let's ban FH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, apparently Jupitus thinks he's the bestest etc.... let's all happily go over to prydwen.net, and thus banning FH for a month orso

atos

Fledgling Freddie
/signed

oh, err ok. Sounds great to me. =)

BTW does sub-admin makes your -epenis bigger?

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
I liked the "When daddy gets home, you boys will be sorry" threat you did though. Like a 50's housewife talking to 5 year olds.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Moved to the feedback area :m00:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I can understand a War against Tilda, but jups a nice guy :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
I can understand a War against Tilda, but jups a nice guy :)
nice or nasty has got nothing to do with one's ability to lead and direct... and in that case jupitus has had his priorities wrong lately....

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Moved to the feedback area :m00:
Wow, reason shines through. Showing some progress. Ok, well ill repost what I wrote in an earlier thread.

Not so much being the question of being power crazy, much more the question of being an idiot that's supposed to enforce rules that are there for a reason and instead make rules up as they see fitting.

And then start banning people for no other reason then a bruised ego because people actually disagree instead of doing the right thing and admit they are wrong. And if the one that employed this so called moderator agree's with this particular rule of banning people for bumping threads maybe this should be written in the code of conduct, but much more importantly. If critizing above mentioned moderator for doing something wrong results in a ban that certainly also needs to be stated in the code of conduct. The "fuck off im the moderator" approach is not really all it's cracked up to be.

And if the first offense goes under spam well then certainly there would be alot of other bannings since posts like it takes up most of the prydwen / rvr discussion which furthermore raises the question if the moderators in question are doing a good job.

Written before the spam of Rudor I might want to add. Anyway, maybe you either should lighten up on the bans or atleast add the reasons you used for this particular ban to the code of conduct so you can reference to it when people start questioning it.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Am I really the only one agreeing with Jupitus and getting anoyed by months old crappy gratz threads getting bumped?
Stop acting like a bunch of retards imo, go take the piss out of me again ;(
Must say Ziva > all tho :(

Ziva said:
Thank you for this usefull information. I'm sure whole Albion is glad to know his peen is allright now!

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
I am sure I speak for all the regulars on www.prydwen.net when i say you would be most welcome to join our thriving community. If you haven't taken the chance to visit then please pop over and say hi :)

Just as a little back ground, the site has been going since before I started DAoC and has always been the home of Hibs. When it was setup it had forums for Alb and mid, which have always been there in case the opther realms got bored of FH :eek:

/em Waits for his FH ban :(

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Am I really the only one agreeing with Jupitus and getting anoyed by months old crappy gratz threads getting bumped?
Stop acting like a bunch of retards imo, go take the piss out of me again ;(
agreeing with jupitus and getting annoyed by gratz threads getting bumped are two entirely different things...... The way jupitus handled it is utterly and completely wrong and the punishment given is in no aspect justifyable when griefposters get exactly thesame punishment, or less even since most of the time they just get away with it..

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
i think the point was more not warning people, it annoys me too, but insta ban is silly, especially with some of the garbage on this forum

for example someone bumps a thread and gets banned
someone on the pryd rl meet thread (jank i think) started threatening to beat people up and saying die irl, generally hateful stuff which has put some people off coming as a result, but wasn't banned
this seems somewhat odd to me

and then banning threads just because they disagree with what a mod has done, if its for personal attacks on the mod, what about the personal attacks that are made every day on other people? a lot of the closed threads seem to be about pride rather than coc

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
shanks said:
Anyway, maybe you either should lighten up on the bans or atleast add the reasons you used for this particular ban to the code of conduct so you can reference to it when people start questioning it.

The Code of Conduct is deliberately relaxed and doesn't have 10,000 rules regarding conduct and it is there as a guide towards how we expect people to behave. Yes, I could add a rule saying 'don't bump 10 month old grats threads with single line spam' but frankly most of our users don't need spoon feeding to such a degree, nor would many of them even understand what a 'grats thread' is.

If you don't like FreddysHouse then find new boards to post on. Deebs and TedTheDog set this place up as a replacement for you with no commercial assistance whatsoever, just their (and other mods') time, voluntary contributions and good will.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Elendar said:
someone on the pryd rl meet thread (i forget who) started threatening to beat people up and saying die irl, generally hateful stuff which has put some people off coming as a result, but wasn't banned

At the bottom of every post is a button which you can click to report a bad post. I can assure you that any post we get reported containing 'die irl' type content will get the user a ban of some description. Any other offences will be handled according to our judgement. I don't recall ever seeing a post reported by you, Elendar, and yet you seem quite vocal about this issue. Perhaps you were unaware of that particular feature?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Jupitus said:
The Code of Conduct is deliberately relaxed and doesn't have 10,000 rules regarding conduct and it is there as a guide towards how we expect people to behave. Yes, I could add a rule saying 'don't bump 10 month old grats threads with single line spam' but frankly most of our users don't need spoon feeding to such a degree, nor would many of them even understand what a 'grats thread' is.

If you don't like FreddysHouse then find new boards to post on. Deebs and TedTheDog set this place up as a replacement for you with no commercial assistance whatsoever, just their (and other mods') time, voluntary contributions and good will.
Jupitus... when will you start getting the clue.... the problem is not that you banned people for just bumping old threads etc, but that you guys DON'T ban people that do WAY worse stuff, like threatning, cursing, grieftalk in general..

------------------ You just replied to that --------------------

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:

The state of the current code of conduct and it's relaxedness is even the more reason to be light with the permaban is it not?

Heh, the "if you dont like it get out" redneck attitude is a nice touch too displaying the great level of cooperation on your part to the members of this forum.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
p0x said:
Oh, agree I do!
Erm, p0x got banned for that? If so, did the mod who banned him ever thought that there is a possibility that p0x saw Loch lagging badly and instead of making a new thread he used the old one which is, as far as I know, the method FH encourages people to do?

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
At the bottom of every post is a button which you can click to report a bad post. I can assure you that any post we get reported containing 'die irl' type content will get the user a ban of some description. Any other offences will be handled according to our judgement. I don't recall ever seeing a post reported by you, Elendar, and yet you seem quite vocal about this issue. Perhaps you were unaware of that particular feature?

die irl while a bit immature generall seems to be accepted here, and so many people say it and yell about it that i couldn't really care most of the time, the point was more that why does bumping a thread matter more than this to the mods, when the die irl stuff is suposedly more serious
and as for that thread, telling a mod on irc is easier, and guarantees they know (this is not saying you don't instantly respond to report posts, i just don't know if you do or not so i'd rather use something where i know)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
shanks said:
The state of the current code of conduct and it's relaxedness is even the more reason to be light with the permaban is it not?

Heh, the "if you dont like it get out" redneck attitude is a nice touch too displaying the great level of cooperation on your part to the members of this forum.

Shanks: who said anyone has been perma banned over this? Where have I said what punishment has been handed out at all? I haven't, and nor do I intend to discuss the punishment handed out in public with others. If p0x wants to discuss it they can find me on IRC to do so.

As for the great level of cooperation part, lets consider for a moment who it has been spending many many many hours sticking and unsticking raid threads to the point of unmanageability due to the time involved and then appointed mods for each forum area with the rights to do this on a realm by realm basis? Who has in the past 3 weeks helped 4 different DAOC users with name changes on here because they changed guild or character name?

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:

So you are saying you only ban for such content if someone is actually out there doing your job and finding them? And that's the reason most die irl post slide whilst a bump of a old thread results in the axe for that persons fh account?

One question that comes to mind, was the bump thread reported?

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
agreeing with jupitus and getting annoyed by gratz threads getting bumped are two entirely different things...... The way jupitus handled it is utterly and completely wrong and the punishment given is in no aspect justifyable when griefposters get exactly thesame punishment, or less even since most of the time they just get away with it..
Who cares bout a temp ban tho? Blowing it up and whining about it will get you a perm ban if you keep it up long enough.. Even I survived a perm ban, surely anyone can?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Jupitus said:
Shanks: who said anyone has been perma banned over this? Where have I said what punishment has been handed out at all? I haven't, and nor do I intend to discuss the punishment handed out in public with others. If p0x wants to discuss it they can find me on IRC to do so.

As for the great level of cooperation part, lets consider for a moment who it has been spending many many many hours sticking and unsticking raid threads to the point of unmanageability due to the time involved and then appointed mods for each forum area with the rights to do this on a realm by realm basis? Who has in the past 3 weeks helped 4 different DAOC users with name changes on here because they changed guild or character name?
to my knowledge noone said you did only bad things, but imo you totally acted wrong in that bumping case.. that's what this is all about.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Elendar said:
die irl while a bit immature generall seems to be accepted here, and so many people say it and yell about it that i couldn't really care most of the time, the point was more that why does bumping a thread matter more than this to the mods, when the die irl stuff is suposedly more serious
and as for that thread, telling a mod on irc is easier, and guarantees they know (this is not saying you don't instantly respond to report posts, i just don't know if you do or not so i'd rather use something where i know)

Code Of Conduct said:
Dont tell people to "Die irl" or "Fuck off and Die of Aids" or anything like that. We've been doing forums for years and we've never seen anything so childishly nasty as this trend. Dont say things to people on this forum that you wouldnt say to their face, and thats not a challenge to the macho arseholes out their to prove themselves. Sin and be banned. If you're nasty and unpleasnt, your not wanted

Which part of that isn't clear? It's one of the few areas where we exercise almost no personal discretion, and if you see people behaving in this way please report them. Reported posts ALWAYS get attention. They don't ALWAYS lead to action, but I can assure you that I read every single one along with other mods.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Elendar said:
i think the point was more not warning people, it annoys me too, but insta ban is silly, especially with some of the garbage on this forum

for example someone bumps a thread and gets banned
someone on the pryd rl meet thread (jank i think) started threatening to beat people up and saying die irl, generally hateful stuff which has put some people off coming as a result, but wasn't banned

and then banning threads just because they disagree with what a mod has done, if its for personal attacks on the mod, what about the personal attacks that are made every day on other people? a lot of the closed threads seem to be about pride rather than coc
Yeah Jank really did deserve a ban... :x
But surely it's more bout the way people but it that they disagree more than actually disagreeing? Or am I wrong :/

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
But but irl threats are amusing to read but months old threads are not.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
shanks said:
So you are saying you only ban for such content if someone is actually out there doing your job and finding them? And that's the reason most die irl post slide whilst a bump of a old thread results in the axe for that persons fh account?

One question that comes to mind, was the bump thread reported?

No, if I find that kind of behaviour myself then I would take action, but I do not read every single thread posted, nor would it be possible to do so.

The bumped thread WAS reported, yes, and action taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom