Lets be positive about GOA for a bit...

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, I just read this long post on warhammeralliance (most of it, anyway) which was very bashing about GOA...

And yes, GOA has made many mistakes, but if you want to whine about them, go to another thread!

I think it would be good to look at some of the good things GOA has done for a bit, just to get the mood up a bit :D

I remember in DAoC that GOA did some things for us EU players that wasn't done (some of it, anyway) for NA players which was awesome..

Custom Quests, in which a GM ran a quest, in a period they did one every week, shifting between the 3 realms, so 1 week Albion had a quest, then Hibernia next week and then Midgaard, and then back to Albion!

I remember spending a few hours running around in SI into, I think, Trollheim to fight some custom made NPCs and then get back and get some wolfskin cloak, which was absolutely terrible, but the event was super fun!

Who else had some fun with that?

Or the time they transfered Thid into a Event for all 3 realms, I remember Midgard getting access from outside of Gna faste, and some of the rewards was awesome (didn't get any, but boy was I jalous of those who did :D) and super fun!

Or Soccer! Was outside of Jordheim in Midgard and was quite often in a period, never got to play, but those I talked with who did said it was super fun!

Come on! Somebody else might have more to add or experiences from any of those 3 to share :) Much more fun killing time with something positive rather than negative

And please, don't reply if you just want to whine about them, as said, that belongs in other threads :D

Uara

Part of the furniture
Yeah I remember some of the special event that went on. Im sure there was some sort of festival at Ludlow at some point organised by GoA GM's. It was a good laugh!

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
They gave my chars lots of Plats and aurulite for standing around naked for weeks................................

Though i did get alot of stuff on Excal in the mean time :m00:

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I remember some of the special event that went on. Im sure there was some sort of festival at Ludlow at some point organised by GoA GM's. It was a good laugh!

Been a VERY long time, so memory might be failing, but if you are referring to a 'fair and festival' on Prydwen many years back, that was primarily player inspired, run and staffed, although extremely well supported by the then GOA rep who placed all sorts of vendors and decorative items in the area.

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
Cornwall station Classic, fighting a Minotaur, it was fun to see after he died, hundrends of /released Gravestones :) If i remember correctly he dropped DF Diamonds + Items? Grr too long ago, dont remember quite well .

Everz

FH is my second home
They gave my chars lots of Plats and aurulite for standing around naked for weeks................................

Though i did get alot of stuff on Excal in the mean time :m00:

I lied and got 200p on my previously empty 35 spiritmaster :p.

As someone said above the Thid event and the legendary Barrels were awesome.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
I remember in DAoC that GOA did some things for us EU players that wasn't done (some of it, anyway) for NA players which was awesome..
Indeed they did.

They lasted a week, yet were responsible for many weeks worth of added delays to multiple patches.

Worth it? Not really.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
It was absolutely worth it if you ask me. The amount of shit patched Mythic gave the US means they actually lost playtime. We didn't, we just got patched a bit later.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
What are those Barrels people call legendary? :D

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, those was EU only?

Was such a neat item, was basicly a micro add on as it was a permanent quest through

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, they were EU only. The US players compained about it so much, having to carry round inventories full of single potions.

Mey

Part of the furniture
You could carry more charges of alchemy rather than having to carry 20million pots you just had 2-3 barrells.

When DAOC first started in the UK Goa were absolutely fantastic, the staff were dead keen, events ran all the time!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Nope, nope and ... nope.

Congrats Mey: 3 out of 3.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Draylor, go away... specificly asked for negativity be kept away from this thread, so stop being a immature troll and take your negativity to another place.... your current behaviour is just plain childish

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
tbh could not care less what GoA do in game in play quests....when i buy a game i want real support way more important to me than some quests they make up or other random junk....

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Well, for support I remember ML quests going stuck and GMs coming and fixing it for you, making stuff respawn ahead of schedule due to credits for the encounter having bugged up.

They couldn't hand out credit, but reset the encounter they could, at least the smaller ones, bigger encounters had issues due to the drops

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I agree Xanthea. That's why I'm glad that GOA will be offering 24/7 support for the EU servers.
And if they do add in extras, such as the wonderful barrels, community events, etc, then all the better!

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well, for support I remember ML quests going stuck and GMs coming and fixing it for you, making stuff respawn ahead of schedule due to credits for the encounter having bugged up.

They couldn't hand out credit, but reset the encounter they could, at least the smaller ones, bigger encounters had issues due to the drops

Except if it happened in weekends, on the bugged ML runs I was in.
Then it was pure luck if something would happen before the week day.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH

True, but they are going to be offering 24/7 support for Warhammer, so that should no longer be an issue

I also loved how they could stay in a good mood despite most things :)

Vell

Fledgling Freddie

Which was sadly due to stupid French work laws rather than anything GOA controlled. Since the GMs have now moved to Ireland, we should have it much better.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
What's your point?
Simply that historically the majority didnt agree with you.

GOAs events were fine - fun even - on the days they ran. However there was a price to be paid for these (the delays), and all in all they werent worth that price.

Many many bugs spent weeks or months longer on the European servers than the US, and one of the major reasons for these delays was the events.

Maybe they didnt interfere with the way you played too heavily, but they did with others.

Everz

FH is my second home
It meant we had a few more months of OF so i really didnt complain tbh.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Simply that historically the majority didnt agree with you.

Care to explain how you came to the conclusion that I'm in the minority about a number of things, simply because I choose to play one game over another? Certainly, more people play WoW than Everquest2, but how many of those people have played both games to an extent that an informed choice could be made? Further, I accept that I'm in the minority regarding that one thing, but how can you tell that I'm in the minority about a number of things, as you said in your initial post, simply from the game I currently play?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
1 thing + another thing = 2 things, thats things, plural, otherwise known as 'a number of things'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom