Lubbocks Black List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
Hoi Mr. Frog... Just leave it now... I suggest if you wanna talk about what can or can't be taken as racism, start a thread for it...
Some may say you were discriminating against me by giving a clear indication to get out of this thread, while other threads are sidetracked for less. It is a polite request (despite an incredibly tomboyish 'Hoi'), but it certainly is not an affirmation by a moderator. Perhaps a moderator may be offended by you trying to take his or her role with your declaration. There's a very fine line that constitutes the threshold of everybody's patience.

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
hmmm... that words being sencured, well.. it's the word that early americans gave to black slaves.

And quite possibly it's the word that Lubbock of the confederates gave to them as well. However, that has yet to be substantiated.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Edgar Frog said:
Some may say you were discriminating against me by giving a clear indication to get out of this thread, while other threads are sidetracked for less.

I never said "GET OUT OF THIS THREAD", I simply suggested you'd start a thread for your discussion if you fealt like discussing it. And talk about politeness... Your response to me there wasn't very polite, and neither is it polite to "hijack" other threads...

Edgar Frog said:
There's a very fine line that constitutes the threshold of everybody's patience.

Exactly, and I think you've overstepped that line quite a few times with a lot of people here...

Do you know that what you're doing now may be considered Trolling, which I know can be racistic, especially for a Mid?

Hmmmm.. About mods being offended by my post and request that you take that discussion elsewhere... Why don't we ask them? Do you think it would be me or you who'd get a warning?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Edgar Frog said:
You seem to be applying that term 'smelly' in a macro context towards all racists. Some may say that a racist would find that offensive.
Get a grip fella.....

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Edgar Frog said:
And quite possibly it's the word that Lubbock of the confederates gave to them as well. However, that has yet to be substantiated.
Lubbock is a name.. there are also still people around that are named Hitler... should we ban their names aswell?
The name doesn't say anything about personalities or so, and as stated previous.. it's also a town..
perhaps it's this dude's real name, perhaps he got it from an atlas, but also perhaps he just looks up to the general, but let's give the dude the benefit of the doubt, shall we? it's very much possible that he didn't even know about general lubbock.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Edgar Frog said:
(despite an incredibly tomboyish 'Hoi'),

Hmmmm... You know that I might consider that an insult?
Do as you teach!!!

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
Hmmmm... You know that I might consider that an insult?
Do as you teach!!!
If you consider it an insult then I apologise. I'm not too proud to offer an apology if necessary. If you don't consider it an insult then it's still an interesting hypothetical situation that you bring up. My point is that anyone can be deemed offensive at whatever level they talk about things, which is an argument that seems to have been recognised by a fair number of contributors to this thread by now.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Edgar Frog said:
My point is that anyone can be deemed offensive at whatever level they talk about things, which is an argument that seems to have been recognised by a fair number of contributors to this thread by now.

theres a difference between been openly offensive...and making it obvious...or having some "righteous political correct" wannabe...read into things and turning them into something offensive

like you have done with every post thats been made

most ppl took this thread as it was intended to be..until u came along

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Some may say that you seem rather conservative in this thread, against its change and evolution which could be perceived as a rather stagnant opinion, for without change, would you have derived as much enjoyment from this thread?

By 'enjoyment', I actually mean more 'time-killing' because it seems that most people come to such forums to do such a thing.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
For those who are too polite to say it:

Shut the fuck up.

This isn't a place for you to act like a psychologist, so how about you stop doing it or stop trolling, whichever can apply to you best. Analyse this.

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
For those who are too polite to say it:

Shut the fuck up.

This isn't a place for you to act like a psychologist, so how about you stop doing it or stop trolling, whichever can apply to you best. Analyse this.
Oh dear, I would bet that the practicising muslims that bear the name 'Yussef' with pride would be rather disappointed with your combination of such a name and such language.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Edgar Frog said:
Oh dear, I would bet that the practicising muslims that bear the name 'Yussef' with pride would be rather disappointed with your combination of such a name and such language.
How do you know it's not his real name???
I bear my name with pride, should I be insulted everytime people who use my name ingame (I know my name is used ingame) said something I would never have? Or even if a person with the same real name said something I wouldn't have?

Oh.. And there's a difference between enjoyment and time-killing...

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Edgar Frog said:
Some may say that you seem rather conservative in this thread, against its change and evolution which could be perceived as a rather stagnant opinion, for without change, would you have derived as much enjoyment from this thread?

By 'enjoyment', I actually mean more 'time-killing' because it seems that most people come to such forums to do such a thing.

am all for change...if its for the "good"...but...political correctness in my eyes doesnt achieve this...all it does is create more racial tension that wasnt there in the 1st place...by changing attitudes of ppl because of the "overtones" they create towards simple basic words like "blackboard" etc

a blackboard is a blackboard nothing more...nothing less...just pisses me off when some prats come along and change the whole meaing behind the word and try to stir up trouble over something so simple

there are enough troubles in the world without more being created when they aint needed nor particularly make any sense

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Edgar Frog said:

grrr dont even start me on muslims !

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You want a mods word in here? I suggest Edgar Frog stops trying to stir up trouble before I stir some up for him.

Play nicely folks.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
You want a mods word in here? I suggest Edgar Frog stops trying to stir up trouble before I stir some up for him.

Play nicely folks.

Nice said, Jupitus..

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Aremeriel said:
How do you know it's not his real name???
Even if it is he would not be a practising muslim at the time of typing and submitting what, to some, is profane language.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:

Play nicely folks.

nicely put!

now lets wait for the "correct reply" from the Frog hehe

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Edgar Frog said:
It's also said that the name Edgar means Prick in various languages, I guess you've proved it :(

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:

Play nicely folks.
Firstly one cannot stop what has not been started.

Second of all, it seems that familiarity with those opposing my argument has lead you to take their side of things.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Edgar Frog said:
Even if it is he would not be a practising muslim at the time of typing and submitting what, to some, is profane language.

so thats his choice surely?...and not for us to comment on !

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
It's also said that the name Edgar means Prick in various languages, I guess you've proved it :(
Yet again, what some may consider as substandard and rather profane insults are resorted to by you, 'Yussef'. It would seem that your focus on genitalia may indicate certain complexes within yourself that need more looking into.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Edgar Frog said:
Firstly one cannot stop what has not been started.

Second of all, it seems that familiarity with those opposing my argument has lead you to take their side of things.

You CAN stop, whether through your own volition or through my actions. Secondly, I have not taken any side. You are the one who started the trouble in this thread with your pointed accusation about this possibly constituting racism in some way. A blackilst is a blacklist, and not a racist term. Go and deal with that quietly and adjust your attitude before posting here again, please.

Rest of you stop stirring please or I'll have to close the thread.:twak:

Edgar Frog

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Rest of you stop stirring please or I'll have to close the thread.:twak:
Thank you for acknowledging that there may be bad elements on both sides of the tarnished coin that is this thread.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Edgar Frog said:
Yet again, what some may consider as substandard and rather profane insults are resorted to by you, 'Yussef'. It would seem that your focus on genitalia may indicate certain complexes within yourself that need more looking into.
I hope you're not offering, otherwise I may need to call the police! :(

What I consider pointless nonsense to the majority of people, is being expressed by you "Edgar Frog". Yes you're superior to us all and need to analyse us all. We all feel humbled, now how about you go help the more needy who cannot see what you have enlighted upon us!

By the way, that was sarcasm before you need to get the sarcasm detector out.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Edgar Frog said:
Thank you for acknowledging that there may be bad elements on both sides of the tarnished coin that is this thread.

only in ur eyes !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom