LOVE IS COMING! Patch 1.05 (Formerly known as 1.1).

aika

Can't get enough of FH
yea T1/T2 moral are my only options, even T2 moral is pointless because it is pbaoe stun which means he might be stunned but still right next to me and I cant move because ES is on me, so knockback is only option.

Cautierize is sometimes an option for removing but usually they have applied various other conditions to be after the ES has landed which means I cant cleanse it off me, which means I am dead, no counter, cant move, cant stand there. My only 2 options, both of which result in death :(

well you are not supposed to kill a WE that stealthes up on you.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
And pinging off insta dots doing 1k+ dmg with crit at bolt range is not?

WE is a class built specifically to kill you (BW) and cloth healers. You seem to want to have the uber damage output BW's have plus be invulnerable as well. That simply is not gonna happen. Deal with it or roll again.

Last thing I want to see this game turn into is another post TOA Dark Ages of Castalot. Where being a melee class was an excercise in futility. You have enough tools for getaway as it is.

Why is it everyone wants a 'Iwin' class.

no you are wrong and dont assume things please :)

I dont expect to dish out sick dmg and be invulnerable, but I expect a slight chance to survive an onslaught from a WE, albeit SLIGHT ( you know, like melee DPS have a slight chance to not die from me, thats why they get root breakers, root immunities and pulls etc, but I get nothing to defend against snares and the totally OP enfeebling strikes) at the moment I have none, apart from 3 dediacted healers watching my ass constantly. All the time doing constant damage to myself.

I just dont get how they have a skill that is basically undefeatable ( on a class who already has sick dps, stealth to allow them to get into position to lay down the hurt and other skills to mitigate spell damage etc and the fastest TTK in game), it is a guaranteed kill, it is what you call, an IWIN button against a lot of classes and if you aint noticed it isnt just BW they are owning in 10 seconds flat, its everyone practically.

Im not talking from my BW PoV soley :)

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie

see above, I dont expect to, but I dont expect to die 100% guaranteed from every WE that decides to stealth up to me :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
see above, I dont expect to, but I dont expect to die 100% guaranteed from every WE that decides to stealth up to me :)

well without realm abilities (purge) a stealther that stealths up on a caster will kill him 100% of the time in daoc. It just was harder because you had to be in frontal arc to make the killer stealth move - here it can be done from any angle. Once again a casual newbie friendly game :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
But that WE is going to die, almost certainly. I think the problem you are facing is more the fact that right now, given a choice of targets, WE's almost always want to take out the BW and is purely a reflection on the fact that the BWs themselves are dishing out too much damage.

I have noticed that T3 scenarios (ok mostly TA, but others too) seem to be correcting in the sense that whilst the BWs seem to always head up the damage they are not doing so with a clear margin of 200% next best damage levels that I used to see. I think that this is a sign that like me, other WEs (and other classes) see the need to play them out of the game, and if that means multiple suicide runs and spawning then that is what we will do. The reason behind this? BWs are OP.

I'll happily review this after the patch, and if for the team killing healers makes more sense I'll adjust ;)

Don't take it personal, like :fluffle:

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I understand that, same reason my normal first targets to take down are tanks, to eliminate them from the game and allow everyone to get at the casters/healers

I just think its stupid they are guaranteed the kill 100% of the time, they might die after sure but so what ? they easily did their job and got the kill, as they always do 100% of the time thanks to that spell.

Like I said previously I play multiple classes in various teirs and WE rip everyone a new one in no time at all, not just casters, they do the same thing to heavily armoured targets as well, it just takes them maybe a couple of extra swings.

Im not asking to be unkillable or anything, I just think RDPS should also gett 'snare breaker' skills just like MDPS get root breakers, (and not cauterize that is unreliable, also sorc's get no such abilitiy, although unsure if WH get a ES type skill either)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
WH have the same, its called Sudden Accusation

scorge

Fledgling Freddie

i dont expect to die 100% when i go toe to toe with a BW on my Magus.. but i do....

:m00:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I want a buff where anything that hits me from a BW gets put out by Fireman Sam, while their at it increase the chance for a BW to kill himself to 200% of the time and I'll be happy.

Stop moaning BW's and casters are our prime targets, if we keep getting you your group is shit, it's ok you can tell them I told you so. Plenty of decent players out there that protect their squishies from WE's.

On the flipside there are far to many people thinking they are shit hot but in reality they are not.

I fall under the not :p

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I want a buff where anything that hits me from a BW gets put out by Fireman Sam, while their at it increase the chance for a BW to kill himself to 200% of the time and I'll be happy.

Stop moaning BW's and casters are our prime targets, if we keep getting you your group is shit, it's ok you can tell them I told you so. Plenty of decent players out there that protect their squishies from WE's.

On the flipside there are far to many people thinking they are shit hot but in reality they are not.

I fall under the not :p

Doesn't this work the other way as well? If people keep dying to BWs, it must be because their group is shit ..... oh no, forgot - when you die it is because the other class is overpowered. :flame:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie

I'm not sure if this works for a BW but on my Sorc I can survive an attack from a WH given certain conditions. I have a few tools that make it tough for them, first root use this as soon as they pop then detaunt to make their damage from gun not hurt much. Then I've got morale 3 to stun then while I do a bit of damage and finally disarm if they haven't either killed me or given up and run away by that stage. This will stop them getting the kill maybe 25% of the time when all those abilities are up - as ofc many of them will have silenced and dotted me so I'm dead before I can actually use a defensive ability at all.

But given that's its not a 1 vs 1 game that combination + my group will save me at least 50% of the time and if I dont die the WH certainly will.

I find it hard to believe the BW with superior damage output (given you can damage while getting the range) doesn't have a similar means of defense which will work in a minority of cases at least.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
yea T1/T2 moral are my only options, even T2 moral is pointless because it is pbaoe stun which means he might be stunned but still right next to me and I cant move because ES is on me, so knockback is only option.

Cautierize is sometimes an option for removing but usually they have applied various other conditions to be after the ES has landed which means I cant cleanse it off me, which means I am dead, no counter, cant move, cant stand there. My only 2 options, both of which result in death :(

That's bs or you are not running with armor...
Screenshot or it never happened, i want to see a WE doing 2k+ damage with an opening, really.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I find WE completely OP, not really because of their DPS (although being below 25% hp before the guy even appears on my screen takes the piss) its because of their stupid skill enfeebling strike.

It has no real counter and basically guarantees a kill 1v1 or on a squishy, I have a root which every person I would need to use it on has some way to counter it (all melee break roots lol, and now they nerfed it even further)

So I wanted to know where my snare breakers is( dont mention cauterize, it wont get ES off of me against a good WE) especially doing dmg every half a second you are moving, I mean pff. I stand there I die I move I die guaranteed kill = lame

wrong quote on previous post this is the good one sorry.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Doesn't this work the other way as well? If people keep dying to BWs, it must be because their group is shit ..... oh no, forgot - when you die it is because the other class is overpowered. :flame:

No when I die its because I am usually miles away from my group healer trying to take out clothies. I dont give a shit if I die. And I'll tell you something now for free :p

I have had numerouors arguments on my sever with a guy that constantly chooses to lead WB's in rvr only to avoid order players and ninja keeps. I asked him why he avoids Order and his answer was because he does not like dying.

I love the game and I am happy no matter how many times I die as long as I feel I am having fun.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I love the game and I am happy no matter how many times I die as long as I feel I am having fun.

Aye, thats the way to play. Despite getting caned by Order when I run to the front I still do it. I know that when I go down usually there's a few of them coming with me as I feed them to our guys.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

and why not?

every class should have a fair chance at killing every other class no matter who gets the jump.

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Nerf BW's more I say.

If only to stop scenarios with 5 of them debuffing and dotting for the sick stuff.

rynnor

Rockhound
every class should have a fair chance at killing every other class no matter who gets the jump.

Surely not? I love that certain classes are the nemesis for others - no one likes getting slaughtered but the most boring thing is a battle where no one dies.

I often play healers - it seems right to me that they should be weaker than other classes because healing has such a major effect on a group as a whole.

In an MMO the only balance should be group v group rather than class v class otherwise you stifle the creation of interesting new classes?

On Witch Elves presumably the counter is high initiative then you can ruin their stealth moves?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
and why not?

naaw, Id say its all dependant on the circumstances. If a WE get the jump on a caster standing then the WE will most likely always win unless the WE play exceptionally bad or the BW plays exceptionally well. You have to see to the fact that in order for success to occur, criterias has to be fulfilled. For the WE the criteria is:

-You have to be stealthed.
-You have to get clean hits on the target without anyone interfering.

The standardcriterias for BW otoh is:

-You need range. (unless specced immolation which sometimes can twist things around to the BW's advantage since the line in the ground is alil bit OP). However, fail this criteria and the BW is more prone to loose the fight, especially with a deadly closecombatexpertclass like WE that is designed to take out squishies.
-You have to get clean damageoutput without anyone interfering.

WE kills BW if he get the drop and nobody interfer, I'd say that the WE is the BW's nemesis. Just as a good WH kills my sorc with relative ease if I play like a dumbass and give the WH the window of opportunity and he does his job. There is no lottery here, there is no imbalance either for that matter. BW spot WE on range, WE will die. WE get the drop on the BW and does its job and BW will most likely die unless he's lucky. This is perfectly fair imo, I CURSE like a madman when WHs drop me since I fked up, I was too alone, not close enough to a tank, not close to healers, etc. My sorc isnt a 1on1class, its a teamclass. 1on1 on a MDPS class's conditions and I will most likely loose, nothing to whine or write home about.. I think its great that there are archetypes that can defeat casters with ease if they are clumsy and dont stick around their team enough or run solo and recieve no heals as a result of that.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
forgot to add that the things I wrote above is without 1.05 in mind. I suspect BWs will have it even harder to survive vs WE's because of the nerf to the root. 1.05 is still preliminary still though and anything can happen.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
and why not?

no they shouldn't, that takes the whole point away from getting the jump in the first place

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
But that WE is going to die, almost certainly.

Exactly its a suicide job and you dont get 100% kill rate either. As an assassin the real skill is in escaping after the kill alive :). A skill that seems to elude me in T2 MT Scene.

It takes one WH to guard several BW's/Healers as long they are not too spread out. The fact that most BW's are on 50% health when we open our can of whoopass on you. Really can't understand that one. As a Sorc unless your in a GG with good healers you purge the Dark Magic to avoid it. Only muppets keep casting in PuG's whilst not getting healed making the assassins job a hell of a lot easier. But then BW probably attacts the /godmode type players ;)

From what I've seen in T2 Scenes last couple of nights WH is the FOTM roll. Must of been 5 or 6 in every scene :) So there should be some protection about soon for you BW's.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I've been playing my WE a bit in mourkain temple, the shittiest scenario for a WE. I don't always get to kill what I want, certainly not solo, but if I have healers healing me, I can get out alive (detaunt is nice). And well, since I only play it with guildies, usually with one of them playing his zealot, I mostly get the heals I need.
Now of course, WE's and WH's got problems with not getting any attention from healers. This can be their own fault, or the healers' fault. At least if it's their own fault, they can do something about it.

And keep in mind, WE's and WH's have the same armour as bw/sorc. Both being LIGHT armour, just being labeled light armour instead of light robe. Or is that light armor, being an American game and all.

Blake

Fledgling Freddie
If you go heal spec on an Archmage your Healing Energy spell (1 second cast) is more than good enough to keep someone alive. I was wearing Intel gear but respecced mastery to the heal line, also with heal based tactics I was getting 400-500 from the heal, then the HoT on top.
If they have nerfed HoT's then it should still be ok. If I can heal 400-500 every second with Intel gear, imagine what I could do with Willpower items!

p.s. I was lvl 26

Lol come and play on the darkside for 1 day and see how nice the BW dots tick arround 400 - to 680 crit and that only from 1 of the 3 they can stack from 100 range , do you think u can keep up healing then?
O yes but only if u focus on that 1 who's getting the dot's and better with 2 zealots or shaman's leaving the rest of ur group without focus'd healing.
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom