[FH NEWS] Looking for the open beta client?

Fuddle

Fledgling Freddie
Slow Download Speeds

I have 10MB broadband and that torrent is going at 20kbs !

At this rate will finish next Friday or something,

I am with Virgin Media anyone know the fastest way i can download ?

Thanks,

rynnor

Rockhound
Someone uploaded the EU open beta client to usenet a few days ago, nzb is here.

I've virus scanned and installed, works fine.

A 3 day, 10gb newsgroup trial is available at Giganews with which you can download the client. Stick "rekj" in the referral box if you sign up and want to do me a favour.

Grabit freeware usenet software available here.

Sign up to the Giganews trial, install and configure Grabit, open the nzb file with Grabit, download, cancel trial. You should be able to download at your line speed.

This is the fastest way to download I think - not tried it myself though.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have 10MB broadband and that torrent is going at 20kbs !

At this rate will finish next Friday or something,

I am with Virgin Media anyone know the fastest way i can download ?

Thanks,

Yes, see my post a few posts ago. Virgin throttle during the day, Leave your download on, and it will pick up speed about 10pm at night. Go to bed and wake up with a completed download.

boogie

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, see my post a few posts ago. Virgin throttle during the day, Leave your download on, and it will pick up speed about 10pm at night. Go to bed and wake up with a completed download.

Tried this, when I checked the downloader, it was at 99%, telling me it had network problems. As there is nothing wrong with my other applications, I pause the download, quit, and say he should save it. I restart the downloader... 0%. :(

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
i was getting 1-5kb/s for hours yesterday evening on the torrent so gave up, but WAR client off their site wasnt up, started it this morning and was going at 1mb/s but only 20kb/s atm

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Tried this, when I checked the downloader, it was at 99%, telling me it had network problems. As there is nothing wrong with my other applications, I pause the download, quit, and say he should save it. I restart the downloader... 0%. :(

Was this the GOA downloader? If so 99% is finished as the last 1% is the program during a final check of the files. If you restarted the program it will say 0% at first but should slowly check through what you have already downloaded and be fine.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
ok given up of goa's downloader its way to slow and it was also broken when i went to play the game, is this torrent still up and running if so what do i need to use it, im not all that good with torrents.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
ok I've checked the cleint download Im doing as Im having to redownload the beta cleint. Ive noticed that I have a lot of failed hash checks. Im using BitTorrent as the downloader. Can anyone tell me if there is a better torrent downloader? One that is more likely to pass the hash checks?

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
ok I've checked the cleint download Im doing as Im having to redownload the beta cleint. Ive noticed that I have a lot of failed hash checks. Im using BitTorrent as the downloader. Can anyone tell me if there is a better torrent downloader? One that is more likely to pass the hash checks?

Tried replying when you asked that in the huge thread, but it likely got lost in the flood ;)

UTorrent worked for me, with PeerGuardian2 running also to weed out the fake and damaged torrents - I've pm'd you a link to downloads for both if you want to give them a go.

Good luck!

Soazak

Part of the furniture

utorrent worked good for me, its worked a lot better than previous clients i've used.

boogie

Fledgling Freddie
I used Vuze (the new name of Azureus). Download was slow, but I got there.
I've been using it the last year or so, and never had a problem with it.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
this worked very nicely for me - big thanks. I had it downloaded in just over 24 hours. At some points I was getting in excess of 370kb/s

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Been seeding since I started and still am with 50-90 kb/s. It's a shame so few people actually seed it when they got it downloaded. They should have made the torrent system that if you download 1 torrent and don't seed till 1.00 ratio you can't start another and that it expires after a couple of days seeding if 1.00 ratio ain't reached.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've put mine up as a seed... low u/load speeds, I'm afraid :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Am seeding this with 2.5 MB/s as long as some anonymous wood modem user is downloading the (first) files.

:england:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom