Lets be positive about GOA for a bit...

Everz

FH is my second home
Is that a picture of the Camlaan server just after someone yelled "PULL!!" and slightly before the loud bang? :)

That would be them taking the hamster off the wheel finally.

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
I wanna be positive too!!

I played DAoC but not enough to get involved either way in opinions on GOA. I did enjoy it though, which is the important bit.

GOA have, so far, delivered on all the promises they have made. Sure ppl have cancelled preorders and stuff 'cos its outrageous that the AC is not up 48hrs prior to OPEN BETA' but, when did GOA say they would? As long as they get it done by sunday lunchtime and the servers launch then no point complaining.

Sure, I'm pissed I didnt get a PW or 2 but thats Mythics choice, not GOA restricting us.
And yeah, I cancelled my EA order but more cos EA wouldnt reply to me (so I went with D2D who gave me keys immediately).
And yeah, I'm secretly hittin F5 every few mins, prayin that the Ac is up and GOA decided to give us all a bit of a surprise (made me so happy when LOTRO did that - but then ppl screamed cos it launched EARLY (??)).

So, I'm feelin positve, the devs are givin us lots of feedback and GOA got good reviews from closed beta players.

(And I'm a bit drunk prior to goin out so makes me more happy)

Sorry for ramblin..hic!!:drink:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
The benefit is if 50,000 people all cram onto one server at Head Start, when the game goes live they will have to re-roll as the server queue will be too huge for all their mates.
And the downside is potentially having some servers that never get past half full.

Pretty much every MMO launch has struggled with this one, theres no easy answer.

Everz

FH is my second home
I wanna be positive too!!

I played DAoC but not enough to get involved either way in opinions on GOA. I did enjoy it though, which is the important bit.

GOA have, so far, delivered on all the promises they have made. Sure ppl have cancelled preorders and stuff 'cos its outrageous that the AC is not up 48hrs prior to OPEN BETA' but, when did GOA say they would? As long as they get it done by sunday lunchtime and the servers launch then no point complaining.

Sure, I'm pissed I didnt get a PW or 2 but thats Mythics choice, not GOA restricting us.
And yeah, I cancelled my EA order but more cos EA wouldnt reply to me (so I went with D2D who gave me keys immediately).
And yeah, I'm secretly hittin F5 every few mins, prayin that the Ac is up and GOA decided to give us all a bit of a surprise (made me so happy when LOTRO did that - but then ppl screamed cos it launched EARLY (??)).

So, I'm feelin positve, the devs are givin us lots of feedback and GOA got good reviews from closed beta players.

(And I'm a bit drunk prior to goin out so makes me more happy)

Sorry for ramblin..hic!!:drink:

By the sounds of it, it seems GOA have learnt there lessons from DAoC which is a positive sign :drink:

rynnor

Rockhound
I must say I think its great the way GOA have organised so much awfull weather so that we arent tempted to venture outside.

Excerpt from the minutes of GOA Marketing team meeting -

Goa Marketeer 1 - "how can we boost the numbers playing the open beta so we get a really good test"

GoaMarketeer 2 "I know - lets get an evil sorceress to cast a rain spell over the whole of europe!"

rynnor

Rockhound
well mine is.

Aww :(

I reccomend either Spore for PC or Viva Pinata for the DS either of which will tide you over the next day and a half :)

Edit : both of which just came out

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
Iv got a fever tho so can't run out and buy them :(

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
Not to sound out of place, but would it make a difference if they did deliver the support? Seems most people have made up their minds and are just out for a witch hunt. Blizzards support was piss poor and still is debatable, AoC's support was horrendous, and Sony's support is far from perfect. In fact the only MMO where I've never had an issue with community support is EVE.

Can we not at least give GoA a chance?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie

Reason and logic don't work on internet forums you should know that. ;)

Magnus and Iain talk more on the boards than any other CMs working on major titles. I rarely see this activity outside of smaller MMOs.

But some people think since they have pre ordered a game it puts them on the board of directors.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
Not to sound out of place, but would it make a difference if they did deliver the support? Seems most people have made up their minds and are just out for a witch hunt. Blizzards support was piss poor and still is debatable, AoC's support was horrendous, and Sony's support is far from perfect. In fact the only MMO where I've never had an issue with community support is EVE.

what you're saying there about EVE is actually true... so far it's the best MMO service I've encountered so far

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
The Account Centre should have been up weeks ago and all we should be doing now is calmly waiting for Open Beta/release.

why ? if it is up on sunday at 1300 and it runs without issues, it`s ok.

does it make such a diff to you to be able to register early ?

register early or not, the only thing you can do is calmly wait for open beta / release.

i am confident that everything will work as nintendo on sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom