Made a bard, need some help on my spec

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Hello hello!

I recently started to play HIB/AVALON and i made a bard. Its L 42 now and i allready see this is one of the coolest chars i have ever played.. but.. theres ALOT of disucussing around my mates on the spec.

i though of:

37 heal
39 nurture
38 music

but then i figured that yellow speed would suck...

so im specing

33 heal
43 nurture
rest music

now could anyone help me make the spec better (aint going for max mezz, as i want to do more...)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
43 nurt (red spd and end, yellow mr)
47 music (insta ae, red ae mezz)
16 regr (remaining points)

this has been the average bard spec tru all the expansions

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
43 nurture is something that more or less everyone considers as must.

Most of the bards, play around with the music spec and there is no deffinite solution at all. My preference is 43 nurture, 47 music, 16 regro, others prefer to lower music and up regro, everything down to playstyle really.

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
well i think as if your low rr the normal spec you should use. why i say this well as most ppl now would i imagine have aom, red mezz would hopefully stick more, espically if u pop insta mezz less likly ppl would resist unless they have cb up ;p

47music
43nurt
16reg

at high rr, i would say rr9+ as you have lots more ra points to get mcl , rp and so on then go heal spec, i tried yellow speed got me balls chopped cause of it ''why we moving at gimp speed'', so red speed, and then the nice grp heal for when grp is in real trouble ;p

so i suppose 38music , 43 nurt , 27 reg

each to his own tho, gl with it!

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
Gear said:
43 nurture is something that more or less everyone considers as must.

Most of the bards, play around with the music spec and there is no deffinite solution at all. My preference is 43 nurture, 47 music, 16 regro, others prefer to lower music and up regro, everything down to playstyle really.

we had debate about this ;p i won if i remember correctly :p

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
prodical said:
we had debate about this ;p i won if i remember correctly :p

Nope :p If you want to heal, play your druid ;)

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
well, thing is that most likely, they have purge aswell.. and that will give mezz no meaning at all.. since im playing with a few friends, i would guess that its much better for me with a spec with a bit higher healing than mezz--

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
true most purge, but then you need to get good position and mezz spam, try deal with pets and try pull there tanks into ur casters range, as most random tanks do that, even the good ones sometimes do it. so yeah try it and let us know how the heal spec works plz.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Enli said:

this has been the average bard spec tru all the expansions

The only sensible rvr spec out there, unless you enjoy people asking why your speed is shit, or your mezz isnt lasting.

In general although bards can heal and a good bard will heal at the right time, thats not what bards really do, bards are there for speed, mezz, interupts, end song so make sure you can do them well and leave the spec heals to the dr00ds. Believe me, if you play well youll have plenty todo without speccing in silly stuff like high reg or weapons ;)

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Ive tried both bard specs and i can tell you for sure that the rvr standard one is way better than any other for a few reasons.

I. U get max out of your class which is CCer
II.Provide the best possible chants/songs for your group.

Specing regrowth might seem nice and helpfull groupwise but on the other hand u lose the few benefits your class gets access to such as mezz. Yellow mezz means less radius - duration = bigger chance to not mezz every possible target if their spreading abilities are decent ( no question if their spread is good )
As gear said if people wanted to heal roll druid and do it 10x times better. Personally sometimes id like to heal aswell but in every fight im so busy with everything else giving me hard time to add more jobs to do - that is if u have 2 hands xD

U could try something else though in case u want still to be able to heal decently. Get mastery of healing ( not 100% sure if u have access to it ) and AM. Both very good abilities for your tastes.

Regards
Mck

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
well, thing is that most likely, they have purge aswell.. and that will give mezz no meaning at all.. since im playing with a few friends, i would guess that its much better for me with a spec with a bit higher healing than mezz--

well depends if u r going to play RvR red mezz normally mezz ufor about 30 sec - 1min, if u gimp urself for healing u will have problem mezzing people in rvr.. red mezz is a must now days cos it is all about the mezz / interrupt in rvr imho ;\

Gl

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Frozodo said:
well depends if u r going to play RvR red mezz normally mezz ufor about 30 sec - 1min, if u gimp urself for healing u will have problem mezzing people in rvr.. red mezz is a must now days cos it is all about the mezz / interrupt in rvr imho ;\

Gl

Only question really is

a) You want red mezz AND the red AE insta mezz (which has higher radius)
b) You want to be able to heal much much better (with spec-heal)

Most RvR-bards reason that they want the top AE insta mezz, mostly because of its radius increase. The first AE mezz only has 150 radius, which is 'useless'.

For interrupting and 'plain normal mezzing' a red one and a yellow one are almost the same. Its 61 versus 70 seconds, and in neither cases the enemy wont sit out the full duration, unless they are gimps (in which case you should win anyhow).

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Frozodo said:

Gl

i do not agree with you, mezz is not everything today, but it was..
as all classes get Purge.. and some DET aswell.. and every mezz lasts 10 sec in a 8v8 fight due to the zerg. But interrupt it is.. ill check around the spec to see how to best fit it.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
43, 43, 20 is my spec. The lv20 specheal is really helpfull for backing up.

43 nurt is must for speed.
43 music is enough since you cant rely on insta aoe-mez much anyways imo

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:

Yes they may purge (if it is up) but the whole point to this is that ur forcing them to purge 1st, and for the ones who dont have purge up its a pain in the ass for them and makes ur life easier. This game is all about forcing peeps to use abilities b4 u have to and thus weakening them and causing them to lose. If u wanna heal play a druid. A bard is there for cc/end and sum light healing ressing wen needed.

auroria

Banned
Boni said:
The only sensible rvr spec out there, unless you enjoy people asking why your speed is shit, or your mezz isnt lasting.

In general although bards can heal and a good bard will heal at the right time, thats not what bards really do, bards are there for speed, mezz, interupts, end song so make sure you can do them well and leave the spec heals to the dr00ds. Believe me, if you play well youll have plenty todo without speccing in silly stuff like high reg or weapons ;)
thats a load of bull, healing have saved groups so many times, and u get red spd with 33 regr spec. mezz lasts long with the yellow ae mezz, downpart is that the insta aemezz has lesser radius than the red one, which imo can be a problem vs certain albgroups who have a merc leading :p Heals is very good when your running small groups aswell, have outhealed like 3 stealthers on bm mate quite often

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
thats a load of bull, healing have saved groups so many times, and u get red spd with 33 regr spec. mezz lasts long with the yellow ae mezz, downpart is that the insta aemezz has lesser radius than the red one, which imo can be a problem vs certain albgroups who have a merc leading :p Heals is very good when your running small groups aswell, have outhealed like 3 stealthers on bm mate quite often

Well most high-rr bards on this server would agree with me. You can make whatever crazy pve spec you like, but a good rvr bard isnt there to spam crappy heals when a reg druid can do it 3 times as well. As someone said earlier, if you want to heal then get AM so you can still be doing the stuff your class and only your class can do.

Yellow insta is poor. Resists are based on spell level, so your bad duration, crappy radius mezz wont even stick as well. And as its an insta you wont be able to spam it forever like you would with your yellow AE mezz which also sufferes bad resist rates.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Purge doesnt make mezz worthless, it forces your opponent to blow purge that is true, but how is he going to purge the roots and nearsight that follow if he blew purge on inc?

auroria

Banned
Boni said:
Well most high-rr bards on this server would agree with me. You can make whatever crazy pve spec you like, but a good rvr bard isnt there to spam crappy heals when a reg druid can do it 3 times as well. As someone said earlier, if you want to heal then get AM so you can still be doing the stuff your class and only your class can do.

Yellow insta is poor. Resists are based on spell level, so your bad duration, crappy radius mezz wont even stick as well. And as its an insta you wont be able to spam it forever like you would with your yellow AE mezz which also sufferes bad resist rates.
yes it will, heard about mof2? and why cant you cast ae mezz after instant? Instacc'ing the other grp's cc'er and your free to cast. And if your telling me that 2 druids can keep a bm alive vs body debuff assist, or colddebuff assist when one of them perhaps is interupted your being quite silly, healing for 450 can save a tank bigtime, i have am3 and 33 regr, im not saying you should heal alot, but only when its really neccessary(sp)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
im not saying you should heal alot, but only when its really neccessary(sp)
fyi thats what being told
a bard is not primary healer so u shouldnt spec towards it but ur behaviour is pretty logic as u started mid on daoc :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
yes it will, heard about mof2? and why cant you cast ae mezz after instant? Instacc'ing the other grp's cc'er and your free to cast. And if your telling me that 2 druids can keep a bm alive vs body debuff assist, or colddebuff assist when one of them perhaps is interupted your being quite silly, healing for 450 can save a tank bigtime, i have am3 and 33 regr, im not saying you should heal alot, but only when its really neccessary(sp)

Yep mof2 would be essential for you, Tbh you need mof3 to perform as well as a standard bard with mof1. Standard bard has 9 more realm skill points to spend on other stuff. Yep you can compensate but youll lose out on something else then.

You can cast AE mezz after insta, I wanst very clear, but thats not what I meant. I was just trying to point out that you cant spam insta mezz (fairly obvious), so any resists you do get with an insta hurt you more. In my experinece a good bard saves insta mezz for when it really matters, its a valuable tool (e.g. purge->insta) that can turn many battles, to remove it or restrict yourself to one with lower resits, worse radius, worse duration isnt the strongest move.

Well in your random scenario involving a BM being body debuffed and nuked (who has forgotten all about his banelord powers) how a caster is spamming debuffs around and nukes can only be because he isnt mezzed or lulled to death. Maybe the bard is spamming some crappy heal instead of doing his job. . .

auroria

Banned
Boni said:
Yep mof2 would be essential for you, Tbh you need mof3 to perform as well as a standard bard with mof1. Standard bard has 9 more realm skill points to spend on other stuff. Yep you can compensate but youll lose out on something else then.

You can cast AE mezz after insta, I wanst very clear, but thats not what I meant. I was just trying to point out that you cant spam insta mezz (fairly obvious), so any resists you do get with an insta hurt you more. In my experinece a good bard saves insta mezz for when it really matters, its a valuable tool (e.g. purge->insta) that can turn many battles, to remove it or restrict yourself to one with lower resits, worse radius, worse duration isnt the strongest move.

Well in your random scenario involving a BM being body debuffed and nuked (who has forgotten all about his banelord powers) how a caster is spamming debuffs around and nukes can only be because he isnt mezzed or lulled to death. Maybe the bard is spamming some crappy heal instead of doing his job. . .

thats silly , you will be nuked by an albcaster grp even though you use banelords, combining a couple of amnesia, then ae mezz, and heal up is whats nice. And usually i only try to insta the leader, then ae mezz grp, otherwise it will fall off too quick anyway, and tbh the incmezz doesnt matter that much, its the third or fourth remezz

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If your doing both fg rvr and duoing/trioing etc. then you really do want the healing spec. But don't do this until rr5/6+ so you can spec in the RA which increases your spell levels for resist purposes (forgot name of it xD).

As for those who say that healing is plain useless. A quick 800 point crit heal on a caster is nearly half their hitpoints. It does help and can be useful in situational positions.

Each to their own though in my opinion.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
auroria said:
thats silly , you will be nuked by an albcaster grp even though you use banelords, combining a couple of amnesia, then ae mezz, and heal up is whats nice. And usually i only try to insta the leader, then ae mezz grp, otherwise it will fall off too quick anyway, and tbh the incmezz doesnt matter that much, its the third or fourth remezz

I dont really think discussing this imaginary scenario further is going to add any validty to either side of the argument. Ive made my point and we will just have to differ on that.

tierk

Part of the furniture

Thats the spec and anyone trying to say otherwise is talking out of there back end. Anything different maybe at like RR12 otherwise its the above spec.

As to healing i have to say i dont even have heal spell on me qbars except the grp heal which is super gimped anyway. If as a bard u find you are healing, esp in fg RvR, then i think u better disband and run with a different grp cuz as a bard your job is basically, as above posters have stated clearly, to CC play end/speed/mr (also if u feel really uber u can also play warden resists) mezz and basically be a pain in the ass to all and sundry. Anything else and i am sorry to say it you aint specced for rvr.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Lets kick druids and take reg speced bards tbh! they can sing and heal. What we want more!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
tierk said:

Thats the spec and anyone trying to say otherwise is talking out of there back end. Anything different maybe at like RR12 otherwise its the above spec.

As to healing i have to say i dont even have heal spell on me qbars except the grp heal which is super gimped anyway. If as a bard u find you are healing, esp in fg RvR, then i think u better disband and run with a different grp cuz as a bard your job is basically, as above posters have stated clearly, to CC play end/speed/mr (also if u feel really uber u can also play warden resists) mezz and basically be a pain in the ass to all and sundry. Anything else and i am sorry to say it you aint specced for rvr.

That spec heal from 33regr is pro (good heals, nearly no power usage, fast). Ok, so no red aoe insta mezz.
Yes even a bard can heal in fg fights, depends on the situation. However it can keep a target alive. Different position from druids? Mebbe players oor from druids and in range for bard? Doesnt mean you can quit your interrupting job though, but saying there's nothing else but the above spec is just utter nonsence.

As Puppet placed it:

Puppet said:
Only question really is

a) You want red mezz AND the red AE insta mezz (which has higher radius)
b) You want to be able to heal much much better (with spec-heal)

Most RvR-bards reason that they want the top AE insta mezz, mostly because of its radius increase. The first AE mezz only has 150 radius, which is 'useless'.

For interrupting and 'plain normal mezzing' a red one and a yellow one are almost the same. Its 61 versus 70 seconds, and in neither cases the enemy wont sit out the full duration, unless they are gimps (in which case you should win anyhow).

The tradeoff is: have a good spec heal or have a red aoe insta with higher radius, which "when used" is down for some time ^_^. As a bard you should rely on your mezzing skills, not your insta. This is where i stop, cause i can feel the flames burning from my last comment :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Mckennitt said:
Indeed i felt it too.

go 50 blades dude. rox imo

Constructive post, but hey. If you fancy a battlebard, why not!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Mckennitt said:
Ive tried both bard specs and i can tell you for sure that the rvr standard one is way better than any other for a few reasons.

I. U get max out of your class which is CCer
II.Provide the best possible chants/songs for your group.

Specing regrowth might seem nice and helpfull groupwise but on the other hand u lose the few benefits your class gets access to such as mezz. Yellow mezz means less radius - duration = bigger chance to not mezz every possible target if their spreading abilities are decent ( no question if their spread is good )
As gear said if people wanted to heal roll druid and do it 10x times better. Personally sometimes id like to heal aswell but in every fight im so busy with everything else giving me hard time to add more jobs to do - that is if u have 2 hands xD

U could try something else though in case u want still to be able to heal decently. Get mastery of healing ( not 100% sure if u have access to it ) and AM. Both very good abilities for your tastes.

Regards
Mck

Ahh here's your constructive post!

Anyway,
1 - Castable yellow mezz has the same radius.
2 - Duration. Really if your targets stand mezzed for over 30s in a fg vs fg, your group better have killed something, adding max 9s to that wont do fk all.
3 - Yes druid heals better, but if you get some ToA healing bonus, your spec heal isnt bad at all.
4 - Yup resist rate can be awefull, but thats why you got MoF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom