Linkdead then unable to connect...

A

Ardwan

I reckon that GOA have hired some hackers to take the part of the route down, so that people will start talking about how much we hate BT, and come on people, compared to BT, GOA are the best thing since sliced bread..so peple forget about all the crap GOA have done...and thier reputation increases as wea re too busy flaming BT.

See...I know exactly what is happening.. :)

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by cHodAX
Right lets start a 'Burn those BT bastards' thread, I reckon we can get 1000 replies easily :)

done :D

O

old.Hobbes101

Damn BT ADSL - still knackered. It died on me ten paces away from a customer - somehow I feel he wont wait and im going to be lumbered with two full sets of mail....

Hobbes <Covenant of Zak>

O

old.xetius

Contacted BT Technical support. I told them which router was playing up, and they are apparently gonna send a monkey down to reboot it.

How they cant work these things out for themselves I will never know.

T

thefunkrocket

BT doowah wahhhhhhhh

Arggg and there i was thinking BT had gotten better, ohh well
And is thet bletchley being the bletchley next to my house???

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Kahless
Yep Im on BT Openworld ADSL too.

But it rocks...honestly it does!!

Seriously I'm on it too and I haven't had ANY problems since they upgraded their exchanges :)

Daws lvl 43 cleric

Oh btw I am having the same prob...I connect...get into game, run around a bit then go LD, i see others there but I can't talk/spellcast at all :/

O

old.shotgunstow

Ok is anyone who went LD not on BT ADSL?

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by shotgunstow
Ok is anyone who went LD not on BT ADSL?

Well I have spoken to someone who is on BT ADSL and everything is working fine for him..

H

Herbal Remedy

*sniff* openworld not adsl *sniff*
bt router has died not adsl specific methinks

O

old.xetius

BT customer support guy I spoke to said that it was part of the backbone, and not the BT infrastructure. This is apparently down to a company called ignite, but I dont know.

This could have been the usual 1st line tech support rubbish

A

Ardwan

Well I can now get the DAoC webpage to load up...but the game still ain't working..

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by xetius
BT customer support guy I spoke to said that it was part of the backbone, and not the BT infrastructure. This is apparently down to a company called ignite, but I dont know.

This could have been the usual 1st line tech support rubbish

ROFL poxy BT CS, Ignite is also known as BTIgnite and they all just found out they are being made redundant soon :) Someone is probably pissed off about it and had a game of Cisco International Soccer with the router :)

O

old.Paranoid

It may well be BT.. but compared to GOA, BT have a great record

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Ardwan

I think BT did actually say they were doing something to thier ADSL systems until the end of the month...but they said it would be in the early hours of the morning, or really late at night..

Knowing BT this'll be a new way to strangle your bandwidth.

You're only allowed broadband if you don't download anything.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by fingoniel

Knowing BT this'll be a new way to strangle your bandwidth.

You're only allowed broadband if you don't download anything.

Damn they better not cap my edonkey pr0n downloads :D

O

old.edicius

ISDN

on bt ISDN thing and can't get on game so it aint just ADSL :(

O

old.pala hellraiser

Yeah I'm having same problems too guys if it makes you feel any better :) Damn BT ADSL well mind you can't complain its normally a very decent stable connection.

Hellraiser (paladin) level 34

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Kemor has GOA contacted BT about this?

I know I sure as hell arent going to change ISP to play 1 game (well i might if it keeps up) and I think everyone else feels the same.

Their customer support wont listen to us mere mortals, we need a big company to contact them.

O

old.Tamseeka

I'm on BT Connect just 56k modem and i can't get on either :(

S

Solid

Has anyone found a statement by BT on their Openworld website to tell us whats wrong?

Anythyng in their newsgroups?

O

old.moriath

Damn them .. im on adls as well and can run net pages ok and mail but just not the damn game grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well lets hope they get it sorted soon :rolleyes:

Some hope

S

SFXman

This wins the prize for most posts in a short amount of time? No LDs for me once again, great. But I left at free will to play Dungeon Siege :)

L

Lanceloc

Cant connect either. Just tried it. I got onto the main loading screen once but any subsequent tries result in Error Message 201 - Cannot connect to update server etc....

Also using BT Openwound ADSL from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.

O

old.Calvin

Im on BT Openwoe too :uhoh:
And have the same problem as u guys

S

SFXman

I think I will go play DAoC now with my non-UK friends ;)

A

Ardwan

Well some people in my guild who are using BT ADSL are able to play the game fine :(

T

thefunkrocket

if you read the post at the start it looks like its something in bletchley. so as im using from MK as well some things seem really slow and others are fine

B

Brannor McThife

BT Openworld ADSL. High Barnet. No luck here.

-G

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by thefunkrocket
if you read the post at the start it looks like its something in bletchley. so as im using from MK as well some things seem really slow and others are fine

and where is Bletchley?? :)

B

Brannor McThife

Got in. Ran 30 yards. Permanent red latency...LD'd.

Yay. :rolleyes:

-G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom