Linkdead then unable to connect...

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Its Friday afternoon at 15.08 and i cant connect to DAoC...

Just went linkdead twice in barrows now I cant get into game...

Am I the only one or is this some update we havent been told about?

A

Aileanara

yep your not alone

Im dreding going back on im sourounded by purp con monsters

Hashimal
LVL 10 SCOUT

B

BlueJam

Yeah me 2, I was talking to Kahless as well.

How wude.

C

cHodAX

The whole of Lyonesse got a linkdead death and probably lost over an hour of exp each, oustanding job GOA you really are world class............

S

SilverHood

cant get on either.....

managed to get on for 10 secs, then LD

O

old.Kahless

ARG !

Not Jarjar Binks, even the thought of dying by Alb hands is better than that.

:D

A

Ardwan

Aye me too, have gotten to character screen twice now, then after the loading screen I get a weird box saying that I can't enter the game right now, press ESC to quit

Oh and, is it just me, or did the LD seem to coincide with the News being posted on the Official site....

T

Tasans

Same here, i was beating a blue ww in varulv. Maybe they ld us all just to look at the news :)

C

cHodAX

Got ingame and got LD 10 secs later, loads of people ingame playing, very odd....

S

SilverHood

site is down

I'll bet anyone here 10g that its another DDoS attack on GOA

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

I dont swear much but...

FUCKING WANKERS!!!

-------------------------------

Conecting to service...
Retrying...
Unable to Connect to Service...
Hit ESC then Retry later...

Me goes to look at price of US copy...

S

Silence

seems to of been when they updated website, must of took all of goa put together to edit the news page, seems to take down everyone with it.

A

Ardwan

That said, there are still over 700 people still on Prydwen..the server I was playing...so it must be a *special* thing..so no attacks or hackers or owt.

Is anyone else also finding it hard to actually get the DAoC website to load up..

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

lol the rightnow login page wont come up either...

the joke continues...

T

Tasans

The best message is this:

Connecting to service..

Your account is being logged out! Try again in 1 minute.
Connection failed.

This is actually fun if you are in emain and have enemies inc :)

K

kemor

No noticeable problem on our side...Could you guys with the problem check your ISP, post some more infos?

Obviously only "some" players are affected, which usually means :
1) a router died somewhere in Europe or in the world
2) an ISP died or is about to.

Need more info...

B

BlueJam

I'm on BTConnect, possible problems with the BT ISP's?

A

Ardwan

In UK
Got ADSL from BT

And I have actually got past the connection screen twice, selected my character, then after the loading screen finished, I had a box that looked like the chat box with the message
"You can not enter the game right now"
"Press Esc to quit"

And everything else is working fine for me, except the fact that I can't get the official DAoC website to load up..

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

BT Openworld ADSL (home not business)

I can still play:

Jedi Knight 2
Quake 3
Tribes 2
AvP2
RtCW

All on various servers around the world with no probs.

Edit: DAoC site is screwed up for me too. ALso cant login to rightnow - get a page cannot be displayed error.

H

Herbal Remedy

me on bt same problem daoc is dead as a door nail :(

C

cHodAX

Well I am on BTOpenworld but reading this, playing Jumpgate (minimized and the server in Germany) with edonkey running in the backgroud all at the same time so the isp is ok, will run a trace and see what the route is like.

O

old.Styx

my traceroute is showing massive packet loss at core1-pos4-2.bletchley.ukcore.bt.net. So it appears to be a BT problem

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Styx
my traceroute is showing massive packet loss at core1-pos4-2.bletchley.ukcore.bt.net. So it appears to be a BT problem

Ditto, BT are almost as imcompetent as France Telecom, damn shame NTL might go bust I could do with a isp.

S

SilverHood

hehe, always knew BT were the biggest barstards around

GOA or BT?

BT takes the prize I think

gonna annoy that woman on the help line some more...

brb

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by SilverHood
hehe, always knew BT were the biggest barstards around

GOA or BT?

BT takes the prize I think

gonna annoy that woman on the help line some more...

brb

Lol you will be lucky to get through they are moving to Rightnow for customer service I bet ;)

A

Ardwan

Dammit...i was looking forward to another 'Flame GOA' thread ;)
I think BT did actually say they were doing something to thier ADSL systems until the end of the month...but they said it would be in the early hours of the morning, or really late at night..

[EDIT] And yes, I really hate BT customer service...it takes up to an hour just to get through to someone to talk to...plus I have been trying for nearly 4 weeks now to get them to replace the second adsl filter as it doesn't work[EDIT]

C

cHodAX

Right lets start a 'Burn those BT bastards' thread, I reckon we can get 1000 replies easily :)

D

Dewey

Yup, same problem here too, LD in emain and can't connect anymore, furthest I've got is password bit and yes I'm on BT openworld too..... Anyone managed to get some info from BT about this, no luck here :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom