let's ban FH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyfr

Banned
The problem with Jupitus is even if hes wrong he won't admit it :p
He will act all friendly saying i'll talk about it to you on irc, then he will just not back down, when you prove him wrong he will go back to the old 'I don't get paid for this, I do it out of my own free time so stop bothering me'
If you don't have the time to deal with the community you should let someone who does, be a mod instead :)

Tilda

To be honest I think half of the prydwen lot are behaving like retards.
If you want to use prydwen.net, be my guest, the mods get more free time and FH reduces its bandwidth costs.

I support Jup's bannings totally, when p0x bumped the thread, he was being stupid, the people who jumped on the p0x bandwaggon were foolish to do so, and should have thought a similar thing would have happened to them. If I had got to the threads before Jup, i'd have banned them too.

Bumping threads, a grats thread nonetheless, is stupid almost all of the time. Doing it to a grats thread is just asking for a ban imho.
Doing it, after you see someone else get banned for it is sheer stupidity.

Its like real life. If you play chicken infront of a 50 tonne truck, dont be supprised when you get flattened.

Tilda

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
ill bet most of the twats complaining about mods havent modded before.

Ziva

Fluffy
Cyfr said:
The problem with Jupitus is even if hes wrong he won't admit it :p
He will act all friendly saying i'll talk about it to you on irc, then he will just not back down, when you prove him wrong he will go back to the old 'I don't get paid for this, I do it out of my own free time so stop bothering me'
If you don't have the time to deal with the community you should let someone who does, be a mod instead :)
I think you don't know Jup well enough :D

Anyways, as long as some of you seem to think that you can actually make someone change their ways by insulting them, annoying them, ignoring them or keep disagreeing with them (just because you don't like the person) you won't accomplish much in general i think.

If you really want to try to change something, start communicating in a normal way instead of doing all or one of the above. Noone is perfect and we (as mods) never claim to be, however if throwing mud is some peoples way of "communicating" then don't be surprised if there comes a time when people don't listen anymore and take action :D

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Ziva said:
I think you don't know Jup well enough :D

Anyways, as long as some of you seem to think that you can actually make someone change their ways by insulting them, annoying them, ignoring them or keep disagreeing with them (just because you don't like the person) you won't accomplish much in general i think.

If you really want to try to change something, start communicating in a normal way instead of doing all or one of the above. Noone is perfect and we (as mods) never claim to be, however if throwing mud is some peoples way of "communicating" then don't be surprised if there comes a time when people don't listen anymore and take action :D

:wub: Ziva. Why don't you come to OT no more? :(

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Ziva said:
There are a couple of reasons for bumping old threads.

- Because you put more information in it so people can stay up to date
- Because an "old" thread has become actual again
- Because you like to piss off your fellow forumusers and moderators and make them go to a thread, look for the reason why it was bumped and then to find out it was for "fun"

The first two reasons are valid, the last one is just plain lame.
p0x could have been doing any of those or maybe all of those - expecting the worst alone is very bad modding, that combined with banning is simply horrible modding. Then again I'm sure p0x done something else to get banned. Right?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
To be honest I think half of the prydwen lot are behaving like retards.

Only half? That's an improvement then :p

I don't think Juppie even needed to reply to half of the messages on this thread, having to justify himself. If you don't like his actions please feel free to **** off elsewhere ... it's not as if any of the whiners contribute to the upkeep of FH in the first place :m00:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Saggy said:
p0x could have been doing any of those or maybe all of those - expecting the worst alone is very bad modding, that combined with banning is simply horrible modding. Then again I'm sure p0x done something else to get banned. Right?

Bollocks. The thread he bumped was from January 24th 2004.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Jupitus said:
Bollocks. The thread he bumped was from January 24th 2004.
Yes, and maybe that thread came actual again because of Loch lagging the similar way as s/he done in that movie? I'm not saying that is what happened but that could have been the reason for p0x's reply - search for loch AND lagging -> rly? thread -> reply there instead of making a new thread. The mod who banned him expected the worst instead of opening eyes to see the other possibilities, simply as that (with the information I've been given, maybe p0x done something else).

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Saggy said:
Yes, and maybe that thread came actual again because of Loch lagging the similar way as s/he done in that movie?
Bullshit. Let's not mince words; it was a useless bump of a nearly year-old thread, nothing else.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Ziva said:
<snip>

as far as I know, I've never insulted Jup, ignored or annoyed him. I just really don't agree with the way this has been dealt with. I have asked all my questions in what I consider a normal and decent way. I do not dislike Jup. I don't know him even, so I don't have any feelings, good or bad towards him, but I think this matter was and is handled poorly by the mods. I mean... giving a seemingly harmless action like bumping an old thread thesame (or even worse, since most griefposters seem to be ignored) punishment as the griefposters is just utterly wrong.
plus to make things worse, when it comes up for discussion, just closing threads and giving replies like
Jupitus said:
Thanks for the vote of no confidence. No more baiting now.
Jupitus said:
I AM a fucking admin:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showgroups.php?

I get involved here as I know the game and alot of the players, usually to back up the regular mods who do a great job here despite the fucktards they have to put up with. If you really want Deebs to wander down here with his ban stick then carry on, but I can assure you 100% he'll take the same stance. I'm doing my best to warn you all rather than banning people, so get with the program and go relax and play.
Jupitus said:
and not talking about the topic would've saved a lot, and I mean a LOT, of other whines. If the first one was just addressed properly with a valid reason, non of this would've happened. There would've just been a decent discussion without all the seemingly random bannings of people that don't agree with Jupitus.

if you temp banned pOx, Rudor and all the others... then surely there are loads of posters here that need perma bans, just open a random thread with multiple pages and you'll see some trashtalkers straight away

and while you're at it, in this thread, just some quotes:

Mank said:
Unconstructive postcount farming
Belomar said:
What a bunch of whiners
again unconstructive postcount farming plus insulting post.
~Yuckfou~ said:
So the biggest FW bandwidth whores are complaining about the place that gives them somewhere to swap sandal stories? Threatening to not use FW?

cya.
Unconstructive postcount farming, insulting post and his name is obviously an anagram for a blatant insult.
Conjurus said:
Do we really want these filthy albs and mids on pryd.net? :<
again unconstructive postcount farming plus insulting post. (I just took a shower)
Thrinnor said:
How about because its fucking retarded?

Think thats a decent enough answer for ya.
Unconstructive postcount farming, plus insulting half the users as fucking retards?
Dillinja said:
Hahahahha. This thread amuses me greatly.
Unconstructive postcount farming
Lazarus said:
ill bet most of the twats complaining about mods havent modded before.
insulting
~Yuckfou~ said:
..or subbed.
see his previous quote

I could continue for a while, and that's only this thread.... okay.. it seems you love it so much... start banning then....

or rather... don't cos FH would be empty instantly, but if you guys were consistent in your actions you should...

Clown

Part of the furniture
Right. I'm going to try to be as as constructive, as non-post-farming-ive and non-insulting as possible.

Fuck off.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Saggy said:
Yes, and maybe that thread came actual again because of Loch lagging the similar way as s/he done in that movie? I'm not saying that is what happened but that could have been the reason for p0x's reply - search for loch AND lagging -> rly? thread -> reply there instead of making a new thread. The mod who banned him expected the worst instead of opening eyes to see the other possibilities, simply as that (with the information I've been given, maybe p0x done something else).
have to agree with Belomar. If pox was actually serious about bumping that thread because loch was supposedly abusing lag than his post wouldnt (or atleast shouldnt) have been "Oh, agree I do!". It doesnt clarify at all why he actually bumped the thread nor would have it actually added anything to the thread if his post would have been made when the thread was active (with whom does he agree with the threadstarter, with the general opinion in the thread or with the last poster?).
Besides if noone had started a free pox campagne and pox would have apologized or explained his bumping was for an actual reason (either by irc or possibly by using someone else to pm jupiter).

If a parking agent writes you a ticket while you stand next to your car throwing a fit and saying he is doing a poor job. Will surely not help your case, even if you were right. If you are polite you might talk yourself out of the ticket or not, but screaming loudly that this is an injustice will only help you into further trouble.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Bullshit. Let's not mince words; it was a useless bump of a nearly year-old thread, nothing else.
That is what you want to believe and you are probably right. It doesn't make the other possibilities, the ones at least mods should be looking into, disappear. My point wasn't that did p0x deserve ban or not, I wanted to see what was the reaction of mod when he saw p0x's post - Jupitus (if it was he who banned him) expected the worst and banned p0x without considering that there may have been valid reason for his post -> horrible modding.

Bumping old threads is annoying, yes, and its purely up to mods what they do to peeps doing it but when the bumping isn't 100% surely pointless mods should think twice before locking the thread or banning the bumber. I'm writing this in forum admin PoV btw :p

SilverHood

FH is my second home
It's called giving an opinion Ingafgrinn Macabre.
You're flogging a horse simply for the sake of flogging it.

It's not achieving anything - if you don't like how things are done on FH, then create a thread on the feedback section, saying what you don't like. Be polite, write in a stuctured manor and give examples.

If the mods / admins believe you to be in the wrong, then either stick out your upper lip and live with it, or leave.
You're in someone elses playhouse, so you follow thier rules.

If you don't like a post, use the "report bad post" button. It sends the admins an email saying a bad post has been reported.
Simply complaining that nothing is being done achieves little... press the little button if you see something that offends you. If you don't, or can't be arsed, then don't complain when nothing is done. And when a mod finally sees something that needs modding, and does something about, don't draw the stupid conclusion (s)he's beeing harsh on that person, or ignoring the others.

They can't mod if they don't know about the problem.

Tilda

Saggy said:
That is what you want to believe and you are probably right. It doesn't make the other possibilities, the ones at least mods should be looking into, disappear. My point wasn't that did p0x deserve ban or not, I wanted to see what was the reaction of mod when he saw p0x's post - Jupitus (if it was he who banned him) expected the worst and banned p0x without considering that there may have been valid reason for his post -> horrible modding.

Bumping old threads is annoying, yes, and its purely up to mods what they do to peeps doing it but when the bumping isn't 100% surely pointless mods should think twice before locking the thread or banning the bumber. I'm writing this in forum admin PoV btw :p
How do you know the mod didnt consider and then dismiss the idea it might be a constructive post?

I looked at his post, thought, hmm is this relavant, I considered it might be for about 0.0015 of a second, and then dismissed it as useless thread bumping.

Tilda

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
You tell em Clown. Daoc's. please fuck off .

Thanks.
just to clarify the people complaining here are from the prydwen rvr discussion. Prydwen is one of the two actual english servers (well there is camlann but that is a pvp server and it is kinda empty) that goa runs daoc on. So basically it is a (small) part of the people posting on the prydwen boards, basically its 20 people out of the hundreds daoc people that use it.
So it isnt all daoc'ers.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
How do you know the mod didnt consider and then dismiss the idea it might be a constructive post?
I dont know did the mod consider it (never claimed I did :p) but I do know Jupitus-the-mod wouldn't have considered it because he replied "bollocks" to such an idea.
Tilda said:
I looked at his post, thought, hmm is this relavant, I considered it might be for about 0.0015 of a second, and then dismissed it as useless thread bumping.
Ok, good to know :cool: Now I see no problem here.

Ziva

Fluffy
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I mean... giving a seemingly harmless action like bumping an old thread thesame (or even worse, since most griefposters seem to be ignored) punishment as the griefposters is just utterly wrong.
plus to make things worse, when it comes up for discussion, just closing threads and giving replies like
The replies you quote where replies made by Jup as a closure of 3 threads that all had the same shitty content, all the same purpose (surely the purpose was not discussing but merely provoking) and all made by the same user. As you can see for yourself, the user that made these threads only purpose was to piss Jup off, nothing more nothing less. So please, don't start about his replies cause the poster who made these threads was not at all looking for an "adult" discussion. I won't even start about the fact he thought it was "okay" to repeat his stupidity 2 times after his first post was closed.

Furthermore, moderating isn't allways a matter of "right" or "wrong". It is and will allways be a matter of judging from a person at a certain situation. Maybe i would have handled something different, maybe i wouldn't. Fact is, Jup handled it the way he thought was appropriate after he made a warning. It's fine for you to disagree with that, you are entitled to your opinion offcourse.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
so let me get this straight..... p0x was bumping old threads (seems to be a "fun" thing to do on RvR section) and got banned..... dont see a problem there, he was doing it to irritate, not for any useful purpose, if you dont like the FH modding, then you dont have to live with it, you can leave :p

jupitus gave a warning to others not to bump old threads (not unless its relevant anyway, see no problem bumping trade threads :p ) and yet they STILL go do it... its like locking someone up for shooting themselves in the foot then telling others not to do it, the first thing they do is pull the trigger....

some people should stop acting like 5 year olds imo :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Clown said:
Right. I'm going to try to be as as constructive, as non-post-farming-ive and non-insulting as possible.

Fuck off.

Win tbh :cheers:

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Ziva said:
The replies you quote where replies made by Jup as a closure of 3 threads that all had the same shitty content, all the same purpose (surely the purpose was not discussing but merely provoking) and all made by the same user. As you can see for yourself, the user that made these threads only purpose was to piss Jup off, nothing more nothing less. So please, don't start about his replies cause the poster who made these threads was not at all looking for an "adult" discussion. I won't even start about the fact he thought it was "okay" to repeat his stupidity 2 times after his first post was closed.

Furthermore, moderating isn't allways a matter of "right" or "wrong". It is and will allways be a matter of judging from a person at a certain situation. Maybe i would have handled something different, maybe i wouldn't. Fact is, Jup handled it the way he thought was appropriate after he made a warning. It's fine for you to disagree with that, you are entitled to your opinion offcourse.

Like I said before, I actually don't mind that they got banned, but I DO mind that others who do way worse things get ignored. That's what I am talking about. If you want to enforce rules... do them properly.
and about the only purpose to piss Jup off, I don't agree. I think that he just didn't agree with the way the issue got handled, and tried to get a discussion this way, seeming that the previous <free p0x> threads got closed aswell... anyways, that's the way I see it.. could be completely wrong on that one ;)

-gotta get me some dinner now and got a birthday party I gotta attend :) cya this evening, or more likely tomorrow-

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
JBP| said:

isnt flame baiting also frowned upon? ;)

edit: Ingafgrinn Macabre if you think other things are worse (and possibly they are) report them and if no action is taken then discuss why it hasnt (best to do this first in pm with a mod as it is something between you and the mod first and if you two dont share the same opinion. Than start a thread in feedback about it, if you think people on the boards might agree that harsher modding is in order (on that part).

Clown

Part of the furniture
throdgrain said:
You tell em Clown. Daoc's. please fuck off .

Thanks.
No. Not DAoCs. Just ones who bother me... Like this prat here. Or there. Wherever that post was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom