Lets be bad guys...

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Appears that people playing both DaoC and WoW and had the bitter taste of beling the Albion/Alliance side and being on the lower end now all feels like doing Evil side etc. so who knows. maybe the evil ones become the "albion" this time.

Chosen all the way for myself :clap:

and thats my first post in quite some tiiiime

:ninja:

angrymoon

Fledgling Freddie
I'll have to watch what everyone does...The chaos side appeals to me as empire makes me think of Albion...But I have an inkling they wont be the zerg side

angrymoon

Fledgling Freddie
Appears that people playing both DaoC and WoW and had the bitter taste of beling the Albion/Alliance side and being on the lower end now all feels like doing Evil side etc. so who knows. maybe the evil ones become the "albion" this time.

Chosen all the way for myself :clap:

and thats my first post in quite some tiiiime

:ninja:

I didn't see your post, I never played WoW...but I have a feeling chaos will get popular

I hope in a new expansion a new realm will open up...it seems like a gap could form too easily when theres 2 choices only

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I didn't see your post, I never played WoW...but I have a feeling chaos will get popular

I hope in a new expansion a new realm will open up...it seems like a gap could form too easily when theres 2 choices only

its well far from WoW though with two choices. I bet hard that the Good/Bad side will differ a lot. not to mention the factions are split though able to participate in each others battles.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think Destruction will be the new Alb - I'll play whichever side is least popular - less busy and tends to be better community.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I think Destruction will be the new Alb - I'll play whichever side is least popular - less busy and tends to be better community.

I hope they go Order with the shiny wizards and knights .....

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Don't worry, Destruction will be like Horde and Order will be like Alliance. There's no such thing as an overpopulated "evil" side.

rynnor

Rockhound
Don't worry, Destruction will be like Horde and Order will be like Alliance. There's no such thing as an overpopulated "evil" side.

Theres always a first time :)

Heres my big list of thoughts -

1).Many Warhammer players will be coming from the tabletop/miniatures side (GW hope) - these players are fairly likely to play the races they own the miniatures for so probably more destruction than order (I think Chaos is about the most popular).

2).Destruction looks cooler :p The dwarfs are ok and the WitchHunter but the high elves look pretty weak :p

Whereas The orcs are crude n beefy or have cool looking pets - the Chaos bloke uses his arms as weapons - the chaos mage flys on a demon disk and the dark elves are evil and sexy. Visually theres no contest.

3). The WoW factor - most played Alliance - now theyll fancy a change.

4). Pet class - so far the only one is on the destruction side - these classes are usually pretty popular.

5). Most of those with prior MMO experience seem to be headed to destruction - not a huge part of the market but significant.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Theres always a first time :)

Heres my big list of thoughts -

1).Many Warhammer players will be coming from the tabletop/miniatures side (GW hope) - these players are fairly likely to play the races they own the miniatures for so probably more destruction than order (I think Chaos is about the most popular).

2).Destruction looks cooler :p The dwarfs are ok and the WitchHunter but the high elves look pretty weak :p

Whereas The orcs are crude n beefy or have cool looking pets - the Chaos bloke uses his arms as weapons - the chaos mage flys on a demon disk and the dark elves are evil and sexy. Visually theres no contest.

3). The WoW factor - most played Alliance - now theyll fancy a change.

4). Pet class - so far the only one is on the destruction side - these classes are usually pretty popular.

5). Most of those with prior MMO experience seem to be headed to destruction - not a huge part of the market but significant.

I think not:

1) I think most players will NOT be GW players, because there are simply more pc gamers than tabletop gamers, granted, this game will attract both, but still pc gamers outnumber GW players vastly.

2) Horde also looks cooler than Alliance. It's not about what looks coolest, it's what people like to identify themselves with. Most people, and this is a fact, like to be the heroic knight in shiny armour.

3) Most people played Alliance in WoW, and those who wanted a change got it. Still Alliance outnumbers Horde on most servers.

4) The Squig Herder will be a hugely popular class on Destrucion, but so will the Witch Hunter on Order, it's actually the only class on that side who looks like he can kick some serious behind.

5) Most people who have played an MMO? Do you include people whose only experience is WoW? Because in that case, I think you're wrong: most people who only know WoW as an MMO probably haven't even heard of anything else because they're too addicted to WoW. This could leave 2 scenarios: either they continue to play WoW after WAR is released, or they see WAR has drained the playerbase from WoW and start playing WAR. If that happens, they'll go to Order.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Personally i can see the empire being well populated as well as Chaos. I think if we stop looking at it as Order vs Destruction and look at individual pairings. Empire will maybe outnumber Chaos, but there's a lot of people gonna play squig herders so lots of Greenskins. Then you got the elf lovers. You've got your elf lovers, who probably have some cross over with those who just wanna play a female in not much clothing....so dark elves will outnumber high elves. There's always a faction that want to be 'the elder race' tho. Dwarfs i think are gonna be at a disadvantage, because no matter how cool they look, not many identify with them.

So in terms of population i can see it going
1. Empire.
2. Chaos
3. Greenskins
4. Dark Elves.
5. High Elves
6. Dwarves

Puts order at a major disadvantage by my reckoning. But hey, that's one of the reasons i wanna go dwarf :D

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Valid point. If this does happen, it's dwarf for me as well. But for the moment, I'll go Zealot.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
2) Horde also looks cooler than Alliance. It's not about what looks coolest, it's what people like to identify themselves with. Most people, and this is a fact, like to be the heroic knight in shiny armour.
tho according to the lore from WC3, its the alliance thats the bad guys so they are just missinformed about who the heroic side really is ;)

Horde is obviously the more hoourable side of the two, if you exclude the undeads ofc. they just want to kill everyone and doesen't realy care about anyone but themself :)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
tho according to the lore from WC3, its the alliance thats the bad guys so they are just missinformed about who the heroic side really is ;)

Only complete geeks know the WC3 lore, or care about it. Most people who have played the games, or rolled into WoW saw Horde as the evil side, and Alliance as the good side. People can say all they want that Horde was in fact "good" and Alliance "evil", it's not what the majority thought.

Night_Stalker

Fledgling Freddie
I think its a very hard question to answer because not all of the playerbase will be coming from the warhammer fan base. Most of thouse will likly join Order side, history has shown thats where they go, aswell as understanding Chaos or Waaagh will be very hard for people outside of the warhammer storylinie.
Whether Dark elfs are gonna be popular beyond thouse who play with them or like the playing stile wich won't be the first rollers, they might suffer the Gay-Elf faktor from WoW, only few "destro - horde" players will likly detest the idea of playing a gay-elf. Atleast that how i started out, although i knew most about Order- i jsut odn't liek playing pretty pretty classes, its just dull. After that decide on what role to play, zHealBot became my choice.

Getting an idea of balance from the aktiv communetie isn't hard, jsut make a poll on the warhammer homepage. But thats still not all players, there might come thouse Pvp'ers from WoW that are looking for a more pvp oriented play what are they gonna pick? Aswell as people getting into it at a spur of the moment, they'll likly jsut gona pcik what looks the "coolest" and this is always hard to answer but i think Witch hunter has a very good shot at it. Aswell as the bulky chosen. Not to mention the Boobs faktor from the Elves

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
the daoc population in WaR will be far from enough to overpopulate any side.. more than 500000 signed up for beta - order will be the kiddies as always

K

Kai

I will be dark elf healer and a squibb dps.

any one know when its released?:eek7:

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I wanna be Evil but i think Chaos is going to be like Alb.

I can see it now...

Random Chaosplayer 1 : Muhahaha, lets corrupt these lands with vile Chaos slime... You there, pull one of 'em small things...

Random Chaosplayer 2 : Ready ? Wait a sec... INCCCCCCC

Ye Ol' Random Chaosgroup in unison : Damn so they kept the Tanglers... /REZ PLZ

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Everybody should play against Roo.

I think we'd need some reinforcements though.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
The thing I think why people will choose chaos now is because in every other MMO there is no clear 'Evil' side. In WoW neither the Horde or the Alliance takes the evil path. This is what it looks like in War that the chaos will be evil and not just a little so they have a dark armor and shady town but REALLY with like human sacrifice, ok mayby a bit much, but they are real evil... That is what will tip the scale for most player to choose the chaos side... For me chaos is the only choise since it's more deppressing ^^

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
4 years later...

It's good to be back! Midgard.. sorry Empire ftw!

:touch:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Although not been able to get in beta, still looking forward to WAR. I *miss* the big stuff.

Hopefully a lot of peeps that worked well together in the DAoC Prydwen community will land on the same server for shared nostalgia and ass kicking :)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
me => Chaos Zealot
I wouldn't take these rumours of Chaos overpopulating in comparison to Order too serious anyway.
Remember WoW? Horde was to pwn Alliance in term of population and what do we see? It's the other way around.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I guess I have to join this server aswell lurking around as a little shaman.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

Myself and some others will be joining in Warhammer as Ancient Shadows, the guild we made in WoW which is primarly made up of ex-DAoC players. We'll be hitting the ground running hopefully with old friends from The Unforgiven and others, along with some new friends we've made in the last 3 years. We intend to have a strong alliance of guilds right from the get-go.

There'll be some familiar faces in new masks and all new old style goonery.

Muhahahaha(TM)

K

Kharok Svark

I think I will make a few different characters, goblin squig herder, maybe some kind of dark elf healer, and no doubt a chaos tank.

Will probably end up playing the tank, but you never know ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom