life and death

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
how is it you live life and what do you think of death?

ive always told people live life care free. untill latley i never did pratice what i preach.

now i do.

and death... the only thing that saddens me about death is never seeing my friends again. yesterday could of been the last day i ever seen someone.

after today i will probably not see that other person ever again.

me and a friend both ponderd over the fact we WILL die and will not ever see each other again when we do
it made us feel pretty depressed, so we stopped!
and we made the most of the time we had together! we did things we wouldnt normall do, and didnt do things we sometimes did!

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
No point worrying over something you have no control over. When I die, my opinion is that nothing will happen, I will simply loose consiousness and never wake up.

Everyones thought about what will happen once they die. I'm guessing you've been smoking weed or something to be thinking about this sort of thing at 3 in the morning :p Its something you should think about when you're 50+ not early twenties... like I'm guessing you are. As long as you ensure that your loved ones are looked after to the best of your abilities I dont have a problem with dying.

tris-

nah wasnt smoking weed at the time. im not even 20 either, im 19 :) but im one of those old head young shoulders type of mother fucker.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
only thing that bothers me about dying is how I do it tbh :p quick and painless tyvm :)

apart from that I dont care! :D

echome

Fledgling Freddie
When I die I want it to be with a big big kaabooooom ! - I am impressed by the suicide bombers. Might just do something like that... Just that I'll kill a lot of birds, insted of humans... I hate birds... Nasty animals.:eek6:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Tris, dude, had you been hot boxin your bathroom or somethin? :D

That's the kind of stuff i used to find myself gettin into conversations about with confused hippies at squat parties and stuff "back in the day" :clap:

Consider this though - How do you know that you and that person are not the only two people on this planet who, for no known reason, just keep on living? You don't know how long you've got left to see that person again, so how do you know that you're actually going to die? I know that every single human that has ever experienced life has naturally gone on to try a snack from the death buffet, but... theres always that chance, and we won't know til we go, "ooh, i think i just had my "AAA Life: Live on Planet Earth" pass expire..." and you fall over deaded.

Never know...

hang on, i've lost my lighter... :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Outlander said:
only thing that bothers me about dying is how I do it tbh :p quick and painless tyvm :)

apart from that I dont care! :D

What about an emo suicide pact while making little Outty's? :D

tris-

Rediknight said:
Tris, dude, had you been hot boxin your bathroom or somethin? :D

That's the kind of stuff i used to find myself gettin into conversations about with confused hippies at squat parties and stuff "back in the day" :clap:

err no :eek:. its just the kind of thing we talk about sometimes to make us appreciate things more or boost confidence for someone.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
lol 50 +, ive been thinking about the glorfication of death since i was 7, hrm sweets days pondering about how much gratification it would be to see people all huddled around you laughing at your dead corpse:), death is as much a part of life as birth, even more so! everyone is going to have the privalage of death one day, so the idea is live to the fullest and die young so you dont have bother with the frailities of age and the problems of catering for a child or grand children, HEAVENS NO!:p

tris-

lol a child? i dont think so ffs. no wife either. ive always said a partner is nothing but someone who causes shit and changes your life from what you like doing.

tbfh, i will keep my life how it is.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Death worries me a lot. So much so that I am very protective over anything that could cause death. I guess being so close to it myself several years ago kind of makes you appreciate life more than someone who hasn't encountered it at all. Trust me, it is not nice lying in a hospital bed with family around you waiting to find out whether your chances of staying alive have increased or whether you may die.

Personally I think all the 'live life how it is and then have no fear of death' is a load of bollocks. Death is something evil which takes away friends, family and loved ones. It isn't just a one minute thing. If your wife dies, you won't see your wife ever again until you die yourself (if your a believer of that sort of thing).

If your a mother with 3 children and your hushband dies, you should fear death - not only because its taken your loved ones away but because your children are fatherless, you've lost stability and because you have to cope on your own.

Old-age dying is ofcourse a different thing altogether. If you 90+ and your gonna die soon then it seems to me to be a peaceful and honorable thing. You can say you lived life to the fullest, you can look back on your memories and you understand that you've been fortunate as to see many generations of the world in your lifeline.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Lets be honest here - if we all aim towards the target that we will all eventually die (whether thats true or not, we wait with baited breath! ;)) then i personally want to make sure i get the most out of me - by the time i go, ill have shriveled up blackened lungs, scars from head to toe, frostbite, tyre marks on my head, probably only one eye (if any - i might start wearing an eye patch anyway when im older :D) and harldy any teeth left...

i'm getting my moneys worth out of this thing, dammit - even the worms won't want me when im buried and ill be a hideous corpse

all except the big toothless grin on my face :m00:

noblok

Part of the furniture
In the words of Epicurus: "Death is nothing to us."

I can see how you're afraid of dieing, I can see how you're afraid of someone else's death, but I don't get fear of your own death. You have no experience of death, because as soon as you're dead you're not there anymore to experience it. It's either you or death, but never both at the same time. Unless you're planning to turn into a vampire off course :).

tris-

i wish i was a vampire then id suck the blood of 18 yr old virgins and shag them from sunset to sunrise.

at that point id retire to my coffin for the day before starting it all again.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Tbh its natural to be scared of death but at the same time its completely pointless because everything dies, it might take several billion years but in the end everything does it just as everything comes in to life.

The way i live my life is I do the best i can, I have more times of total contentment and joy than sadness (which is a refreshing change) and I make the most of things, I'd really hate to be at that point where your about to die and my life flashes before my eyes and think "omg how boring, this is worse than steel magnolias!" I try not to do things that I'll regret and if I've done something I'm not happy about I'll either try and fix it or just let it go and not do it again.

Death for me isn't especially troublesome my own death that is, I do worry about the bit before that and how I will die (i.e will it hurt? will it be long and painful? will I be alone?) but dying is a bit of an adventure, after all you didnt know where you were going to end up when you were born did you? and tbh I'd be more worried about that like what family your going to end up being with? will you be healthy? will you be treated well and loved or will you be abused and miserable?

I do worry about my bf going before me because he's really the only person I have and that would be awful but if thats how things are ment to be then I can't stop it (and I'm not one of these "don't worry" people, i do worry I can't help but worry, but I do try and recognise it and not let it over come me).

I tell you what upsets me more (and this is really silly) is the thought of the world dying I worry about what'll happen to all the animal and plant life, all the great things that people have done the knowledge and things like that for it all to be gone one day that really upsets me.

Anyhoo thats me but everyones different.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
prolly be on my grave, 'died while trying to touch Ez's jubblies' :m00:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
how is it you live life and what do you think of death?

ive always told people live life care free. untill latley i never did pratice what i preach.

now i do.

bullshit, completely impossible, and even if it was completely stupid.

Care free would be to have literally no worries, thats not possible for many millions of reasons heck just think about it.

To live care free would be to never love, because if your care free your likely to harm the person you love, to be willing to do that isnt loving, but then to not love because of this is not living care free, you are carrying a burden of not wanting to harm others, and thus want to please others, to please others is a task, one with its own rewards yes but still a task, to feel pride in your work is to care, therefore you are not "care" free. etc etc etc.

Not only this, but if you live care free your more than certainly turning a blind eye to the millions of deaths every year which can be prevented, such as AIDs, War, Poverty. To do this is above all else cowardly, and ungodly, you deserve to burn in hell if you dont feel for your fellow man and entirely neglect there needs because it would be too much of a burden on your care free fucking western culture idealistic balls in your mouth "IM ALL HIPPY CARE FREE DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT LIFE" attitude.

You sir, are, as im sure is controversial of me personally to say this on these forums, but must, for all sane reasons be said, an arsehole.

i live life to love. simple.

Tilda

I suggest you and your friend have a wank together, this will ease the mood.

and who knows, when you die, you might just end up in a new "life" with all your old friends :p

Tilda

Darksword said:
bullshit, completely impossible, and even if it was completely stupid.

Care free would be to have literally no worries, thats not possible for many millions of reasons heck just think about it.

To live care free would be to never love, because if your care free your likely to harm the person you love, to be willing to do that isnt loving, but then to not love because of this is not living care free, you are carrying a burden of not wanting to harm others, and thus want to please others, to please others is a task, one with its own rewards yes but still a task, to feel pride in your work is to care, therefore you are not "care" free. etc etc etc.

Not only this, but if you live care free your more than certainly turning a blind eye to the millions of deaths every year which can be prevented, such as AIDs, War, Poverty. To do this is above all else cowardly, and ungodly, you deserve to burn in hell if you dont feel for your fellow man and entirely neglect there needs because it would be too much of a burden on your care free fucking western culture idealistic balls in your mouth "IM ALL HIPPY CARE FREE DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT LIFE" attitude.

You sir, are, as im sure is controversial of me personally to say this on these forums, but must, for all sane reasons be said, an arsehole.

live life to love. simple.

I see Darksword comes out of his box to once again make me question why he isn't banned on these forums.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Just some friendly advice: before you start insulting people it's usually a good idea to ask for a clarification. Especially in this case, since "care free" is rather vague a term.

tris-

Darksword said:
random shit

you know, i thought you were a ok kinda FH guy. but after this insane outburst i think your a twat.
how is being laid back the same as being an ass hole?
i was going to write a long paragraph about what i meant by care free, seen as its got no definitive meaning. but obviously you like to ignore what ever is said and jump to conclusions.

lol. and no, im not concerned too much about you being a twat. no amount of concern is going to change that is it.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
I see Darksword comes out of his box to once again make me question why he isn't banned on these forums.

ban me then :p

only came back to FH last night to see what threads were up, this was and was complete bullshit so i pointed out the flaws in the philosophy. Actually theres many philosophical debates about this idea, i think theres even a quote from descartes idea about this aswell. Bleh :)

tris-

why is it bullshit to live in a laid back life style? i think your lifestyle is bull shit if you live life to love.

just because, thats all. the only reason i have to say it is because you also spouted shit for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom