Rant Let Instaport happen

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Fair play to the guys who put in the effort today to get hibs port into alb and mids in process of doing the same :cheers:

Can people please respect instaport now an dont go nuts taking other towers and keeps and just let people have accessable rvr for the last few days here , if people wanna take stuff go to mid and set stuff alight there if you want attention , /rant off :twak:

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
would be nice....

Hope the mids won't run set groups rolling everything and then get bored after 5 minutes and start PvEing relics ;>

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if people wanna take stuff go to mid and set stuff alight there if you want attention , /rant off :twak:

as long as its not a keep that breaks the ports right? :eek:

havent ppl given up on telling others how to play yet?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
as long as its not a keep that breaks the ports right? :eek:

havent ppl given up on telling others how to play yet?

Its a simple request to everyones benifit , its your kind of attitude that lead to the death of dyvet ;)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Its a simple request to everyones benifit , its your kind of attitude that lead to the death of dyvet ;)

i dont recall being asked actually, so dont make generalised sweeping statements claiming to be talking from some position of authority ? :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
would be nice....

Hope the mids won't run set groups rolling everything and then get bored after 5 minutes and start PvEing relics ;>

lol.gif

km8! xD
Atleast taking the relic brought some action out other than albs hugging their nearest keep. :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
lol.gif

km8! xD
Atleast taking the relic brought some action out other than albs hugging their nearest keep. :p

will always happen with that rr10 or 11 trio runnung about, or even just that warlock running about. I'd rather pve if i see arumi is out there as there's no point in rvr'ing lol

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
To engineer instaport that lasts, claim all the towers, but not the keep?

(no scales boo hoo)

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
(Hugs Maeloch) :wub:

Oh... and another old face i saw yesterday... Sacre :))) :wub:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Why alb? It's only good for zerging and one realm has a good run to the action

Give emain RvR
lol.gif

km8! xD

lol k.. Hope you had fun rolling over random rr1s and our group with your 2-3fgs majt

Septina

Part of the furniture
Why alb? It's only good for zerging and one realm has a good run to the action

Give emain RvR

lol k.. Hope you had fun rolling over random rr1s and our group with your 2-3fgs majt

Ye. Silly us for not running as fg when carrying a relic. :( soz

CorNokZ

Sorry I can't count.. Was Arumii, Dotmonster, Septina, Netcode and a healer

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Custodia Maelstrom!!!!! :p

Wish we could actually field a decent group to at least give ya a fight folks :s
Wtb immediate xfer to Ywain tbh.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Don't know why people moaning about them running as a fg they only going out and enjoying themselves.

Simple solution is if you don't like getting rolled log off go play another game or do something else.End of the day it up to the individuals who accounts they are what they do.

Soulja

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
its your kind of attitude that lead to the death of dyvet ;)

why?

because we played the game the way it was supposed to be played and got flamed to hell for it by people that were to fucking lazy to take a boat?

your gonna get quite disappointed on the US cluster if you think you can have an irvr keep for long there, especially if your an underdog realm.

so if anything they are doing you a favor by not letting you get used to something that wont exist much later :)

people need to stop trying to play this game like it was CS.

CorNokZ

Spirit of the game
Play the game how it is supposed to be played..
These two factors had a huge impact on Dyvet, but has very little effect on Ywain.

Dyvet didn't have the player base to raid a realm, capture the relics and so forth, because people didn't feel like going out pve'ing back their own frontier before they could actually starts rvr'ing. On Ywain there will always be enough people to support all aspects of the game, may it be zerging, sieging, soloing or 8vs8'ing

My head hurts so cba reading what I just wrote, but it made sense at the time.. I might be completly wrong! This day sucks

Septina

Part of the furniture
These two factors had a huge impact on Dyvet, but has very little effect on Ywain.

Dyvet didn't have the player base to raid a realm, capture the relics and so forth, because people didn't feel like going out pve'ing back their own frontier before they could actually starts rvr'ing. On Ywain there will always be enough people to support all aspects of the game, may it be zerging, sieging, soloing or 8vs8'ing

My head hurts so cba reading what I just wrote, but it made sense at the time.. I might be completly wrong! This day sucks

I dont get it........

:)D)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

It's more about the principle that a very vocal minority shouldn't even try to dictate how other people should be playing. Pretty simple, just play the game as it is or don't play at all.

aika

Part of the furniture
well I opened port, but it seems that if Crauchon is taken, hibs cant port to albland.

Septina

Part of the furniture
It's more about the principle that a very vocal minority shouldn't even try to dictate how other people should be playing. Pretty simple, just play the game as it is or don't play at all.

Noone is trying to dictate how anyone should play? The "FG scene" has always found ways to accomplish their way of playing the game by avoiding the zergsefer zones and such.
If people wanna solo then go ahead, solo, if people wanna play FG vs FG they will make it happen. If people wanna hop on the zergwave then by all means do so.

There's no "ONE WAY" to play this game. :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Noone is trying to dictate how anyone should play? The "FG scene" has always found ways to accomplish their way of playing the game by avoiding the zergsefer zones and such.
If people wanna solo then go ahead, solo, if people wanna play FG vs FG they will make it happen. If people wanna hop on the zergwave then by all means do so.

Unbuffed (before the npc :p), untemplated, no decent items, no vent playing 8vs8, to name a few.

The "scene" dictates how the game "should" be played and (almost) forces it on the community. Fair enough you can still play how you want, but it's no fun.

Little example. Let's say i want to claim a keep in Hibernia. Now i'm not running 8 accounts, so i have to invite people to group to get 8 people. Now "the community" has determined that to claim a keep would "give away" free scales and glass to the "enemy".
So i only get 2 or 3 people to help me claim the keep, while the rest says fkoff.

Betel

Banned

Then how about you take your philosophy and not chastise people for playing the game a different way to which you do? Don't you think it's rather hypocritical of you to harrass Lightfighter for 'hugging the nearest keep', yet claim to be a victim because others challenge your attitudes towards how the game should be played? Because, as you said, there is no 'one way' to play DAoC. If you actually took some time to think about it, you may actually realise why some people show hostility towards your niche in the community and your derisive way of showing contemptment towards other players.

To paraphrase, you say that if people wish to zerg then it is within their rights to do so. This makes it even more baffling as to why you uphold this demeanor of 'I'm going to flame whoever disagrees with my style of playing'.

The fact is that, contrary to what you may believe, you are not important to the vast majority of this community. A lot of people who have returned for this free period of playing have not played in many years. A lot of these players have not played in years and may not be as confident to play in RvR because of way in which the game has changed, and therefore stay near the keeps. Are you really going to blame people for this?

I suggest you look beyond your warped vision of DAoC in which everyone must leave their keeps in order to provide RPs for your high-RR groups and let them be. Dyvet does not revolve around you and a large proportion of players are certainly not willing to give up their time to let some RR11+ zerg farm them.

The fact is, this community does not need you. You speak with the sort of swagger that suggests people will actually care about what you say and change their ways. I certainly care little for what you say or do, I have my own group of friends that I play with and we chose how we want to play; and if that means camping the keeps, PvEing or relic-raiding then so be it.

The elitism that you elicit in your playstyle is one thing, but to try and force it upon others so that they can provide you with fun at the expense of their own? That is a farce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom