Linkdead then unable to connect...

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by thefunkrocket

In milton Keynes (or nearby anyway)

So get your ass over there, give the monkeys some bananas, and it'll be fixed in no time ;)

O

old.ViscountCharles

Same here in the Midlands - two Dentists using BTOpenworld ADSL, and we can't connect. If either of us manges to connect, we're LD within about 10 seconds. Grrr.

Dial-up Dentists seem to be having the same problems, although one of our members is playing at the moment (glimpsed his name during one of the 10-second timeouts), so it's not a GOA problem.

T

thefunkrocket

Originally posted by Ardwan

So get your ass over there, give the monkeys some bananas, and it'll be fixed in no time ;)

I would but i heard you cant feed the employees while they're on duty :D

F

Fex

BTO ADSL here too - Sunderland. So it looks like a BT thing in general :(

S

SilverHood

managed to get thorugh via new york's opentransit router

still cant get into the game, but atleast I can connect to the server

O

Olgark

19.07 and I can't log into the game. I get the password window up then it says logging into game a few times then says trying another server. Then nothing.

I am on BT openworld home ADSL as well.

T

thefunkrocket

A description of how BT openworld works ( possibly other ISPs too, haven't checked)

BT phonelines work by, having thousands of tiny little monkeys with notepads and pens that get told messages and then run to the other end. When you have broadband installed the large box they attach to the wall contains an extra few hundred monkeys to deliver messages, hence increased up and download rates.

Now at the moment the monkeys are on strike due to a dispute with BT over the number of bananas they are paid, they also want the annual bonus penuts BT has been promising for so long, thus when BT declined their final offer today. they decided to wreak havoc all over the country. Unfortunatly for us here in Bucks the Union HQ is in bletchly so we get the most problems.

T

Tasans

BT Openworld here too...
Im gonna :flame: the girls in the other end of the line with abuse.

A

Ardwan

With the ping plotter I just used, after about a minute it got through bletchley, and is getting an average round trip ping of about 50....

spoke too soon, ran it for about 5mins..it just died starting at bletchley :)

O

old.moriath

ok im runing visual route now and sometimes getting BT problems and others FranceTelecom IP backbone problems.

But never thro to the goa server :(

DAMNIT

What ever i get i get huge packet lose between 10 and 90% across the board

:(

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

O

old.Els

Ok let me tell you what BT is not telling its own customers ..

They have just embarked on a 2 WEEK ADSL NETWORK UPGRADE .. this will affect all UK ADSL customers .. engineering work will be taking place in the early hours of the morning but the Network will still not be working correctly over that period .. they are ugrading all thier DSLAMS and Internal Network .. you may not be able to connect for a while, while they switch the DSLAM in your local Exchanges and when you do get back on it will take a prolly a day for you DSLAM to get back to normal .. I have less information on their other work but it will also affect your connections to certain sites/routers ..

So this will affect BT customers more than other ADSL customers because BT are also switching their internal network and gateways to new hardware .. but hopefully at the end we'll have an improved service .. well maybe not service, getting service from BT is like getting blood out of a stone, but maybe an improved connection anyways ;)

O

Olgark

core1-pos4-2.bletchley.ukcore.bt.net

seems to be the main one that looses it all the time for me.

Oh well looks like it time to watch some movies instead.

C

Cronn

BTOpenWorld - Bolton

Got in a few times but went LD within 30 seconds.

I hate BT so much.

O

old.Isyses Redwing

Im not on BT

I'm not with a BT ISP and ill still cant connect. Im with madasafish. Maybe it might be a regional problem..

I was on this afternoon though and all of a sudden went LD for no reason. Now i havnt been able to get on for ages.

EDIT
This might be a comepletly separate problem though as i never get past the patcher screen.

A

Ardwan

Basically anyone who is being routed through the bletchley router is not gonna be playing the game anytime soon.

O

old.Isyses Redwing

wheres bletchly ?

I live in the NW so by the looks of this it could be a completly separate problem for me :(

O

old.moriath

I think every one goes via bletchley cause its the countries main back bone :(

Most ISP's rent off of BT so virtually every isp uses the BTignite backbone :(

Well looks like Jedi 2 tonight :rolleyes:

Dont BT make u :puke:

A

Ardwan

download the ping plotter from here:
http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

then load it up, and put one of the servers IP addresses into the box at the top. Prydwen address is 193.252.123.13
Click start, and see where the trace has problems, if it goes through an exchange called "core2-pos4-2.bletchley.ukcore.bt.net [62.6.197.137]"
Then you are having same problem as the rest of us

B

Brannor McThife

That's my plot.

[EDIT: Reconnected...got the Bletchley route. Hitting 40% packet loss now.]

-G

O

old.Isyses Redwing

i downloaded that program but as far as i can tell theres no problem at all. And it doest look like it goes through that dodgy router either.

A

Ardwan

Aye, that's what mine was like about a minute ago, i'm now getting routed back through London, rather than New York

[EDIT] Dammit Brannor, now my post looks stupid ;) [EDIT]

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

I been getting anything from 25% to 90% PL at bletchley.
Even if we did get on - it would be unplayable.

O

old.ViscountCharles

Copy email sent to BT support

Your support telephone line is engaged at the moment - I know this eamil may not get read for days yet, but there's a problem screwing up my evening's entertainment and that makes it a BIG problem for me right now.

I'm trying to play an online game, server IP 193.252.123.13.

I am unable to connect reliably to the server, and when I am connected, packetloss problems result in almost immediate disconnection from the servers.

A route trace shows that I'm experiencing some problems at IP 62.6.206.97 (20% packet loss), but a massive 70% packet loss at 62.6.197.133 (core1-pos4-2.bletchley.ukcore.bt.net).

I think this belongs to you. Please tell someone to sort the problem out as soon as possible, or faster.

L

Lanceloc

Bletchley is in Milton Keynes, about junction 14 of the M1 motorway.

O

old.Isyses Redwing

OMG OMG OMG

WOW THE UPDATER IS STARTING TO WORK AGAIN!!! :clap:

But because i thought it was a problem with my pc i unistalled DAoC i now have to download the 14 mg update on a 56k modem...... buuger

A

Ardwan

Re: OMG OMG OMG

Originally posted by Isyses Redwing
WOW THE UPDATER IS STARTING TO WORK AGAIN!!! :clap:

But because i thought it was a problem with my pc i unistalled DAoC i now have to download the 14 mg update on a 56k modem...... buuger

It probably was a problem with your install of DAoC

K

kemor

Can't do much about it sadly, that's how internet goes somedays. I'm sure whoever have access to the problematic routers/lines are doing everything possible to get this fixed.

That said, i don't have "real" news from anyone here so far....

<goes back to info fishing>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom