Make a Server with No Cata classes and OF ?

Do you want to make a server with OF and no cata classes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
The buffbot thing might be true to a certain extend but it still means the "hardcore" players run fully buffed and the not so hardcore players run halfly or unbuffed..

And its usually the hardcore players that actually venture away from bridges, which is my play style

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Gone over this with 100 people arguing... OF is a bad idea; is IS a step back. You'll like OF for the first few months then get sick of it, Agramon is a better place to RvR.

(Oh, and if you think I know nothing about what players want- I'm one of the GMs of the shard that uses OF first (About 2-3 months ago); our player base is sick of it now (well, anyone who's higher than RR3) - They all want Agra back because you know where the action is going to be - it's not just at one bridge.

So NF is the better place to RvR, there are more places to go AND you can get some decent 1v1s if you stay away from the bridges.

Oh; and regarding the catacomb classes - You want to waste an expansion pack?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
[HB]Jpeg said:
if a fg has GROUP FLag on and they was fignting fairly vs another fg ... NO fg's could add and attack them due to it being a 8v8 encounter where flags have activated for those 1st two groups nwhome engaged each other.

any1 else think this would be a good thing?

Simply no.. Keep is getting sieged and the defending realm is inc with 1 fg..

They put flag on and only 8ppl from the zerg can attack em? :eek7:

Edit: If you want a server with no catacombs and OF go play freeshards :m00:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Reading the list of people who voted yes, I dont know half of them, the no votes all come from players I know well and are old school players. One of the yes votes even came from a banned haxor-ebaying-cheats moron.

It seems the older players dont want it back because we have been there seen it got the t-shirt, where newer players seem to be thinking OF might be something different. Ill bet theres also ppl voting on this poll that never even saw OF, so really they cant comment.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
old.Whoodoo said:
Reading the list of people who voted yes, I dont know half of them, the no votes all come from players I know well and are old school players. One of the yes votes even came from a banned haxor-ebaying-cheats moron.

It seems the older players dont want it back because we have been there seen it got the t-shirt, where newer players seem to be thinking OF might be something different. Ill bet theres also ppl voting on this poll that never even saw OF, so really they cant comment.

I completely agree. I voted no because NF is a great place; people wanted nostalgia and they got it with the shard. But now it's time to carry on with NF.

Gamah

Banned
Svartmetall said:
No, it's a better place to 8v8.

SJG82-2218.jpg

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
wtf? why do we see these kind of polls every day? havent people gotten used to the fact that it aint going to happen? :eek:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:

That doesn't mean the idea is invalid though.

But having said that I don't think OF should come back but I aren't a huge fan of NF either. How about NNF? I've said before I reckon the problem with NF is scale and all the areas of nothing and the boredom of having to sit on a boat.

Why not just make it smaller and have a permanent port open to each other's places a lá ATK/MTK/HTK? Would make the most sense.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
RS|Phil said:
That doesn't mean the idea is invalid though.

But having said that I don't think OF should come back but I aren't a huge fan of NF either. How about NNF? I've said before I reckon the problem with NF is scale and all the areas of nothing and the boredom of having to sit on a boat.

Why not just make it smaller and have a permanent port open to each other's places a lá ATK/MTK/HTK? Would make the most sense.
I agree with most of this, but I do think the idea of dragging OF back and killing catacombes is like rolling back the clock too much. TBH I am sickened that 99.99999% of the playerbase paid good money for an expansion thats already been removed on servers, and now someone is asking for another pay for expansion to be removed. Whats next, remove mounts, Aegir Isle, bonedancers, necros, reavers and what the heck, roll back to 1.38....theres only so much rolling back you can do before people get bored again.

Add to this the dwindling numbers on the main servers coupled with wasted resources in the form of 2 near dead FOTM ones, 3 non-english servers with populations so low they cant do a single ML and the fact another server would probably cost us in ££, show me some way its at all feasable in todays climate and Ill reconsider....

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
I agree with most of this, but I do think the idea of dragging OF back and killing catacombes is like rolling back the clock too much. TBH I am sickened that 99.99999% of the playerbase paid good money for an expansion thats already been removed on servers, and now someone is asking for another pay for expansion to be removed. Whats next, remove mounts, Aegir Isle, bonedancers, necros, reavers and what the heck, roll back to 1.38....theres only so much rolling back you can do before people get bored again.

Add to this the dwindling numbers on the main servers coupled with wasted resources in the form of 2 near dead FOTM ones, 3 non-english servers with populations so low they cant do a single ML and the fact another server would probably cost us in ££, show me some way its at all feasable in todays climate and Ill reconsider....

Not sure that was aimed at me because I agreed it can't work, not like that.
I reckon modifying new frontiers to be a smaller and have permanent ports is the next logical stop, like the BGs still have the portal keeps and it works fine - nothing wrong with that on a macro scale is there? Not a copy but something with the features that's innovative..... the next expansion is gonna be RvR oriented so I'd expect something like that to arise.

Hopefully we won't get into the anti-toa debate because that's been done to death but I don't agree that having none TOA servers is bad though because unless you've played there you can't understand how happy we all are that TOA isn't there. Frankly, many of the people playing there just wouldn't be playing DAoC at all if the option hadn't arisen, myself included and I've been playing since day one so the consideration I took to jack in DAoC totally wasn't a light one - I'm just happy a new avenue opened up. :)

And they are by no means near dead either!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
RS|Phil said:
Not sure that was aimed at me because I agreed it can't work, not like that.
Not aiming at you bud, just a general rant, hoping that some people look at this more objectionately rather than just clicking the "yes" button.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
People mentioning freeshards make baby jesus cry, and fuck up the population of the real ones, so please shut up about them eh.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
I liked classic server because I dont have to buy a second account just to compete. Anyone that thinks they can compete on cluster without a buffbot needs their head examined.

PerfectBuffs.JPG

Made me remember back to cluster :p

Heretics and Vamps can.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i am sure mythic/goa would do it IMEDIATELY if it didn`t mean running more physical servers for a population that is not growing and as a result would only empty existing servers even more.

what we all want is more empty and dead servers.

i wish goa hadn`t made glastonburry. excall and pryd might have been more alive then.

asking for new servers in an age where goa could probably add an extra server to excall/pryd one (hey, there is no 3rd english server) to increase population is madness imho.

how much fun are empty servers ???

U

Underhand_Tactics

Xiane said:
Glastonbury ... its basically the same as a normal server without the TOA bouneses.

That's what makes it good!

No TOA. Oh and buff changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom