[FH NEWS] Looking for the open beta client?

Greedygrubber

Fledgling Freddie
This is highly irregular.

I just finished downloading the beta client, my download speed was a steady 1 MB/s, basically maxing out my bandwidth.

For some unknown reason, the program crashed during install, and now the files are completely corrupted and Windows won't let me do anything with them.

So I try downloading again, and now my speed refuses to go higher than 150 kB/s.

Also I've got some dodgy error messages in uTorrent. Methinks I'm going to try the official download client, as loath as I am to using such proprietary software.

Kaleii

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, have been using your torrent link to dl the open beta, had decent speed until yesterday.
It's at 92% now and getting between 2kb/s-12kb/s
Any ideas to why it's so slow?
I do realise it could be since nobody is seeding that far, but thought I'd ask;)

rynnor

Rockhound
Hey, have been using your torrent link to dl the open beta, had decent speed until yesterday.
It's at 92% now and getting between 2kb/s-12kb/s
Any ideas to why it's so slow?
I do realise it could be since nobody is seeding that far, but thought I'd ask;)

Its just enourmous demand and too few seeding it - sorry :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmm,

according to the tracker the average speed is 40MB/sec. Shouldn't be slow....

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Peers are going through the roof at a hell of a pace. I think the tracker has got around the houses. My upload is getting hammered. :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm seeding too now, though I don't have much of an upload speed I'm afraid :(

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, as posted in the other thread, get seeding everyone please, don't just be selfish and disconnect when you're done, this is taking a dog's age.. It might not be done by Sunday at this rate :(

Deadringer

Fledgling Freddie
closed beta client?

Hi guys,

Firstly thanks for my key guys looking forward to sunday.

Is it possible to use the closed beta client to play the open beta? i know someone who's been playing closed beta and he said he would give me a copy of his client.

Many thanks

Dead:D:D:D

rynnor

Rockhound
Is it possible to use the closed beta client to play the open beta?

I think so but your mates closed beta client would probably mean you'd need to download a big patch to access the open beta - might be quicker just to download the open beta client - could save you time on the day?

Deadringer

Fledgling Freddie
ok thx rynnor, i am downloading the client using the official download,seems to be quicker than the torrent unless im doing something wrong,Prob im getting with official download, is an error that stops the download, so not having much luck either way really.

Dead

mikasaka

Fledgling Freddie
Will definitely help seed over the weekend once the download is complete. My upload speed isn't much, but maybe that extra 50kb/s will make all that difference? ^.^

See you in game :)

Jorge Regula

Fledgling Freddie
Someone uploaded the EU open beta client to usenet a few days ago, nzb is here.

I've virus scanned and installed, works fine.

A 3 day, 10gb newsgroup trial is available at Giganews with which you can download the client. Stick "rekj" in the referral box if you sign up and want to do me a favour.

Grabit freeware usenet software available here.

Sign up to the Giganews trial, install and configure Grabit, open the nzb file with Grabit, download, cancel trial. You should be able to download at your line speed.

Quicklion

Fledgling Freddie
Currently dowloading at 15kB/s & uploading at 42kB/s .. boy this will take forever...

Kaleii

Fledgling Freddie
I finished dl'ing the client finally, will seed until tomorrow as much as I can, after that I need the HDD space

oxide

Fledgling Freddie
once youve downloaded the client ..... i start the launch and i get an accounts page ..... is this the account that i made on the war eu website? and if not .... how do i make an account :p ?

rynnor

Rockhound
once youve downloaded the client ..... i start the launch and i get an accounts page ..... is this the account that i made on the war eu website? and if not .... how do i make an account :p ?

Yep its your war-eu account but you need to register the key but that parts not up yet - should be soon.

There will no doubt be a post about it the second it comes up so hang around and make yourself comfortable :)

oxide

Fledgling Freddie
Yep its your war-eu account but you need to register the key but that parts not up yet - should be soon.

There will no doubt be a post about it the second it comes up so hang around and make yourself comfortable :)

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Someone uploaded the EU open beta client to usenet a few days ago, nzb is here.

I've virus scanned and installed, works fine.

A 3 day, 10gb newsgroup trial is available at Giganews with which you can download the client. Stick "rekj" in the referral box if you sign up and want to do me a favour.

Grabit freeware usenet software available here.

Sign up to the Giganews trial, install and configure Grabit, open the nzb file with Grabit, download, cancel trial. You should be able to download at your line speed.

Not a bad idea that, not to mention if you're a PC user you should have a newsgroup sub by default. :p

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
sweet. I was'nt too keen on downloading 9gb, but this torrent worked like a dream.

Il help seed whenever I can.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the torrent, will help seeding even when I'm finished with it :)

The speed was slow, but as always with torrents it gets faster the longer you keep it running.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Mine was only slow cause of Virgin's capping. After 10pm it shot off and was finished well before I awoke this morning. Will seed it later today.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Er, I don't remember ever making an account on war-europe, and when i try to register it says it's temporarily unavailable, will this be a problem?

rynnor

Rockhound
Er, I don't remember ever making an account on war-europe, and when i try to register it says it's temporarily unavailable, will this be a problem?

I believe you should be able to register on the day - a lot of others are in the same boat so fear not :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Alright cool thanks, I keep fearing that there will be something round every corner that will prevent me from playing this game... been waiting soo long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom