Limiting frames per second (2K3)

M

Moön

Does anyone know if its possible to limit your frames per second in UT2003, maybe using a console command or editing and config file of some sort ?

The reason for this is I think it will put an end to some graphics distortion I am getting, it looks as if vsync is turned off but it isnt and I've found limiting fps in other games resolves this problem .

This is all ofcourse unless vsync dosnt run in UT2k3 as default and you need to enable it in some way .

Thanks in advance :)

M

milou

Vysnc can be enabled in the UT2003 ini file under

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]

UseVSync=True

I use it as although my system can handle max settings I find the gameplay smoother.

Useful tweaky bits and explanations here

Page 8 of the guide refers to fps:

MinDesiredFrameRate=35.000000

UT2003 will attempt to maintain a framerate approximately equalling this number as a minimum. That is, if your system starts to drop its fps below this number, perhaps due to the level of detail on the screen or complexity of textures, UT2003 will do what it can to reduce the less noticeable eye-candy to improve fps again. The higher this number, the more UT2003 will dynamically adjust details and complexity to maintain at least the framerate you indicate in this setting. If you don't want the game to do that (perhaps you have a fast machine), and want the eye-candy to stay at its absolute best, lower this number.

OT: Interestingly the ability to change your dodge click time was removed by the patch (I think).

DoubleClickTime=0.250000

When dodging is enabled (See In-Game settings, Input) this setting controls the length of time in seconds during which a double-click of a keyboard movement key is registered as a dodge. That is, with dodging enabled, and at the default setting, if you press A (default move left key) twice within 0.25 seconds then it will register a dodge to the left. Higher values mean more time during which two presses of a key will register as a dodge. Note this setting is not in User.ini by default, so you'll have to insert it to enable variable dodging time.

Hope this helps =)

M

Moön

Thats exactely what I was looking for, and that guide looks very helpfull to .

I'l just have to wait till I get home to try it though :)

Thanks alot mate :)

Y

Yu-Gung

Originally posted by Moön
Does anyone know if its possible to limit your frames per second in UT2003

Installing the latest patch will do that for you. I am not sure but I think you can control the fpscap by changing the MinDesiredFrameRate setting.

PS it will only cap your framerate when playing on-line :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread