[FH NEWS] Looking for the open beta client?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I've been using this on and off for the last couple of days and its been working at great speeds. I suggested a friend of mine use it also. He told me today that its giving him like 20kbs or something and he has only downloaded 3% in 24 hours.

My first reaction ofc was to tell him to stfu and die irl but afterward I thought I might see if anyone could suggest a solution. This is the first and likely only time I will ever use bittorrent so i have no idea.

Hes on a 1mb connection afaik.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've been using this on and off for the last couple of days and its been working at great speeds. I suggested a friend of mine use it also. He told me today that its giving him like 20kbs or something and he has only downloaded 3% in 24 hours.

My first reaction ofc was to tell him to stfu and die irl but afterward I thought I might see if anyone could suggest a solution. This is the first and likely only time I will ever use bittorrent so i have no idea.

Current torrent speed is aropund 4.6MB/sec and my seeders are not being pushed.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

Sounds like he may need to check which ports are being used on the torrent client, then free them up on his router

Euphie

Fledgling Freddie
lol i shouldnt of downloaded the offical torrent thing it sux.... and didnt use my download speed to its full capacity.

huubhuub

Fledgling Freddie
Downloading with a steady 450 kB / sec (yes i did temper my connection a bit) so its a great tracker

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
lol i shouldnt of downloaded the offical torrent thing it sux.... and didnt use my download speed to its full capacity.

Same, and it crashed all the time... not that it mattered through, DLed while at Work Saturday, night from Saturday to Sunday, while working sunday and night from Sunday to Monday and it was done as I got up monday, but crashed all previous 3 times while it was left unattended, fortunately saving the progress each time.

Wish I had noticed this torrent first through, could have saved some rebooting trouble

madstoog

Fledgling Freddie
my dl speed is 1kbs :/ what the hell had same problem with dl from war eu website.. cant figure it out why. redirected all my ports (i think) and configured my router (i think) but yet still get max 5 kbs dl speed.. anyone else getting this problem?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
my dl speed is 1kbs :/ what the hell had same problem with dl from war eu website.. cant figure it out why. redirected all my ports (i think) and ocnfigured my router (i thinki) but yet still get max 5 kbs dl speed.. anyone else getting this problem?

i know utorrent checks you have the right ports open.

mikasaka

Fledgling Freddie
This could take a long time...

Averaging around 0kb/s - 11kb/s

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
took a while to get started, but then I went through it at a fairly constant 400kb/s. from what I know of "official" downloads, that's pretty awesome :)

stoff75

Fledgling Freddie
The download works fine, but the game itself crashes when I launch it.. get the logo with the copyrights and "LOADING" text and then the dreaded windows error sound. Hope it's "working as intended" since it's not live yet, hate it if it's a Vista thing...

Lankey1988

Fledgling Freddie
hey can u help me, ive been getting seriously low download speeds on my torrent, ive redirected ports and routers and what not and its still slow, does anyone know how i can solve this :( ?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What client are you using and what port is configured within the app and on the router?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
also, we have a tech section where some very knowledgeable people hang out sometimes.

mind you, my download sat at around 20kb/s for hours before picking up speed. perhaps you just have to wait it out?

Lankey1988

Fledgling Freddie
im using utorrent and port 37659, and ive redirected ports and everything like the war site said

Smikis

Fledgling Freddie
there is official goa torrent ( same one used by goa downloader just that you can add it via torrent, speeds on that are just fine.. took around hour to download.. could been less with more speed tweaking )

Smikis

Fledgling Freddie
The download works fine, but the game itself crashes when I launch it.. get the logo with the copyrights and "LOADING" text and then the dreaded windows error sound. Hope it's "working as intended" since it's not live yet, hate it if it's a Vista thing...

if you start via game instead of patcher. you get error saying game will shut down , and then error will pop out with something as authentication needed blabla... working as intended tbh

Smikis

Fledgling Freddie
there is one trick with torrents.. upload.. make sure you finish/stop all of your torrents. then set upload limit to 15-20 ( seem to work best for me.. with less speed drops with more drops too ) and let it go.

for example ican get thing downloading 7.5mbs stable speed.. then i pop my upload on.. my download speed drops from anything like 150kbs-1.5mbs.. then i kill off upload and download goes back to speed.. simple

Lankey1988

Fledgling Freddie
im using the torrent provided on this site now , and its still going at like 0.01kbs :|

HungerMan

Fledgling Freddie
Make sure you have your ports open if you encounter difficulties !!

uTorrent checks if the right ports are open for you, i think. :drink:

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Flippin heck... since the free OB key giveaway the number of peers in the FH torrent pool has rocketed. I'm uploading 1.8 MB/s from work.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is there a green tick in the status bar of uTorrent?

mikasaka

Fledgling Freddie
I'm using Azureus and I'm pretty sure my ports are fine. However I have never really reached over 120kb/s on any torrent.

I have a 4mb line too, supplied by BT *sick*

Don't fully understand why I download so slow, same thing with utorrent, if not slower. Downloading WAR client from here atm with a steady..... wait for it... 14kb/s :p

Yeah, fun :D

----

Seems to speed up whilst i'm asleep as it had done 43% by the time i woke up this morning, was at 0.1 when i hit the sack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom