Light ment spec

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Made a shar lightment for bg atm but thinking about getting 50 on it as its fun so far, was thinking 50 spec 45 light, 28 mana, 10 ment. but not sure, any suggestions?

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
48light 24mana for pve
45light 28menta for rvr

or top one for both ;DD

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
45 light
24 mana
17 menta

specced like this since open beta and never regretted it ;)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
/25/46/13

done me proud since i hit 50 over a year back

dont spec high in mentalism it wont do u much good the demezz is nice but you rarely get chance to use it

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
50(+13) light 14 mana 14 ment

my spec, (almost resist free salamanders for the win)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I personally think second specing mentalism for the de-mez is a good idea for rvr. Especially since if mezed, you can hit release on a pet (any pet will do, even a grey) it will aggro you, break mez and get recharmed. Then you can set about demezzing or doing what ever.

For PvE, I've seen good things done with 48 light 24 mana and a buffed lvl 54 sally.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Secondary ment for the heal is more useful than anything you get in secondary mana. Demezz is just a handy bonus.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
was thinking of having fairly high mana just for the MR, i know i can use pots bring a bard/FOP whatever, i just think it would be easier having self MR

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Even MR3 isn;t that good - in RvR MR is largely irrelevant anyway. It doesn't help enough during a fight to make a difference and the interval between fights is usually large enough to fully regen your power. I certainly noticed no problems with power going from MR5 to MR1 when I respecced. In fact I tended to have more power available due to cheaper nukes.

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
everyone go mana

cus

10+ mana ments spamming ae dots on keep zergs and shit 4tw

and i think there will be alot of these moments coming soon..

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
pfft fu tzeem8!
u fooled me into going mana waaaaayyyyyyy back!
and no i had to buy a respec stone! u should pay for it!!!
;DD

okok mana was fun... in keepraids... before sc :eek: but now all it kills is those poor ungrouped archers *sniff* ;(((

Laryssa

Regular Freddie
Tzeentch said:
everyone go mana

cus

traitor .... deleted your menta and rolled a jester
:touch:

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
everyone go mana

cus

Dot overwrites kinda screw that up. :( If you could have 10 different dots ticking on someone it'd rock though. :D But yeah spambot is right - since SC it's just not worth it, WTF is the point of a spell that takes 20 seconds to take 25% of someone's hp and can be fixed with a single spread heal. :(

Besides tzee just wants crack so he doesn't have to carry a flute. :p

capo

Fledgling Freddie
depends on how you wanna play the class, if you wanna wtfpwn and both nuke/demess depending on situation 2nd mentalism, if you don't what that responsability and just wanna nuke all the time 2nd mana.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
WTF is the point of a spell that takes 20 seconds to take 25% of someone's hp and can be fixed with a single spread heal. :(

doesnt even need someone to heal u now since heal wards.. as they heal u faster then the dot does dmg :D

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
everyone go mana

cus

dunno if it was meant to be a joke but I agree ;)
I think a fully ToAed mana ment with 20% resist piercing should be able to aoe dot people for 250ish dmg per tick which is pretty nice fort keep fights etc. Additionally a ML10 stormlord could use the Arching Power together with the baseline single dot which would result in 2 stacking aoe dots (again very nice in keep fights).

Light ment is inferior in RvR to other light casters (if you want a light caster in RvR I'd recommend a light eld).

but anyway my own menta was mana till rr3l6 and since it is a PvE bot now I have respecced to 48 light / 24 mana which imo is the best PvE spec (maximum light for minimum pet resists and mr3 to keep the charm up as well as a low lvl hot to heal the pet). 48/24 is also ok for RvR - maybe mentalism as secondary would be nince but not worthwhile speccing until they replace the mez with an aoe stun ;)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
but anyway my own menta was mana till rr3l6 and since it is a PvE bot now I have respecced to 48 light / 24 mana which imo is the best PvE spec (maximum light for minimum pet resists and mr3 to keep the charm up as well as a low lvl hot to heal the pet).
IF you are high RR of course :p (you need 63 light to charm lvl 53s 'safely' which is RR5+ with that spec)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
doesnt even need someone to heal u now since heal wards.. as they heal u faster then the dot does dmg :D
LOL :(

Can't say I ever used the mez on my mentalist in RvR - must better to let the bard do the mezzing. Advantage of light ment over light eld is better assist of debuffers as it's heat the same as the baseline nuke. A light chanter is still a better choice though, with the insta interrupt and a reliable pet.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
I think a fully ToAed mana ment with 20% resist piercing should be able to aoe dot people for 250ish dmg per tick which is pretty nice fort keep fights etc.

true though i guess if resist piercing is that good...
not tried any toa'd caster so dunno how good it is!

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Certainly pre-TOA before I respecced to light, my mana ment was lucky to top 70/tick on most people without a crit. :(

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
We just had a rather odd grp with 2 light mentas and we actually did quite good :D

Killed about 2 fgs and then we met a mids tank grp ;O

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
ok
j00 dont get it

im not saying - killz0r ppl with ae dot

but
350 radius pissing-everyone-off spells, not going oom cus of pfont and mr5, piercing, relics etc - i know it will be easy to heal blah blah, but interruptions.. :D

trust me

go mana for NF and the soon-to-be-here future

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
I think a fully ToAed mana ment with 20% resist piercing should be able to aoe dot people for 250ish dmg per tick which is pretty nice fort keep fights etc.

I don't know if it's true, but apparantly resist piercing decreases damage on dots. Another fucked up bug, just like body resist affecting ceremonial duration (?).. <shrug>

hope it gets fixed.. if its true that is ;x

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
ok
j00 dont get it

im not saying - killz0r ppl with ae dot

but
350 radius pissing-everyone-off spells, not going oom cus of pfont and mr5, piercing, relics etc - i know it will be easy to heal blah blah, but interruptions.. :D

trust me

go mana for NF and the soon-to-be-here future
For interrupts light is just as good - spam AE DD, it interrupts like ae dot. Plus you're actually useful if you take on a single target.

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
but mana provides a lot more damage overall, and with say 10+ ments doing the same, it adds up to a significant amount

sure it can be solved with pfont and a spread

but not if you break that font and interrupt that spread

we both know ae dd is shit

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
AE DD = not worth the power it takes to cast. :p
On the other hand, mana ments suck if there's more than about 2 at a siege - the extra dots are just wasted because of overwrites. Also try attacking a single target, you go oom so fast it's not even funny. :(

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
i know from experience ;p
but in EVERY way, ae dot is the spell to spam at siege's etc.. gtae would be, if we really had it, but since i could count the amount of voids we got on one hand..

its just cus ae dot can/will be spammed (shaman folk do it a lot, thankfully they have a piss poor one usually), and can go up to around 200.. im not talking about the consecutive ticks, just the intial hit+interrupt

and afaik, i dunno if this was in the patch notes, but tick2+ doesnt break mezzes anymore :-o

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
if i knew i could roll a void eld and get decent rvr grps without having to pay ppl etc i would love to roll one it was always my intention to
then pbaoe began to be fotm and its never really changed, maybe void eld will be uber again in NF

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
doubt it

well, in my opinion, gta is fairly shit compared to ae dot..
not sure, the 5sec recast thing is really crap, you'd really want more ppl to go void for it to be viable effectively in a keep situation.. mana ment is more feasible.. dunno :)

massive radius, funny dmg, spammable etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom