[INFO] Magus nerf inc :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Would you have agreed that Chaotic Rift was gamebreaking if my signature told you I was playing a Squig Herder or a Shadow Warrior?

i never said it wasnt game breaking, i havent come across it myself (destro toon main is 28, order is only 15) so cant comment on it. but i was mearely saying i think there are more important things that could be fixed first, mainly cos in a scenario i have seen up to 50% BWs, and never more than 2 or 3 Magus', so the number of instances of said bug is less than the number of times other stuff happens :)

and i was just amused because whenever you say X or Y is broken, you always get someone who plays exactly that who comes out to defend it :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
i never said it wasnt game breaking, i havent come across it myself (destro toon main is 28, order is only 15) so cant comment on it. but i was mearely saying i think there are more important things that could be fixed first, mainly cos in a scenario i have seen up to 50% BWs, and never more than 2 or 3 Magus', so the number of instances of said bug is less than the number of times other stuff happens :)

and i was just amused because whenever you say X or Y is broken, you always get someone who plays exactly that who comes out to defend it :p

You did, however, say that it wasn't important. I find it quite funny that you state this despite only having reached level 28, you have been no where near end-game RvR so how the hell could you know? :)

No, it wasn't a rare occurence. In fact, still isn't, just to a lesser extent, there's still the bug with it ignoring all line of sight (walls, keep doors) but that's a different story. "2 or 3 Magus'" is more than enough to AoE farm Order like mobs at their spawn camp (and yes, if it was the other way around - Rift was always 12 max, Magnet had unlimited bug) I'd say the same thing.

I don't quite see your point about defending it either, generally you're right with that statement but as said above you haven't experienced end-game content so you have no real idea what effect it had before the hotfix.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

Because Scenario's mean everything
Damage in scenario's means everything
if you cant get around BW, you suck as a player
Sorc's are basically the same, but ofc you dont whine about them
You probably play a WE, if so then lol

I call you a noob sir, as your BW ranting is pathetic at best, if you would like an argument about this please create another thread and I will happily rip you apart as I have all the little whiney cry baby destro losers on the Warhammer Aliiance forum

sick of all the losers calling nerf a month after the game comes out and aint even out of T2/T3 yet

eksdee

FH is my second home
stacking dots need a nerf. other than that bws aren't that bad.

the rift thing needed fixing for sure, but it will still be ridiculously overpowered for an organized scenario group to farm rp/xp to be honest.

Mabs

I call you a noob sir, as your BW ranting is pathetic at best, if you would like an argument about this please create another thread and I will happily rip you apart as I have all the little whiney cry baby destro losers on the Warhammer Aliiance forum

sick of all the losers calling nerf a month after the game comes out and aint even out of T2/T3 yet

oh look, another BW failure as a player
read what i wrote, im not the one -ranting- that would be you

i can quite happily "get round" a BW, i just get bored of people like you who gravitate towards them because they would struggle to play anything else

but quick, make some more personal attacks against me, before anyone realises you havent actually denied your class is broken, oh wait, no ! someone has seen through you , shame !

please try harder next time

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I'm wondering, does the Hex removal actually removes all the Dots stacked?

Mabs

which one and which dots ?
the zealot one removes one effect on a 5 sec cooldown, dont know about any others

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

i dont think so, any time i have used it, very little difference is made to the health drop. I will try to test this in some way tonight if someone cant confirm here, I THINK it just removes one random dot, not every dot of one kind (if thats what u mean?)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
which one and which dots ?
the zealot one removes one effect on a 5 sec cooldown, dont know about any others

Yeh i mean, Bws Dots are Hexes, so they are removable on paper.
I sincerly don't know how it works cause i can't even keep track on Debuffs with my Am atm (the refresh kills my fps).
Was just wondering if they are effectively removable, that it.

Mabs

the zealot hex remove removes one "curse or hex"
now i dont know how it priorities that, curse first cos its listed in that order ? or the longest lasting effect? or whatever

but its basically a waste of time, by the time you cast it you , you will have the effect again.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Priceless :lol:

On Alliance forums I've read lots of BW rants never seen one ripped apart by you or any other BW. If you cannot fathom why people want your DoT's toned down, unstacked or replaced by a casterable DD spell your the one sufferring delusions!

So sorc is basically the same. Wow our insta DoT hits for 60-140 per tick at R30 compared to 300-400+ by BW. Your DoTs stack, Sorc only gets one. We both get castable bolts, yours is to mutiple targets (3 or 4?). We both get castable PBAOE and GTAOE. Think Sorc's does more damage but not by much. You can move out of a GTAOE/PBAOE - cant move away from an insta cast DoT.

Please give links to your self congratulating, awe inspiring retorts on Warhammer Alliance forums. I have not had a good laugh all morning. Probably the same wank we read for years from Whorelock players in DAOC. Oh wait, you weren't one of them as well were you?

Oh, I kill lots of BW's on DoK do I win a medal?

aika

Can't get enough of FH

On Alliance forums I've read lots of BW rants never seen one ripped apart by you or any other BW. If you cannot fathom why people want your DoT's toned down, unstacked or replaced by a casterable DD spell your the one sufferring delusions!

So sorc is basically the same. Wow our insta DoT hits for 60-140 per tick at R30 compared to 300-400+ by BW. Your DoTs stack, Sorc only gets one. We both get castable bolts, yours is to mutiple targets (3 or 4?). We both get castable PBAOE and GTAOE. Think Sorc's does more damage but not by much. You can move out of a GTAOE/PBAOE - cant move away from an insta cast DoT.

Please give links to your self congratulating, awe inspiring retorts on Warhammer Alliance forums. I have not had a good laugh all morning. Probably the same wank we read for years from Whorelock players in DAOC. Oh wait, you weren't one of them as well were you?

sorc base dot and bw base dot are exactly the same

here's a very good read about the differences between the 2:
Sorceress vs. Bright Wizard In depth look - Warhammer Forums

both get some nice tactics, bws get more dots, sorc burst single target dmg is higher - overall bw is better due to stacking dots, instant silence and playing with fire.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Not sure of the priority on removal of DoTs, I'd place my bets on either on random or the 1st that was applied. As far as I know every class that has the ability to dispel a curse/hex has a 5s cooldown, and you can remove BW DoT's though they are easily re-applied. I use Cauterize very often :p

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Finally a balanced post Aika. Just a question to all the players shouting for a BW nerf, should any other order class get a boost or do you just want destruction to win? Could you please elaborate on that instead of just shouting for a nerf which I don't think is constructive.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

but hurt sorcerors make me laugh, just because every single spell is not a mirror image of the opposite doesnt mean they are not the same. They both deal high damage and both are squishy as hell with the added backlash mechanic.

I dot things you flat out nuke them, different playstyle same end results. Go cry me a river of tears.

I can go fish about 10 threads from Warhammer Aliiance with the same piss-ants spouting bullshit and trying to back their pathetic claims up with on-paper spell by spell comparrisons, I lold hard.

If you think the BW is OP then the sorceror must be also, because they are in effect the same f*cking class.

and to the other guy just lol, dont make assuptions about me because YOU suck. I have played MMO's for many many years and I have always excelled at them, I have played my BW from day one of release, I didnt roll the class as 'fotm' or any other reason than I like the idea behind the class and I like fire based casters.

I own ass in scenario's, not because I'm OP but mostly because destruction are stupid. They group up and let me get millions of AoE damage, they never bother to target me and have run straight past me gunning for engineers and tanks etc on numerous occasions.

I struggle to play another class ? I have a Runepriest alt that is higher than your main character lol, who also always tops the healing charts in scenario's I also have a lvl 11 Marauder and some other classes (about lvl 7 Sorc, and a couple of other ones I barely play)

But still maybe play the game a bit more before you talk shit, your highest lvl char is lvl 28 ? how can you even talk about balance at that lvl.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I dot things you flat out nuke them, different playstyle same end results. Go cry me a river of tears.

That's the point it's not the same end result at all. You can move out of range during the cast of a nuke and almost certainly will before a second or third is cast, you can't move out of range of a dot before its cast and it doesn't need casting again. Nukes can be and often are interupted, dots can't. You can cast dots on the move, by jumping to hit players over terrain and so on.

If two players stand toe to toe with no line of sight issues then maybe they might be equivalent but fights simply do not happen like that.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
That's the point it's not the same end result at all. You can move out of range during the cast of a nuke and almost certainly will before a second or third is cast, you can't move out of range of a dot before its cast and it doesn't need casting again. Nukes can be and often are interupted, dots can't. You can cast dots on the move, by jumping to hit players over terrain and so on.

If two players stand toe to toe with no line of sight issues then maybe they might be equivalent but fights simply do not happen like that.

you could also argue that the dot style mobile play incurr's more backlash proc's due to the instant cast and frequency of casts on targets, but its all swings and round abouts.

At the end of the day they ARE the same class, they just function slightly differently. TA isnt the be all and end all of the game, it aint even close and in a week or so no one will play it ever again.

They could quite easily change it so BW nuke instead of dotting but thats the point, people will just find a different aspect to moan about, or just pick a spell and decide to bitch about it.

Fact of the matter is Order has one descent class that is considered slightly better than the destruction counterpart, this cannot be! and it must be nerfed.

Lets not talk about Marauder>>>>>>Whitelion or WE>>>>>>>>>>>>WH or BO>>>>>>>>Swordmaster etc etc because no one gives a shit about that right ? ;)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
but hurt sorcerors make me laugh, just because every single spell is not a mirror image of the opposite doesnt mean they are not the same. They both deal high damage and both are squishy as hell with the added backlash mechanic.

I can go fish about 10 threads from Warhammer Aliiance with the same piss-ants spouting bullshit and trying to back their pathetic claims up with on-paper spell by spell comparrisons, I lold hard.

If you think the BW is OP then the sorceror must be also, because they are in effect the same f*cking class.

and to the other guy just lol, dont make assuptions about me because YOU suck. I have played MMO's for many many years and I have always excelled at them, I have played my BW from day one of release, I didnt roll the class as 'fotm' or any other reason than I like the idea behind the class and I like fire based casters.

I own ass in scenario's, not because I'm OP but mostly because destruction are stupid. They group up and let me get millions of AoE damage, they never bother to target me and have run straight past me gunning for engineers and tanks etc on numerous occasions.

I struggle to play another class ? I have a Runepriest alt that is higher than your main character lol, who also always tops the healing charts in scenario's I also have a lvl 11 Marauder and some other classes (about lvl 7 Sorc, and a couple of other ones I barely play)

But still maybe play the game a bit more before you talk shit, your highest lvl char is lvl 28 ? how can you even talk about balance at that lvl.

While you may have somewhat of a point, this post is incredibly nieve.

I don't believe BW are overpowered, but sorcs are not on par with them.

BW have the same spells in AOE and Single nuke line, just better dots and more utility. This is not equal.

To suggest the reason you kill everyone in scenarios is because destro are stupid is a pretty dumb assumption.

I suppose this is the same on every server? There are hundreds of thousands of BW who just so happen to be great at their class, and destruction are just retards who need to l2p? :)

The main difference due to the dots, is that you can drop a heal debuff, a snare and 2-3 dots, which stack with a second/third/etcetc BW dots to crit for over 1000 each tick, due to the way backlash works, it is easy to stay at 100% combustion as long as you have the heals to support this. Once you have dropped the insta cast dots, you can leave/pre kite/reposition etc. The Agony sorc is stuck with 2-3s cast times.

This is the exact same shit Warlocks in wow would say when they had better dps than mages.

Overpowered? Don't know too early to tell.
Equal? heh...

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
While you may have somewhat of a point, this post is incredibly nieve.

I don't believe BW are overpowered, but sorcs are not on par with them.

BW have the same spells in AOE and Single nuke line, just better dots and more utility. This is not equal.

To suggest the reason you kill everyone in scenarios is because destro are stupid is a pretty dumb assumption.

I suppose this is the same on every server? There are hundreds of thousands of BW who just so happen to be great at their class, and destruction are just retards who need to l2p? :)

The main difference due to the dots, is that you can drop a heal debuff, a snare and 2-3 dots, which stack with a second/third/etcetc BW dots to crit for over 1000 each tick, due to the way backlash works, it is easy to stay at 100% combustion as long as you have the heals to support this. Once you have dropped the insta cast dots, you can leave/pre kite/reposition etc. The Agony sorc is stuck with 2-3s cast times.

This is the exact same shit Warlocks in wow would say when they had better dps than mages.

Overpowered? Don't know too early to tell.
Equal? heh...

I am 100% serious and Im not talking for the BW community I am talkin about my own personal experiences in the game so far and I am far undertargeted.

It makes me giggle every time those idiots run straight past me to go kill the engineer next to me, or they all focus on the IB and I just get to stand there and nuke the crap out of them un-hindered.

It isnt a rare occurance, at least 1 in every 3 games the Destro team must be sharing a couple of braincells between them.

and dots dont tick at 1k, the only spell I have that 'ticks' for 1k+ is Withering heat which is a high mastery 6 second channeled spell. Next highest is PwF I have seen at 800, this is also a mastery ability and proc's on heals. My standard core dots I think 600 is THE MOST I have seen it tick for.

I get blasted in the face constantly and consistently by Sorcs for 1.4k+ Doombolts (higher than any fireball I have ever cast, even with 100% combustion, highest I ever got was something like 1010 to be fair I dont cast it much)

Im lvl 36 1/2 :D

pikeh

Resident Freddy
There was a great sorc/bw comparison somewhere, I suggest you read that Tiani.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
There was a great sorc/bw comparison somewhere, I suggest you read that Tiani.

I posted it on the page before but it was covered with the usual QQ posts so no one noticed it :p

Soazak

Part of the furniture
But when you can drop PwF, Ignite, BB and Detonate on someone in just over the time it takes to cast 1 Doombolt, before you even start WH...it's easy to see which is the better line. Sorcs would spec dots as well if they had the stuff that comes in the Immolation line.

1.4k is 1 tick of Detonate and 1 tick of Ignite (Assuming full combustion). You can do the equivelant damage before the Sorc has even finished casting doombolt, not even considering the other ticks.

It's nearly impossibly for 1 healer to cure them all due to the cooldown on Hex removal. imo DoTs are the problem, BW are not that bad, but they have a lot of nice abilities stuffed into 1 class.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
But when you can drop PwF, Ignite, BB and Detonate on someone in just over the time it takes to cast 1 Doombolt, before you even start WH...it's easy to see which is the better line. Sorcs would spec dots as well if they had the stuff that comes in the Immolation line.

1.4k is 1 tick of Detonate and 1 tick of Ignite (Assuming full combustion). You can do the equivelant damage before the Sorc has even finished casting doombolt, not even considering the other ticks.

It's nearly impossibly for 1 healer to cure them all due to the cooldown on Hex removal. imo DoTs are the problem, BW are not that bad, but they have a lot of nice abilities stuffed into 1 class.

Doombolt is a 3 second cast its not even do-able in 4 seconds, I can put 4 dots on someone in 3 seconds ? 1.4k is a tick of 2 seperate dots ? crits of course, what you want them to hit for 10 damage each (this is every 3 seconds might I add), I spec'd into dots to make them better I want them to hit hard. If I wanted to nuke hard I would have spec'd the single target damage tree.

Now if I was critting people for 2k fireballs that would be ok right ? as long as my dots are not doing any meaningfull damage.

Here's another tip, dots are easier to heal through than direct 'burst' damage (PwF excluded) which imho is the sorc's forte (missing little flick on the e ;p)

Mabs

I have played MMO's for many many years and I have always excelled at them, I have played my BW from day one of release,

I own ass in scenario's, not because I'm OP but mostly because destruction are stupid.

Fact of the matter is Order has one descent class that is considered slightly better than the destruction counterpart, this cannot be! and it must be nerfed.

I am 100% serious and Im not talking for the BW community I am talkin about my own personal experiences in the game so far and I am far undertargeted.

It isnt a rare occurance, at least 1 in every 3 games the Destro team must be sharing a couple of braincells between them.

its people like you who give ordinary morons a bad name
i notice you are very modest, oh, and was that "excell at all mmos" youve played? right, yes ok
and im king of everything i ever touched, cos I SAID SO!!!11
feel free to go on spouting your self agrandising shite , cos noone actually cares

and youve played since release ! here, have a cookie. if were willy waving, ive played since ages ago in closed beta, ive played most of the classes, on both sides, in most of the tiers as and when they were in testing, so i do know what im talking about, thanks anyway ! ive seen the ablities, ive used them.

and as previously stated, ive yet to see a NON-BW PLAYER try to convince me they arent OP, which is usually a good indication they are. ive even seen people who play BW admit they are broken.

and at no point did i claim they were the only thing that is broken, but feel free to go on trying to defend them claiming its all "skill" and "years of ability" on your part as you "lol" at people with "no braincells"

talented much...

:twak:

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
its people like you who give ordinary morons a bad name
i notice you are very modest, oh, and was that "excell at all mmos" youve played? right, yes ok
and im king of everything i ever touched, cos I SAID SO!!!11
feel free to go on spouting your self agrandising shite , cos noone actually cares

and youve played since release ! here, have a cookie. if were willy waving, ive played since ages ago in closed beta, ive played most of the classes, on both sides, in most of the tiers as and when they were in testing, so i do know what im talking about, thanks anyway ! ive seen the ablities, ive used them.

and as previously stated, ive yet to see a NON-BW PLAYER try to convince me they arent OP, which is usually a good indication they are. ive even seen people who play BW admit they are broken.

and at no point did i claim they were the only thing that is broken, but feel free to go on trying to defend them claiming its all "skill" and "years of ability" on your part as you "lol" at people with "no braincells"

talented much...

:twak:

you just proved how much of a retard you are with this post Im not e-peen flexing or willy waving as you put it I simply noting that you shouldnt just assume I play a BW coz its easy and I suck at every other class because its far from true, and yes I played lots of MMO's and I have been in top guilds completing the end game content first in most of them, Im not a bad player and I consider myself a very good player.

All I can say is I scanned through a few threads and repeatedly see you going OMGAWD BW SO OP NERF NERF CRY CRY and its sad and I wanted to laugh at you because you think BW are sooo OP and anyone can play them and they own because they are OP and not because the person controlling the toon is actually good at what they do and, shock horror, you suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom