Made a bard, need some help on my spec

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Havin a looksy at clicky!

Seen it, have seen vid aswell. Mebbe its time you dl'd the NoSkill video and have a look at a 33regr, 43nurture, rest music bard?

tierk

Part of the furniture
Ok let me put it to you another way. U are saying a bard can heal and aint disagreeing with u yes they can heal but quite frankly if u can find the time in fg rvr fights to be healing instead of closing down casters using mezz cc and dd while running end and resists then u r a either a fuckin octopuss or a god.

Also if tanks get oor from druids then sorry its there own fault and i aint there to heal there arses. My job in fg rvr is quite clear, once the intail mezz been cast off i must stop casters from casting and to beware of any inc adds (be they fg's or stealthers adding).

Also the fact that u be using a yellow insta mezz can make all the difference between people resisting the mezz and not resisting it as the way it works is, correct me if i am wrong, spell level vs target level or some such .. U have any idea how many times over the years the red insta has saved my ass and my grps with inc adds when u dont get a chance to get off a castable mezz?

In fg RvR imo the healers first and foremost are the druids and then if u running with one a warden and THEN a bard. 33 reg is a waste and i dont care what u tell me about other specs this is the tried, tested and proven RvR spec and it has been the one solid spec that has stood the test of time in Daoc.

tierk

Part of the furniture
tierk said:
and i dont care what u tell me about other specs this is the tried, tested and proven RvR spec and it has been the one solid spec that has stood the test of time in Daoc.

Fuck me i sound like a pompous c..t :p

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Think point is taken mate and i do have seen the noskill vid aswell. But u got what i meant. Chosing a class to play means u know whats best for it. Rolling a bard and not giving the best and ONLY in hib benefit than any other char ( in hib ) can get is rather dumb.
Bard is the only reliable CCer in Hib. Sadly we already lack millions of things compared to the enemy CCer's. The only thing we got left is -AT LEAST- to put our priorities first and then our likes. Its like rolling a chanter and going enchantments spec for rvr. Ofc its a nice spec and your pet hits like a freeking truck but u dont offer the maximum of what your class is designed to offer in the group. When u do templates u go for 37.0 or 37.5 imbue points. We talking about 0.5 difference here and u want to have it. I call it perfection and we do it. Not giving your char the best out of it and puting 2ndary issues in the place of the primary ones lower the capabilities of your class thus u lose 'utility points'
U can try whatever spec u want. All of us did at some point, as all of us have wished to be able to do more things ( as sadly bard is fcking useless class atm ) but we dont got many choices im afraid and we gotta sacrifice in order to get. Giving out something our class have access to - the only one - is the same as saying britney spears rox :fluffle:
Peace to the bards and make the max out of it.
Thats my advice.

Regards
Mck

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
tierk said:
Ok let me put it to you another way. U are saying a bard can heal and aint disagreeing with u yes they can heal but quite frankly if u can find the time in fg rvr fights to be healing instead of closing down casters using mezz cc and dd while running end and resists then u r a either a fuckin octopuss or a god.

Also if tanks get oor from druids then sorry its there own fault and i aint there to heal there arses. My job in fg rvr is quite clear, once the intail mezz been cast off i must stop casters from casting and to beware of any inc adds (be they fg's or stealthers adding).

Also the fact that u be using a yellow insta mezz can make all the difference between people resisting the mezz and not resisting it as the way it works is, correct me if i am wrong, spell level vs target level or some such .. U have any idea how many times over the years the red insta has saved my ass and my grps with inc adds when u dont get a chance to get off a castable mezz?

In fg RvR imo the healers first and foremost are the druids and then if u running with one a warden and THEN a bard. 33 reg is a waste and i dont care what u tell me about other specs this is the tried, tested and proven RvR spec and it has been the one solid spec that has stood the test of time in Daoc.

Well the 33regr spec is tested and stood the test of time in DaoC aswell. For the resist rate, well like has bin said before, thats why you can spec some MoF.
The insta yellow mezz would have saved you there aswell?

Tanks can be grappled, slammed, fk knows what reason someone goes oor (both druids interrupted? :<) and in a perfect group/fight that doesnt ofc ^_^. Yes ofc Druids first, etc etc. Ofc your main job is cc/interrupter. Spec'ing 33regr doesnt mean you stop doin that. "All" you give up is that red aoe insta mezz. Not saying that the 47 music is a shite spec, but spec'ing 33regr doesnt make you a bad rvr based bard either. Infact some would consider it to be better.
The guy in the NoSkill moveh is an octopus god tbh, even more :|. Having said that, Edlina still has 47 music (correct me if i'm wrong)! Don't even know what Redb hade.
You say; giving up a red timered based aoe insta mezz for a good spec heal is a waiste, fair enough. Mebbe some others find that giving up a good spec heal, for that insta, is a waiste.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Mckennitt said:
Think point is taken mate and i do have seen the noskill vid aswell. But u got what i meant. Chosing a class to play means u know whats best for it. Rolling a bard and not giving the best and ONLY in hib benefit than any other char ( in hib ) can get is rather dumb.
Bard is the only reliable CCer in Hib. Sadly we already lack millions of things compared to the enemy CCer's. The only thing we got left is -AT LEAST- to put our priorities first and then our likes. Its like rolling a chanter and going enchantments spec for rvr. Ofc its a nice spec and your pet hits like a freeking truck but u dont offer the maximum of what your class is designed to offer in the group. When u do templates u go for 37.0 or 37.5 imbue points. We talking about 0.5 difference here and u want to have it. I call it perfection and we do it. Not giving your char the best out of it and puting 2ndary issues in the place of the primary ones lower the capabilities of your class thus u lose 'utility points'
U can try whatever spec u want. All of us did at some point, as all of us have wished to be able to do more things ( as sadly bard is fcking useless class atm ) but we dont got many choices im afraid and we gotta sacrifice in order to get. Giving out something our class have access to - the only one - is the same as saying britney spears rox :fluffle:
Peace to the bards and make the max out of it.
Thats my advice.

Regards
Mck

Take it a druid, for you, has to spec 50 regr aswell, to get the best out of his ability's?

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
spec how u self want, ur grp will not notice if the inc got mezzed by a yellow or red insta mezz as u always remezz anyway because of cb/golm.

get aug dex 4-5 and ur cast red mezz will do just fine after that yellow insta is my guess

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Purge doesnt make mezz worthless, it forces your opponent to blow purge that is true, but how is he going to purge the roots and nearsight that follow if he blew purge on inc?

no i know.. but Determination destroys mezz, know not all spec it but..

Psilocybine

Loyal Freddie
Hey m8,

43 nurture, 47 music, 16 regrowth is "the" spec to go m8 :D
trust me on this!

Cya on alb m8,

Psi

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Havin a looksy at clicky!

Seen it, have seen vid aswell. Mebbe its time you dl'd the NoSkill video and have a look at a 33regr, 43nurture, rest music bard?

that dosent happen anymore, come into modern day play. sure its a nice vid , but the bard uses radar, the grp is toa'd and they are farming rog master grp/zergs with old ra system from the looks of it. once they used AM and chanters old ra , grp was next near impossible to kill while those ra's were burning. however his healing was nice, but there druids we savage ;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Those saying 'so and so' is THE only viable spec make me lol irl.

Never heal in a 8 vs 8? Debateable and highly situational.

You can't never say you should never heal in a fight because you should be concentrating on cc'ing.

That's like saying a druid should never whip out his weapon because he should be concentrating on healing.

It's all purely situational.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
prodical said:
that dosent happen anymore, come into modern day play. sure its a nice vid , but the bard uses radar, the grp is toa'd and they are farming rog master grp/zergs with old ra system from the looks of it. once they used AM and chanters old ra , grp was next near impossible to kill while those ra's were burning. however his healing was nice, but there druids we savage ;)

Beside's the radar (which i'm not sure of anyway, have to dl it again anyway!), every populair guild group worked that way fyi.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Bugz said:
Those saying 'so and so' is THE only viable spec make me lol irl.

Never heal in a 8 vs 8? Debateable and highly situational.

You can't never say you should never heal in a fight because you should be concentrating on cc'ing.

That's like saying a druid should never whip out his weapon because he should be concentrating on healing.

It's all purely situational.

Ok to answer you yes i dont heal in 8vs8, heal spell aint even on me qbars as i stated earlier. Cuz invariably as the bard i am the only person with any kinda usefull cc in grp. Its that simple really and tbh between all the other things u have to do while playing a bard i just plain dont have time to be healing as well.

As bard the pressure is on you constantly to be leading the grp, keeping the grp together, getting the all important first mezz off, CC casters so as to allow yer grp to waste a few of the enemy. In addition you got to keep yer eyes open for Inc adds and get yer mezzs off on them, i just cant see were u get time to be playing a healer if u doing all these other things unless ofc u r not doing some of the above things. Oh and lets not forget end /speed /mr /resists and twisting etc.

Yer second point about druids shouldnt be whipping there weapons, thats excatly what i am saying ffs in 8vs8 rvr wtf would a druid be doing whipping out his weapons unless u r running over a soloer or a duo and wanna get some killspam?

If you finding u r having to get yer weapon out as a druid in fg rvr i am sorry u better disband as u are either, in a totally shit grp, or you playing yer druid totally shit. I know i would roast any druid i had in grp if i see him getting his weapons out in the middle of the fight.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:

Sorry for breaking it to you but a druid should never whip out his weapon :(

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
tierk said:
Ok to answer you yes i dont heal in 8vs8, heal spell aint even on me qbars as i stated earlier. Cuz invariably as the bard i am the only person with any kinda usefull cc in grp. Its that simple really and tbh between all the other things u have to do while playing a bard i just plain dont have time to be healing as well.

As bard the pressure is on you constantly to be leading the grp, keeping the grp together, getting the all important first mezz off, CC casters so as to allow yer grp to waste a few of the enemy. In addition you got to keep yer eyes open for Inc adds and get yer mezzs off on them, i just cant see were u get time to be playing a healer if u doing all these other things unless ofc u r not doing some of the above things. Oh and lets not forget end /speed /mr /resists and twisting etc.

Yer second point about druids shouldnt be whipping there weapons, thats excatly what i am saying ffs in 8vs8 rvr wtf would a druid be doing whipping out his weapons unless u r running over a soloer or a duo and wanna get some killspam?

If you finding u r having to get yer weapon out as a druid in fg rvr i am sorry u better disband as u are either, in a totally shit grp, or you playing yer druid totally shit. I know i would roast any druid i had in grp if i see him getting his weapons out in the middle of the fight.

Really some of this stuff is just laughable. All this talk about i got enough to wurry about on a bard and that druids should be healing. Who gives a fk about twisting/mezzing/interrupting etc. 33regr doesnt make you do that any less. Ill make it clear, YOU GOT THE OPTION TO HEAL and heal well, if you feel the/or there is need too.
Crowd control is your main job yeh, but there are other classes that cc aswell. Saying the bard is the only one that cc's well gl to you on the battlefield then. All these posts about bard should interrupt and not heal goes nowhere. You're missing the point, as bin said over and over, all you give up is the red insta aoe mezz with higher radius for a good spec heal. If you cant figure it out nvm.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
Sorry for breaking it to you but a druid should never whip out his weapon :(

Maybe i'm too oldschool then because the last video I saw (granted was probs 2003-2004 xD) had a support whiping out a weapon to deal with a quick pet ^^

tierk

Part of the furniture
Tuthmes said:
all you give up is the red insta aoe mezz with higher radius for a good spec heal. If you cant figure it out nvm.

Thats exactly the point i am making it aint worth it. Red Aoe insta > then yellow one and /or healing.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
tierk said:
Thats exactly the point i am making it aint worth it. Red Aoe insta > then yellow one and /or healing.

Well fair enough, but thats just the thing. Others might find the yellow one and spec healing > the red Aoe insta. Think about it tbh. When used, that insta will be down for quite some time and does absolutly nothing for you. All it offers is on inc, you got an insta with a higher radius. As someone already mentioned mezz feedbacks, but also bl's, etc, etc. A good starting mezz still wins you fights, but in todays 8vs8's its the 2nd or 3rd remezz that really start to pwn things. Having said that, when do you use your insta aoe mezz? In an emergancy (close range) or when you're feeling you will loose mezz? If you loose mezz, does your whole group get mezzed with you, or do they brake off on inc. Ie. is that red aoe mezz that essential for you too have? What if the enemy casters have shite los, or are too spread out or are oor for mezz and your druids are busy doin god knows what (kiko bl's, pets, ns, whatever), wouldnt a spec heal be nice to have?
Saying there's no other spec for a bard then 47 music, 43 nurt, rest regr, makes you nearsighted irl.
Let other people decide or atleast have an opinion of their own, before spewing out; "it aint worth it", "there's no other spec", "why the hell would i need to heal on a bard", or whatever nearsighted view you have on DaoC.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
Maybe i'm too oldschool then because the last video I saw (granted was probs 2003-2004 xD) had a support whiping out a weapon to deal with a quick pet ^^

Trust me, works far better to tell someone else to deal with the pet than lossing time over it ;) On druid client there's no attack on the keyboard :p

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Gear said:
Trust me, works far better to tell someone else to deal with the pet than lossing time over it ;) On druid client there's no attack on the keyboard :p
Yes there is !!!( to steal dm's ofc)

Danita

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Red aoe insta aint an IWIN button. Also trying to outcast ( on mezz ) enemy players is rather not easy as enemy ccers get higher dex ( especially albs ), here comes insta mezz which makes the difference. A yellow insta has less radius thus u wont be able to interrupt em all IN time and then starting cast your castable mezz. So the trick goes something like this. Insta ---> castable mezz.
U might say that we got aoe lul aswell to use as first move instead of the insta. But i dont see why not have 2 options instead of 1.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Tuthmes said:
Let other people decide or atleast have an opinion of their own, before spewing out; "it aint worth it", "there's no other spec", "why the hell would i need to heal on a bard", or whatever nearsighted view you have on DaoC.

Well seeing as i been playing a bard for best part of 4 years and got RR6 on it in the old system of rp's not saying i am the best or greatest bard but having played for that amount of time and spoken with some of the best bards this game has produced i think that i, just might, be intitled to express a opinion strongly.

You might call it nearsighted or whatever, but its a fact that that spec has been about since the beginning of the game and has been used by pretty much every bard out there that is RvR orientated. You have already heard the veiws of some of Hibs best current crop of bards on here already about the specs and what works for them. The spec has been the same for a age and this has been for a good reason, going with the the old addage-if it aint broke dont fix it.

I have tried to play a bard as healing spec as there was a time when toa came out i was the main bard for my guild (NEW DAWN) nd we were doing long long sessions of pve farming crap in toa (well that and cuz i couldnt get me BB account to work on me pc at same time as me ranger) and when i used to head to rvr with the bard the reg spec used to be a major problem as i would find myself healing intead of cc'ing or doing other stuff that is more important as a bard.

Now u have a isssue with this that fine u dont agree with the conventional wisdom of the spec that is also fine but plz dont try to right off the wisdom of people who been playing there class for a hell of a long time and have gained milions of rp's playing said class.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Originally Posted by Tuthmes
Let other people decide or atleast have an opinion of their own, before spewing out; "it aint worth it", "there's no other spec", "why the hell would i need to heal on a bard", or whatever nearsighted view you have on DaoC

I dont see anyone saying dont use that spec apart from giving his opinion and thats what this post is supposed to be yes? About opinions as far as i know. Thus i dont see why not express and share the knowledge a few fellow bards ( including me ) no matter how small or big that might be.

None will decide his spec and in the end of the day its his call not ours. Its all about opinions. Thus your phrace of beeing nearsighted aint valid especially on people who actually said ( like me ) that we tried the reg spec aswell.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Tuthmes said:
Beside's the radar (which i'm not sure of anyway, have to dl it again anyway!), every populair guild group worked that way fyi.

in the final 10sec of the vid is says '' radar xD ''

and what u mean by popular guild groups?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I have a 33 reg ml9 perfector bard and for pve and duo/trio w/o drood it ... OWNS !

But for group rvr i think 16 reg ;)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
tierk said:
Well seeing as i been playing a bard for best part of 4 years and got RR6 on it in the old system of rp's not saying i am the best or greatest bard but having played for that amount of time and spoken with some of the best bards this game has produced i think that i, just might, be intitled to express a opinion strongly.

You might call it nearsighted or whatever, but its a fact that that spec has been about since the beginning of the game and has been used by pretty much every bard out there that is RvR orientated. You have already heard the veiws of some of Hibs best current crop of bards on here already about the specs and what works for them. The spec has been the same for a age and this has been for a good reason, going with the the old addage-if it aint broke dont fix it.

I have tried to play a bard as healing spec as there was a time when toa came out i was the main bard for my guild (NEW DAWN) nd we were doing long long sessions of pve farming crap in toa (well that and cuz i couldnt get me BB account to work on me pc at same time as me ranger) and when i used to head to rvr with the bard the reg spec used to be a major problem as i would find myself healing intead of cc'ing or doing other stuff that is more important as a bard.

Now u have a isssue with this that fine u dont agree with the conventional wisdom of the spec that is also fine but plz dont try to right off the wisdom of people who been playing there class for a hell of a long time and have gained milions of rp's playing said class.

Yeah and my bard is rr7L7 bin playing it in the old rp system mostly, but who gives a damn anyway (ohh yeh and talked to other good bards also). Both spec's are good for their own reasons, none is better then the other.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Mckennitt said:
I dont see anyone saying dont use that spec apart from giving his opinion and thats what this post is supposed to be yes? About opinions as far as i know. Thus i dont see why not express and share the knowledge a few fellow bards ( including me ) no matter how small or big that might be.

None will decide his spec and in the end of the day its his call not ours. Its all about opinions. Thus your phrace of beeing nearsighted aint valid especially on people who actually said ( like me ) that we tried the reg spec aswell.

Lets see:

Boni said:
The only sensible rvr spec out there, unless you enjoy people asking why your speed is shit, or your mezz isnt lasting.
Enli said:
fyi thats what being told
a bard is not primary healer so u shouldnt spec towards it but ur behaviour is pretty logic as u started mid on daoc
tierk said:
43 nurt (red spd and end, yellow mr)
47 music (insta ae, red ae mezz)
16 regr (remaining points)

Thats the spec and anyone trying to say otherwise is talking out of there back end. Anything different maybe at like RR12 otherwise its the above spec.
McKennitt said:
Lets kick druids and take reg speced bards tbh! they can sing and heal. What we want more!

Etc.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Tuthmes said:
Take it a druid, for you, has to spec 50 regr aswell, to get the best out of his ability's?
thats not what he said tho, he said to get the best of the class to get the best of a druid you have to tri spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom