant harm them .

im sure this kinda thing would be possible "they have safety flags in pvp server" and they have the keep radius thing for when we /release lord at keeps.

this way everybody hasa a chance to play DAOC the way THEY ENJOY IT.. 1v1 .. 8v8 or zergs .

any1 else think this would be a good thing?

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
I actually thought classic server would have been of and just SI, thats why its called classic non? Dont think they will do this :(

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Phooka said:
I actually thought classic server would have been of and just SI, thats why its called classic non? Dont think they will do this :(

clasisc server was never meant to be classic ... Mythic called it Alternative Rules Server or sumthing like that... It was the american player base that dubbed it Classic Server and the name stuck.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
[HB]Jpeg said:
tis the hib zergs IMO that are killing glast ... not the "normal server without toa bonus' '" factor .

i'd like to see some sorta safety flag introduced .. but it has a few settings with it...dont know if its possible but i would like to think it could work like this...

the 8v8 player
the 1v1 player
the zerg player
the pve'r

he can stick his solo flag on .. so when he is flagged as solo ,, he can only be attacked by a certain amount of players at any one time... lets say 2 for example... hence if the soloer came across a fg they couldnt wipe him out cos there is 8 in that group.

if a fg has GROUP FLag on and they was fignting fairly vs another fg ... NO fg's could add and attack them due to it being a 8v8 encounter where flags have activated for those 1st two groups nwhome engaged each other.

for zerg v zerg maybe the keeps/towers and relic storage areas have a radius so any1 in that radius regardless of there flag status can be zerged etc etc "this would cancel out fg's abusing the flag system by running into a zerg knowing the zerg cant harm them .

im sure this kinda thing would be possible "they have safety flags in pvp server" and they have the keep radius thing for when we /release lord at keeps.

this way everybody hasa a chance to play DAOC the way THEY ENJOY IT.. 1v1 .. 8v8 or zergs .

thats all very well but its just not rvr

i would rather people who relaly wanted 1v1s had an instance to go to or maybe a bg where you can't group

personally i don't mind soloing in the rvr areas. If i am really bothered about adds i just move away from Beno

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
pez said:
thats all very well but its just not rvr

i would rather people who relaly wanted 1v1s had an instance to go to or maybe a bg where you can't group

personally i don't mind soloing in the rvr areas. If i am really bothered about adds i just move away from Beno
ideally a soloers bg would be awesome .. but in a solo bg even tho cant grp u will still have a duo's running in tandem ungrpd.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
[HB]Jpeg said:

the 8v8 player
the 1v1 player
the zerg player
the pve'r

its an ok idea but, you have to take into account that a rr11grp, will wipe the floor with a rr3grp, unless those rr11s are morons.

Would require a pointsystem where ml+RR gives a value, added to a groups pool, put maxnr of points in a group of 100. rr3ml1 is worth 10 points, rr11ml10 is worth 15 points. Wouldnt be hard to come up with a decent formula for it to make it balanced.

Yes, im actually suggesting larger groups than 8, for the lowbies. Then, your suggested system will work out very well I believe and I'd love to see it ingame too.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
its an ok idea but, you have to take into account that a rr11grp, will wipe the floor with a rr3grp, unless those rr11s are morons.

Would require a pointsystem where ml+RR gives a value, added to a groups pool, put maxnr of points in a group of 100. rr3ml1 is worth 10 points, rr11ml10 is worth 15 points. Wouldnt be hard to come up with a decent formula for it to make it balanced.

Yes, im actually suggesting larger groups than 8, for the lowbies. Then, your suggested system will work out very well I believe and I'd love to see it ingame too.

well the system you are looking for it in Warhammer, where you can have instanced RVR , for 1v1 2v2 etc etc.. u will just have to wait a while for it :)

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
Woted no.

2 Reasons

a. Old frontier is a step back.
b. We need fewer High populated servers instead of servers with 500-1000 players on, lets have a few regardless of language with 2500-3000 players online. Much more will be going on.

Best and most funny server to play RvR on ever was "Gorre" :p

Regards

Vonwar

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
no because NF >>> OF, if people cba to move away from the bridges

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
OF will be the new Battleground (Atleast Emain). We dont need a new Server and especially not one with OF.

P

Pretarded

stupidest idea ever.
On US they have like 5servers clustered in one already xD

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Another new server poll, /yawn

Theres already too much diversity in the different servers, another lemon would just kill the game more, look at camlann and glast, FOTM for 10 mins then it dies, get used to it, normal servers should be priority, where theres something for everyone and not just "i want it my way" ones.

Concentrate your bleeting on fixing whats wrong with the normal servers by using the official dev boards on VN before posting more crappy polls that will destroy the player base more than it already has.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
First of all.
We dont have the population for it.

Second of all.
Goa wont ever do it, even if US does it, wich i strongly doubt will ever happen.

Thirdly.
I tried this No cata classes OF server on freeshards, and im far from impressed, I prefer NF any day.

Fourthleh!
Shut the fuck up.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
[HB]Jpeg said:

the 8v8 player
the 1v1 player
the zerg player
the pve'r

nope because whatever we think bout different stuff its the factor you dont know what comin to ya that keeps the game alive

if you are 100% sure you get fair fights all the time. you have fun for a month then get bored.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Chimaira said:
nope because whatever we think bout different stuff its the factor you dont know what comin to ya that keeps the game alive

if you are 100% sure you get fair fights all the time. you have fun for a month then get bored.

I liked classic server because I dont have to buy a second account just to compete. Anyone that thinks they can compete on cluster without a buffbot needs their head examined.

PerfectBuffs.JPG

Made me remember back to cluster :p

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Never ever gonna happen stop fucking giving yourself hope for crap that's never going to happen

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Thadius said:
Anyone that thinks they can compete on cluster without a buffbot needs their head examined.
Anyone that thinks the 'classic' servers were a good thing for the game needs their head examined.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Svartmetall said:
Anyone that thinks the 'classic' servers were a good thing for the game needs their head examined.

How so?

Classic is a more level playing field than the "you must have a buffbot" to compete on Cluster. Not to mention you need to be toaed to do so.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
How so?

Classic is a more level playing field than the "you must have a buffbot" to compete on Cluster. Not to mention you need to be toaed to do so.

The buffbot thing might be true to a certain extend but it still means the "hardcore" players run fully buffed and the not so hardcore players run halfly or unbuffed.

But the "you don't have to pve as much on classic as on toa server" is just plain bullshit.

I have fully toa'd/templated several characters now in well under 3 days played ... I don't think that fully templating a character on classic (which involves what 20/30/40 DS runs?) can be done significantly faster then that.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
<sight> all this "pwease let us have OF" is kinda getting old :(

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Duh, splitting the playerbase. 'Classic' servers were the stupidest thing Mythic ever did.

If you miss me that much come Alb/Glast :p

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
OF was pants and so is this idea.

If you're not happy with the state of the game as it is then sod off to a freeshard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom