Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
saad, you got your new motherboard yet?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
doubt it

well, in my opinion, gta is fairly shit compared to ae dot..
not sure, the 5sec recast thing is really crap, you'd really want more ppl to go void for it to be viable effectively in a keep situation.. mana ment is more feasible.. dunno :)

massive radius, funny dmg, spammable etc

ae dd is better spammable than ae dot since only one dot will tick at the same time :p

and heal fields do kinda negate the dot dmg :/

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tzeentch said:
doubt it

well, in my opinion, gta is fairly shit compared to ae dot..
not sure, the 5sec recast thing is really crap, you'd really want more ppl to go void for it to be viable effectively in a keep situation.. mana ment is more feasible.. dunno :)

massive radius, funny dmg, spammable etc
I remember back in the corpse summoner days. I made some serious RPs with AE dots. :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
ae dots are fun damn fun remember mine in the battlegrounds only problem is once someones casts it thats it the other mana ments are fooked and as VK said a healing field easily negates the dmg caused

its funny and i bet it aint half annoying but these days thats all it is youll be lucky get a kill from it the same can be said for AE DD i suppose but at least the other light ments can do the same type of attack and do dmg

end of the day 6 light ments who spam AE DD will out dmg 6 mana ments who spam AE DOT and only 1 person gets to land it.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
light mentas own imho, as they got a lot of utility. The alrdy mentioned self unmezz, a hard DD, an interrupting pet (well you will usually use a grey pet so no real danger for your enemy :) ), then depending on for what you go you have either demezz and a funny backup heal or mr3 and hot3 which is good in PvE. I've played with both in RvR teams and both work well.

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
you guys wanna bet on that?

i dunno, go out someplace and do ae dd, tell me how big the fall off is

centre will hit for what? 350-400 if you're lucky?
everyone else will get like sub 200, ending up at 1 or zero.

ae dot will hit effectively uniformly over the entire area

the ae dot acts more in the spirit of an ae direct damage spell than the actual ae dd does, ie, does a shit load more damage overall

and i dont wanna repeat myself, but wards can be destroyed, and i'd love to see what wards you guys are using that can counter 10 ae dots landing. i know they dont stack with each other, but there is nothing to stop you using them over and over again?

trust me, ae dot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. ae dd by FAR

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
tzee wet farts own light ment ae dd, i just love the spec DD too much it is quite nice nuking for 1k+ on occasion =)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tzee, highest dot prevents others from landing, even for the first tick. You notice it if there's more than one mana ment about - whichever mana ment has the hihest acuity and highest wild arcania does all the damage and the rest just watch "target already has this effect. spell failed." scroll. :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
do the single target dot and aoe dot stack?

Tzeentch

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Tzee, highest dot prevents others from landing, even for the first tick. You notice it if there's more than one mana ment about - whichever mana ment has the hihest acuity and highest wild arcania does all the damage and the rest just watch "target already has this effect. spell failed." scroll. :(
wtfs ;e

you can tell it's been a while

isn't that just for crits tho?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Base ST stacks with either AE or spec ST. Spec ST and AE don't stack.

Tzee, back in your day DOTs didn't even have acuity bonus let alone crits. :x

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
Tzee:
1 mana ment, 1 does damage
2 mana ment, 1 does damage
3 mana ment, 1 does damage
4 mana ment, 1 does damage
etc...
4 light ment, 4 do damage

theres a reason pve groups never have >1 mana ment/cave shamans/matter cabbys

Users who are viewing this thread