life and death

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
why is it bullshit to live in a laid back life style? i think your lifestyle is bull shit if you live life to love.

just because, thats all. the only reason i have to say it is because you also spouted shit for no reason.

u said care free, that means you have no cares in the world.

[edit] oh and people who always say they live care free or laid back never do. not one fo them, and i've met hundreds of people that say they do, its an illusion, they want to appear cool and chilled. even when u deny that u care about what people think about you (and now i've said this u may even say you do care but i doubt it), u still care.

To live care free is to not live.

noblok

Part of the furniture
The problem is that, technically, Darksword's right. Living completely care-free would imply everything he said. I think that what tris- meant was more an attitude of not worrying too much about all possible results of your actions.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
yes.

like staying up all night to have the most awesome time and get wasted n shagged n end up in a foreign country naked, and you have work the next day :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Darksword said:
[edit] oh and people who always say they live care free or laid back never do. not one fo them, and i've met hundreds of people that say they do, its an illusion, they want to appear cool and chilled. even when u deny that u care about what people think about you (and now i've said this u may even say you do care but i doubt it), u still care.

im not really botherd either way if i come accross chilled/cool what ever. why would anyone care about such a thing?
and really, i dont care much what people think about me. obviously it is nice when someone thinks good of you.
it is exactly like outlander said. if i cared what people thought of me, would i go sober upto an empty dancefloor and start dancing? i probably looked like some kind of dick, so what? i wasnt concerned either way.

Outlander said:
yes.

like staying up all night to have the most awesome time and get wasted n shagged n end up in a foreign country naked, and you have work the next day :p

lol, something happend like that a few yrs back. went out, woke up the next day in another town. got the train back to my town. i had 2 choices -

a)go home and change, be late for work
b)goto work exactly as i am without doing anything to my self.

i chose b, cos it was easier lol.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
The problem is that, technically, Darksword's right. Living completely care-free would imply everything he said. I think that what tris- meant was more an attitude of not worrying too much about all possible results of your actions.
herein lies the problem
u are using an ambiguous word that describes a state of feeling
Main Entry: carefree
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: lighthearted
Synonyms: airy, at ease, blithe, breezy, buoyant, calm, careless, cheerful, cheery, cool, easy, easy-going, feelgood, happy, happy-go-lucky, insouciant, jaunty, jovial, laidback, radiant, secure, sunny, unanxious, unbothered, untroubled
it can mean all of the above and is relative to the user

one thing dark has forgotten about are sociopaths
they are about as close to carefree as u can get
"live care free would be to never love, because if your care free your likely to harm the person you love...Not only this, but if you live care free your more than certainly turning a blind eye to the millions of deaths every year which can be prevented, such as AIDs, War, Poverty..."-wouldnt bother them as they have no emotional attachment to people
so it is possible
as to whether it is ungodly depends on what deity u believe in

noblok

Part of the furniture
lilmissnaughty said:
herein lies the problem
u are using an ambiguous word that describes a state of feeling
Exactly, that's why it's usually best to ask for a clarification rather than instantly reacting. Especially if you're going to use terms like "bullshit" and "arsehole".

Mey

Part of the furniture
My new philosophy is easy and this song sums it up well.

"Cultivate your hunger before you idealize.
Motivate your anger to make them all realize.
Climbing the mountain, never coming down.
Break into the contents, never falling down.

My knee is still shaking, like I was twelve,
Sneaking out of the classroom, by the back door.
A man railed at me twice though, but I didn't care.
Waiting is wasting for people like me.

Don't try to live so wise.
Don't cry 'cause you're so right.
Don't dry with fakes or fears,
'Cause you will hate yourself in the end.

You say, "Dreams are dreams.
"I ain't gonna play the fool anymore."
You say, "'Cause I still got my soul."

Take your time, baby, your blood needs slowing down.
Breach your soul to reach yourself before you gloom.
Reflection of fear makes shadows of nothing, shadows of nothing.

You still are blind, if you see a winding road,
'Cause there's always a straight way to the point you see.

Don't try to live so wise.
Don't cry 'cause you're so right.
Don't dry with fakes or fears,
'Cause you will hate yourself in the end."

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
This is my philosphy and its also from a song :p

I'll be happy till the day I die, I smile each day and I dont ever cry. Feeling sad is such a waste of time, so just be happy, just try.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Outlander said:
yes.

My mate Tony rang another friend of mine begging for a train ticket home, as he'd been out in Camden the night before and woken up in a ditch in the middle of Wales, with nothing on him at all apart from the clothes he was wearing...

to this day he has no idea how he got there, and even looking at train routes, neither do we...

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Rediknight said:
My mate Tony rang another friend of mine begging for a train ticket home, as he'd been out in Camden the night before and woken up in a ditch in the middle of Wales, with nothing on him at all apart from the clothes he was wearing...

to this day he has no idea how he got there, and even looking at train routes, neither do we...

Maybe he was mugged, kidnapped then dumped in a field? :p

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:

it
was
teh
aliens!!!
godamn analprobing kidnapping mofos that they r..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
lilmissnaughty said:
it
was
teh
aliens!!!
godamn analprobing kidnapping mofos that they r..

Sorry but anal probing is so 1980's, these days we go through...we'll...

Umm...

FEmales like it, men not so much.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Vladamir said:
Is that an offer? :cool:

can i watch?

:eek6:

=====================serious bit========================
oh and for the record you shouldnt go calling people arseholes, if you knew Tris even a little bit you'd know he isn't so tbh its mean and frivilous to go casting general abuse at folk just because they say something you don't like, and it's really off to do it just because they say they like to live a certain way, if people say they're care free its not for anyone to contridict them as its them thats living their life and not you and you couldn't possibly know otherwise no matter how well you argue the point unless you are that person you can't possibly know.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:

Happens all the time...

From "Spaced"

Mike Watt: Hello Timmy.
Tim: Where are you?
Mike: Err, Sheffield.
Tim: What are you doing in Sheffield?
Mike: Fell asleep on the tube.
Tim: The tube doesn't go to Sheffield, Mike.
Mike: Yeah, I know. I um must have changed at King's Cross.

tris-

Ezteq said:
can i watch?

:fluffle:
btw ez, my phone said it deliverd a txt last night. i sent it like 2 days ago, so probably best to ignore it.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Naetha said:
Happens all the time...

From "Spaced"

Mike Watt: Hello Timmy.
Tim: Where are you?
Mike: Err, Sheffield.
Tim: What are you doing in Sheffield?
Mike: Fell asleep on the tube.
Tim: The tube doesn't go to Sheffield, Mike.
Mike: Yeah, I know. I um must have changed at King's Cross.
haha!

"Babylon Five's a big pile of shit!" :clap:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ezteq said:
if people say they're care free its not for anyone to contridict them as its them thats living their life

Then again, us care free arseholes don't give a crap about such comments :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
can i watch?

:eek6:

oh and for the record you shouldnt go calling people arseholes, if you knew Tris even a little bit you'd know he isn't so tbh its mean and frivilous to go casting general abuse at folk just because they say something you don't like, and it's really off to do it just because they say they like to live a certain way, if people say they're care free its not for anyone to contridict them as its them thats living their life and not you and you couldn't possibly know otherwise no matter how well you argue the point unless you are that person you can't possibly know.

WAS BEING CAREFREE CANT QUESTION ME IM ME I DONT CARE etc :p

tris u shouldnt care i called u an arsehole u should be all hippy care free.

Why am i not allowed to give my views on a way of life if this is what this thread is about? just because it offends? what if my way of life was to offend everyone and every living thing? For a bunch of "liberals" you lot sure are stuck up and conservative about your opinions.

noblok

Part of the furniture
You are allowed to give your opinions, but:

1) be sure that you interpretted the post you're replying to correctly. You didn't in this case.
2) don't insult people. It's plain rude and unnecessary.

tris-

i dont care, but im also not a hippy. you obviously define care free in a different way. considering there is no set meaning, then fair do's.

Zede

Part of the furniture
im not going to die, when im 80 im gonna D/L myself into a Rom and live forever !

( ok I read to much cyberpunk, blame william gibson :) )

Outlander

Part of the furniture
when Im 80 I will burn a copy of Zede and use him as my slave :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Outlander said:
hey I wants ppl to text me too dammit :(
lol you dont want me texting you, when i get drunk i start texting random obsenities at folk :cheers:

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
darksword is actualy extremly correct:) to live a life of care free and not care about the consequences of your actions would be as he says :) although of course that would be the extremitys of carefree! i dont beleive anyone could seriously share all those traits. unless he was maybe king henry the 8th or some royal figure, maybe himler :)

S

Shatari

If death came now, I just wouldn't care. I just can't do it myself as I think of all those I would leave back in missery/sorrow. I owe those that loves me too much to just leave this world like that.

I only care about how people will remember me when I one day die. End of story.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ras give me the will and strength of 40 henchman

BTW if you couldnt tell i was showing the extreme, to show how fake the whole idea is.

No one can live care free, thats the point.

Sure you could say "i have my priorities different, i dont worry about the things that are given importance as much because i feel that other things require my attention like friends and having fun."

but that isnt what he said he said he is care free, that implies bollocks to the world because this is what i want to do with no care for anything else.

I entirely understood what he was saying, but both the phrasing and the actual idea is stupid. What he seems to be saying is this thing that everyone goes through at some point, apathey, however, i personally feel apathy to be the amongst the worst human traits. And for tris to be proud of this is obsene.

tris-

ok, so i take you still have not understood what i have said since i clarified what i meant.

i will put it even more simply - i take each day as it comes. i dont care much about what people think of me, apart from close friends and my parents. everyone else i couldnt give a bollocks about. i dont have lack of feels fyi. but i dont bother to worry about things that may or not happen. i also dont lack interest/enthusiasm in things either. i just dont care about stuff everyone worries about "like omg this might happen so i better do this instead". i.e. might fail an exam. you might not, why worry about it?

is that better for you?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
ok, so i take you still have not understood what i have said since i clarified what i meant.

i will put it even more simply - i take each day as it comes. i dont care much about what people think of me, apart from close friends and my parents. everyone else i couldnt give a bollocks about. i dont have lack of feels fyi. but i dont bother to worry about things that may or not happen. i also dont lack interest/enthusiasm in things either. i just dont care about stuff everyone worries about "like omg this might happen so i better do this instead". i.e. might fail an exam. you might not, why worry about it?

is that better for you?

if you dont worry you wont revise then you stand a greater chance of failing. and yeh, why couldnt u just say that straight away? :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom