[FH NEWS] Looking for the open beta client?

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Deebs, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Fuddle

Fuddle Fledgling Freddie

Slow Download Speeds

I have 10MB broadband and that torrent is going at 20kbs !

At this rate will finish next Friday or something,

I am with Virgin Media anyone know the fastest way i can download ?

Thanks,

2. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

This is the fastest way to download I think - not tried it myself though.

3. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Yes, see my post a few posts ago. Virgin throttle during the day, Leave your download on, and it will pick up speed about 10pm at night. Go to bed and wake up with a completed download.

4. boogie

boogie Fledgling Freddie

Tried this, when I checked the downloader, it was at 99%, telling me it had network problems. As there is nothing wrong with my other applications, I pause the download, quit, and say he should save it. I restart the downloader... 0%. :(

5. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Use the torrent.

6. Mikah75

Mikah75 Can't get enough of FH

i was getting 1-5kb/s for hours yesterday evening on the torrent so gave up, but WAR client off their site wasnt up, started it this morning and was going at 1mb/s but only 20kb/s atm

7. Dervish

Dervish Fledgling Freddie

Was this the GOA downloader? If so 99% is finished as the last 1% is the program during a final check of the files. If you restarted the program it will say 0% at first but should slowly check through what you have already downloaded and be fine.

8. Fefner

Fefner Can't get enough of FH

ok given up of goa's downloader its way to slow and it was also broken when i went to play the game, is this torrent still up and running if so what do i need to use it, im not all that good with torrents.

9. longbow

longbow Fledgling Freddie

ok I've checked the cleint download Im doing as Im having to redownload the beta cleint. Ive noticed that I have a lot of failed hash checks. Im using BitTorrent as the downloader. Can anyone tell me if there is a better torrent downloader? One that is more likely to pass the hash checks?

10. Aurelius LH

Aurelius LH Fledgling Freddie

Tried replying when you asked that in the huge thread, but it likely got lost in the flood ;)

UTorrent worked for me, with PeerGuardian2 running also to weed out the fake and damaged torrents - I've pm'd you a link to downloads for both if you want to give them a go.

Good luck!

11. Soazak

Soazak Part of the furniture

utorrent worked good for me, its worked a lot better than previous clients i've used.

12. boogie

boogie Fledgling Freddie

I used Vuze (the new name of Azureus). Download was slow, but I got there.
    I've been using it the last year or so, and never had a problem with it.

13. Sharkith

Sharkith Can't get enough of FH

this worked very nicely for me - big thanks. I had it downloaded in just over 24 hours. At some points I was getting in excess of 370kb/s

14. Khale

Khale Fledgling Freddie

Been seeding since I started and still am with 50-90 kb/s. It's a shame so few people actually seed it when they got it downloaded. They should have made the torrent system that if you download 1 torrent and don't seed till 1.00 ratio you can't start another and that it expires after a couple of days seeding if 1.00 ratio ain't reached.

15. fettoken

fettoken I am a FH squatter

Im getting 8 - 9 mb/s speed with my 100 mbit :worthy:

16. Jupitus

Jupitus Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy! Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

I've put mine up as a seed... low u/load speeds, I'm afraid :(

17. Manisch Depressiv

Manisch Depressiv Part of the furniture

Am seeding this with 2.5 MB/s as long as some anonymous wood modem user is downloading the (first) files.

:england: